Samuel Davis update

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

User avatar
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet
Posts: 1202
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Samuel Davis update

Postby Lambkin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Sovrun I am: Sam, buddy of "Rabbi" Shawn Rice, needs to change his name to "I am: Screwed"

Davis, who lives in Idaho, is among tens of thousands of other Americans who have declared themselves sovereign citizens above the government’s jurisdiction and not obligated to pay taxes.

So it comes as no surprise that prosecutors have filed court papers alleging they intend to present evidence at the trial that Davis also evaded $230,000 in taxes. He set up a phony business called Select Business Services to hide his personal financial transactions, prosecutors allege.

Davis, who likes to go by the name "I am: Sam" as a symbol of his refusal to recognize the establishment, has not yet been charged with tax evasion. But prosecutors say he hasn’t filed a tax return since 1998.

User avatar
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: In the woods, with a Hudson Bay axe in my hands.

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Pottapaug1938 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Lambkin wrote:
Sovrun I am: Sam, buddy of "Rabbi" Shawn Rice, needs to change his name to "I am: Screwed"

Davis, who lives in Idaho, is among tens of thousands of other Americans who have declared themselves sovereign citizens above the government’s jurisdiction and not obligated to pay taxes.

So it comes as no surprise that prosecutors have filed court papers alleging they intend to present evidence at the trial that Davis also evaded $230,000 in taxes. He set up a phony business called Select Business Services to hide his personal financial transactions, prosecutors allege.

Davis, who likes to go by the name "I am: Sam" as a symbol of his refusal to recognize the establishment, has not yet been charged with tax evasion. But prosecutors say he hasn’t filed a tax return since 1998.


You left out the best part: the defendants' claim that they were "entrapped".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools

GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby GlimDropper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Let the mental gymnastics of the sovrun conspiracy theorists begin. When Jerry Kane was killed the benighted few who still believe in the "Restore America Plan" took it as a sign that the plan was working, the powers that be were killing off those who "threaten" them and what greater threat is there to them than the R.A.P.? The fact that Mr.Kane never publicly endorsed the plan and there's no reason to believe he was even a member is generally not mentioned in these discussions.

Now R.A.P. "Guardian Elder" Sam Davis is facing criminal charges and this will be used as "proof" that the plan is working, the powers that be are prosecuting the plan's leaders in an effort to stop it. I predict the fact that the things Sam is being charged with occurred long before the plan was announced this last January will not be mentioned by R.A.P. enthusiasts when they make this sort of argument.

User avatar
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: In the woods, with a Hudson Bay axe in my hands.

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Pottapaug1938 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:19 pm

GlimDropper wrote:Let the mental gymnastics of the sovrun conspiracy theorists begin. When Jerry Kane was killed the benighted few who still believe in the "Restore America Plan" took it as a sign that the plan was working, the powers that be were killing off those who "threaten" them and what greater threat is there to them than the R.A.P.? The fact that Mr.Kane never publicly endorsed the plan and there's no reason to believe he was even a member is generally not mentioned in these discussions.

Now R.A.P. "Guardian Elder" Sam Davis is facing criminal charges and this will be used as "proof" that the plan is working, the powers that be are prosecuting the plan's leaders in an effort to stop it. I predict the fact that the things Sam is being charged with occurred long before the plan was announced this last January will not be mentioned by R.A.P. enthusiasts when they make this sort of argument.


Hey -- when you have a hotline connection to The Revealed Truth, you aren't going to let things like facts and reality get in the way. I'm sure that we will soon see posts proclaiming that Mr. Kane WOULD have been a RAP-er, if the Evil Powers That Be hadn't made his psend all of his time evading persecution.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools

User avatar
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:02 am
Contact:

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby grixit » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:55 am

There are Rat Packs. And then there are just rats.
Last edited by grixit on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I voted for Hillary, and i didn't even get a stupid tshirt!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4

Funkalicious
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:48 am
Location: Oh, that would just fit perfectly into your little plan, wouldn't it?

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Funkalicious » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:03 am

Pottapaug1938 wrote:You left out the best part: the defendants' claim that they were "entrapped".


Can anyone figure out their rationale for claiming entrapment?
I was faced with a choice at a difficult age
Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage?
But in the back of my head I heard distant feet
Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6359
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby wserra » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 am

Funkalicious wrote:Can anyone figure out their rationale for claiming entrapment?


You are hereby fined the sum of 500 Quatloos for implying that any sane Quatloosian could "figure out" a position taken by scamming sovrun nutcase Davis.

You can work off your fine by reading this and this - hey, the judge had to - and "figuring out" for us the following passage:

The above-entitled defendant SAMUEL DAVIS or any derivative thereof (in rem
"Defendant") by and through its undersigned authorized representative creditor/secured party, Samuel Lynn: family of Davis (hereinafter sui juris real party in interest ("Me, My, Myself, Mine, and/or I"), hereby replies to the above-entitled plaintiff United States of America's (straw man "plaintiff") non-response and failure to provide Me and the above-entitled court evidence of the ratification of commencement within a reasonable time
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

User avatar
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: In the woods, with a Hudson Bay axe in my hands.

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Pottapaug1938 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:31 am

wserra wrote:You can work off your fine by reading this and this - hey, the judge had to - and "figuring out" for us the following passage:

The above-entitled defendant SAMUEL DAVIS or any derivative thereof (in rem
"Defendant") by and through its undersigned authorized representative creditor/secured party, Samuel Lynn: family of Davis (hereinafter sui juris real party in interest ("Me, My, Myself, Mine, and/or I"), hereby replies to the above-entitled plaintiff United States of America's (straw man "plaintiff") non-response and failure to provide Me and the above-entitled court evidence of the ratification of commencement within a reasonable time


Once again, we have soveridiots trying to appeal a CRIMINAL case by citing rules of CIVIL procedure....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools

ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby ASITStands » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 pm

wserra wrote:
Funkalicious wrote:Can anyone figure out their rationale for claiming entrapment?


You are hereby fined the sum of 500 Quatloos for implying that any sane Quatloosian could "figure out" a position taken by scamming sovrun nutcase Davis.

You can work off your fine by reading this and this - hey, the judge had to - and "figuring out" for us the following passage:

The above-entitled defendant SAMUEL DAVIS or any derivative thereof (in rem
"Defendant") by and through its undersigned authorized representative creditor/secured party, Samuel Lynn: family of Davis (hereinafter sui juris real party in interest ("Me, My, Myself, Mine, and/or I"), hereby replies to the above-entitled plaintiff United States of America's (straw man "plaintiff") non-response and failure to provide Me and the above-entitled court evidence of the ratification of commencement within a reasonable time

I may be stating the obvious, so forgive my intrusion.

It appears to be a fairly-straightforward admiralty defense, as he's claiming the real party in interest [i.e., the flesh man] is not the party being sued but the strawman, SAMUEL DAVIS

He's invoking civil rules in a criminal matter - Rule 2, one form of action, and Rule 17, real party in interest - but he'll lose that argument. He's being consistent.

This one form of action is based on the theory that the birth certificate has been converted to a security against the debt of the United States Treasury [creating a "secret" Treasury Account], that we're all indentured servants, and that remedy lies in the U.C.C.

At least, that's how I read it. He's eating his own dog-food, so to speak.

User avatar
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet
Posts: 1202
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Lambkin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:40 pm

ASITStands wrote:At least, that's how I read it. He's eating his own dog-food, so to speak.

Um, I think he is confused about which end of the dog the "food" came from.

Repaired

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Repaired » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Everyone is missing the other side of this. The Good ole Rabbi has flown the coop. Missing, gone, fugitive!

GOVERNMENT'S THIRD SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE OF INTENT TO USE EVIDENCE OF OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS wrote:On March 8, 2010, defendant SHAWN RICE failed to appear at the hearing to consider the government’s motion to revoke his self-representation status. (CR # 133). This court continued this hearing to give defendant SHAWN RICE another opportunity to appear. On March 9, 2010, defendant SHAWN RICE again failed to appear at the hearing to consider the government’s motion to revoke his self-representation status. (CR # 135). At this time this court directed Pretrial Services and the United States Attorneys Office to submit a petition to revoke defendant SHAWN RICE’s pretrial release due to his two failures to appear for court ordered hearings. Failures to appear are felonies in violation of Title 18, United States Code, §3146.
Defendant SHAWN RICE has fled and absconded from the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada. Defendant SHAWN RICE absconded from the supervision of Pretrial Services as early as February 18, 2010, and currently remains a fugitive from justice. "Evidence of flight is generally admissible as evidence of consciousness of guilt and of guilt itself." United States v. Harris, 792 22 F.2d 866, 869 (9th Cir.1986) (citations omitted). Since "flight" is essentially an admission by conduct, its probative value as circumstantial evidence depends upon the degree of confidence with which four inferences can be drawn:
(1) from the defendant's behavior to flight; (2) from flight to consciousness of guilt; (3) from consciousness of guilt to consciousness of guilt concerning the crime charged; and (4) from consciousness of guilt concerning the crime charged to actual guilt of the crime charged. United States v. Myers, 550 F.2d 1036, 1049 (5th Cir.1977); see also United States v. Silverman, 861 F.2d 571, 581 (9th Cir.1988).

