An interesting source for sovrun idiocy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

An interesting source for sovrun idiocy

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

There's a site called www.rantrave.com, on which you can find some very interesting posts. Some are good; some are bad; and some, like this post from a frequent poster, are outright deranged:

http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/LIST-OF-FA ... COURT.aspx

I wonder what this clown's track record is.... :roll:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: An interesting source for sovrun idiocy

Post by fortinbras »

From the document on Rant/Rave that you linked:
That Title 28 USC 1330 states that the United States District Court has to grant permission for the suit to be pursued once the court has been supplied sufficient proof that the united states citizen is actually a corporate entity and not a living man upon the land.
28 US Code § 1330 actually deals with actions against "foreign states" - meaning other countries and their subdivisions, agencies and the like (in particular, it does NOT mean another state of the United States). The section gives federal district courts jurisdiction over cases between a US party and a foreign country, unless international agreements or the like provide otherwise.

It also has a serious problem with its citations. For example:
"The courts are not bound by an officer's interpretation of the law under which he presumes to act." Hoffsomer v. Hayes, 92 Okla 32, 227 F 417.
It turns out that the correct citation (some of you may have realized that an Oklahoma state court decision would not be reprinted in the Federal reporter) is:
Hoffsommer v. Hayes (1923) 92 Okla 32, 217 P 477.

The rest of the document is about as accurate.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

fortinbras wrote:From the document on Rant/Rave that you linked:
That Title 28 USC 1330 states that the United States District Court has to grant permission for the suit to be pursued once the court has been supplied sufficient proof that the united states citizen is actually a corporate entity and not a living man upon the land.
28 US Code § 1330 actually deals with actions against "foreign states" - meaning other countries and their subdivisions, agencies and the like (in particular, it does NOT mean another state of the United States).
What! A sovrun with a reading comprehension problem? Who would have guessed?
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »