squatters

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

squatters

Post by Cathulhu »

Well, this one gets a half-quatloo for chuzpah...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/d ... nny16.html

If you ever steal anything, steal something big.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
bmielke

Re: squatters

Post by bmielke »

Idiots :brickwall:

Seriously they could have done this to a nice 2 or three bedroom and likely no one would have noticed
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

How this scam could have possibly failed escapes me. After all, they had a UCC Financing Statement, which every sovrun knows is the Magic Bullet that makes the Bad Guys cringe and then retreat in terror; and they had a Bonded Promissory Note, which is as good as gold....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

"The big mistake these Kirkland squatters made is they picked too nice of a neighborhood."
In a less nice neighborhood they might have been shot. The working class is not like the rich folks, they don't take kindly to you stealing their home.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Brandybuck wrote:
"The big mistake these Kirkland squatters made is they picked too nice of a neighborhood."
In a less nice neighborhood they might have been shot. The working class is not like the rich folks, they don't take kindly to you stealing their home.
... or for you to steal someone else's home while they have to word hard to buy and keep theirs. In my neighborhood, a squatter would be dimed out before the sun set on Moving (Squatting?) Day.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:How this scam could have possibly failed escapes me. After all, they had a UCC Financing Statement, which every sovrun knows is the Magic Bullet that makes the Bad Guys cringe and then retreat in terror; and they had a Bonded Promissory Note, which is as good as gold....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Hey, it's as good as DMVP's 20 million or Harvey's stash...How poor we all are, that only have real dollars in real banks.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Brandybuck wrote:
The Police would have tasered them for having to go out there... Seriously the Judge, County Lawyer, and Sheriff/Chief of Police in my county are on call 24 hours a day, it would be really bad to have to call all three about a UCC document at 2:00AM. You read in the paper occasionally that two of them are woken up over something, but this would involve all three and the bail would likely be very high. Assuming they weren't shot by neighbors, or tasered by disbelieving cops.
Cathulhu

Post by Cathulhu »

Considering how she was attempting to make her living, I'll be surprised if we don't hear from Ms. Jill E. Lane again, for her craigslist scam.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Cathulhu wrote:Considering how she was attempting to make her living, I'll be surprised if we don't hear from Ms. Jill E. Lane again, for her craigslist scam.
I missed that part, but I predict it doesn't last long, hopefully Craigslist will ban or block her, and the feds will go after her before she can do too much damage.