User avatar
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: In the woods, with a Hudson Bay axe in my hands.

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Pottapaug1938 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm imagining the following dialogue:

"WHAT?", says Mr. Davis. "The man who swore, on his mother's grave, that he would stand by me thick and thin has flown the coop and left me holding the bag...?"

"Who'd a-thunk it", as my mother used to say.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools

Repaired

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Repaired » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:58 am

Interestingly enough, I found this super duper "memo in support" of 1099-OID in which Rice, a purported J.D., explains how....with "facts" (Some people have a definition of facts that are quite different from others), people in the U.S. become Stockholders via Birth certificates.

Your definition of facts may vary!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25505353/Memo ... Shawn-Rice

I particularly enjoy this "fact"...

The United States Treasury issues approximately nine (9) work orders to various other agencies.


what is the definition of approximately? is it 6, 9, 12 ??? More likely ZERO :P

Nikki

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Nikki » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:14 am

You are hereby assessed a penalty of Q1,000 for failing to post the mandatory 'brain sucker' warning associated with your off-site reference.

Payment is to be made to the Quatloosian treasurer. Alternatively, you can submit an appropriate draw-down order against your hypothecated birth certificate.

User avatar
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: In the woods, with a Hudson Bay axe in my hands.

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Pottapaug1938 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Repaired wrote:Interestingly enough, I found this super duper "memo in support" of 1099-OID in which Rice, a purported J.D., explains how....with "facts" (Some people have a definition of facts that are quite different from others), people in the U.S. become Stockholders via Birth certificates.

Your definition of facts may vary!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25505353/Memo ... Shawn-Rice

I particularly enjoy this "fact"...

The United States Treasury issues approximately nine (9) work orders to various other agencies.


what is the definition of approximately? is it 6, 9, 12 ??? More likely ZERO :P


YEEEOWCH! I could only get to #42 before I couldn't take any more. Even the dullest first-year law student couldn't write anything this bad.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6359
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby wserra » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:41 am

Well, Davis is the latest sovrun nitwit to discover that being represented makes him a ward of the state. At a hearing last Wednesday, his lawyer informed the Court of his wish to go pro se. Given that Davis decided this just five days before the scheduled trial, I'm a little surprised that the judge granted it - but that's apparently what happened. His trial is now scheduled for September 20. The Court issued a warrant for the good Rabbi, who failed to appear. He's probably off davening.

Elaboration on "apparently", above: while the docket contains an order continuing the trial to September, it does not contain an order relieving Davis' lawyer, or appointing him standby counsel, or noting that the Court had held a Faretta hearing. That may come later. Maybe they do things a little differently in Nevada.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

User avatar
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica
Posts: 5773
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:11 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Demosthenes » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:13 pm

wserra wrote:Well, Davis is the latest sovrun nitwit to discover that being represented makes him a ward of the state. At a hearing last Wednesday, his lawyer informed the Court of his wish to go pro se. Given that Davis decided this just five days before the scheduled trial, I'm a little surprised that the judge granted it - but that's apparently what happened. His trial is now scheduled for September 20. The Court issued a warrant for the good Rabbi, who failed to appear. He's probably off davening.

Elaboration on "apparently", above: while the docket contains an order continuing the trial to September, it does not contain an order relieving Davis' lawyer, or appointing him standby counsel, or noting that the Court had held a Faretta hearing. That may come later. Maybe they do things a little differently in Nevada.


Davis tried to go pro se earlier in the case and there was an aborted attempt at a Faretta hearing back in June of 2009. The judge asked Davis if he understood the nature of the charges against him, and Sam sputtered like an imbecile and said he needed to study the indictment some more. While Rice has filed a bajillion sovereign documents since then, Davis has been pretty quiet.
Demo.

User avatar
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:02 am
Contact:

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby grixit » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Be careful. According to one soveranter, "understand" is a trap. If you say you "understand" the charges, it means that you "stand under" them, ie, you agree to be tried and punished. Refuse to "understand", and they can't touch you.
I voted for Hillary, and i didn't even get a stupid tshirt!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6359
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby wserra » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Update: the Court conducted a Faretta hearing on July 20, and will permit Davis to go pro se. Lucky him. Trial date set for September 21.

On September 3, Davis moved to continue the trial, on the grounds that he needed more time to prepare. He asked for four months; the Court gave him two. New trial date is November 15.

Anybody in Vegas?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

User avatar
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica
Posts: 5773
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:11 pm

Re: Samuel Davis update

Postby Demosthenes » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Sam Davis pleads guilty.

A must-read article:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/conviction-chi ... ml?ref=494
Demo.


Return to “US”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest