Byron Williams, self-styled revolutionary

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LDE

Byron Williams, self-styled revolutionary

Post by LDE »

OK, no news reports said he claimed to be a sovereign, but he fits the pattern of violent, anti-government nuts.
On Tuesday, Williams, 45, of Groveland (Tuolumne County) appeared in an Oakland courtroom on charges that he tried to murder four CHP officers. Authorities described him as a heavily armed man determined not to return to prison. Bullets from the suspect's rifle could penetrate ballistic body armor and vehicles, police said.
'Start a revolution'

After he was wounded and taken to Highland Hospital in Oakland, Williams told investigators "his intention was to start a revolution by traveling to San Francisco and killing people of importance at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU," Oakland police Sgt. Michael Weisenberg wrote in a court affidavit.
http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-07-21/n ... -francisco
bmielke

Re: Byron Williams, self-styled revolutionary

Post by bmielke »

LDE wrote:OK, no news reports said he claimed to be a sovereign, but he fits the pattern of violent, anti-government nuts.
On Tuesday, Williams, 45, of Groveland (Tuolumne County) appeared in an Oakland courtroom on charges that he tried to murder four CHP officers. Authorities described him as a heavily armed man determined not to return to prison. Bullets from the suspect's rifle could penetrate ballistic body armor and vehicles, police said.
'Start a revolution'

After he was wounded and taken to Highland Hospital in Oakland, Williams told investigators "his intention was to start a revolution by traveling to San Francisco and killing people of importance at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU," Oakland police Sgt. Michael Weisenberg wrote in a court affidavit.
http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-07-21/n ... -francisco
My bolding...

Glenn Beck is alway talking about the Tides Foundation, I think what we have here is your garden varity whack job. He watched 16 hours of beck, had a beer and decided to act out for the messiah (Beck).

Don't get me wrong I am a Republican, and I think I am fairly conservative. But beck is looking for trouble.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Beck's beer?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Beck is almost as stupid as Sarah Palin (and I'm apolitical, but a conservative). I sometimes wonder if he's a liberal plant trying to make conservatives look like idiots.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Omne
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Omne »

Gregg wrote:Beck is almost as stupid as Sarah Palin (and I'm apolitical, but a conservative). I sometimes wonder if he's a liberal plant trying to make conservatives look like idiots.
If he is they should give him a raise.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:I sometimes wonder if he's a liberal plant trying to make conservatives look like idiots.
May be not as far-fetched as it as it sounds...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I still say we need to very nicely ask the Queen if we can pay the back taxes and get back into the British Empire.....
Looking at how much we pay and what kind of representation we get, Taxation without Representation is looking like a better idea every day.... :mrgreen:
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Gregg wrote:I still say we need to very nicely ask the Queen if we can pay the back taxes and get back into the British Empire.....
Looking at how much we pay and what kind of representation we get, Taxation without Representation is looking like a better idea every day.... :mrgreen:
But then we would need to learn common law, and our lawyers would have to buy wigs and robes, and we would have afternoon tea. Dear god man have you ever seen an afternoon tea? I saw one on TV once that was enough for me.

:twisted:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

bmielke wrote:
Gregg wrote:I still say we need to very nicely ask the Queen if we can pay the back taxes and get back into the British Empire.....
But then we would need to learn common law, and our lawyers would have to buy wigs and robes, and we would have afternoon tea. Dear god man have you ever seen an afternoon tea? I saw one on TV once that was enough for me.

:twisted:
I went to school in London, I never felt too oppressed m'self. Unlike Boston, they can't tell I'm from Argillite Kentucky just by the way I talk. As for tea, a lump of sugar and a splash of whiskey is all you need.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

33 years ago today, my wife and I were in London on our honeymoon. Some time later, we were in Chester (near Wales); and after we got into our hotel my wife didn't feel well, and asked me if I'd go get her some tea. I went downstairs, and was told "we can't serve tea now. We're serving dinner." I waas shocked to hear that an English hotel wasn't serrving tea, and so was my wife; but then the penny dropped and my wife suggested that I go down and ask for a "pot of tea", since the proprietors obviously thought that I was interested in "afternoon tea". I was back upstairs, with the tea, in less than five minutes.

A bit later, we enjoyed afternoon tea in the Pump Room in Bath....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I've suffered through the hideous formal ceremony that is tea to ladies' clubs, because I was the paid speaker, and would prefer my ears be pierced with a railroad spike to doing another. Yay, retirement! On the other hand, went with my pal Sue to an excellent afternoon tea which was an excuse to share a pot of Dragonwell and lots of little savory sandwiches (I recall the bacon and tomato fondly) with petit fours and chocolate dipped strawberries. That, I can get into.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold