George Tran

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: George Tran

Post by GlimDropper »

If anyone wanted to hear Mr.Tran describe himself and his method in his own words they can do so on the "Tim Turner's Alumni" Talk Shoe show (Episode 72, 8/06/10). The interesting thing (to me) is it does seem that George has something like a legitimate track record in helping design e-commerce software but I have no clue when he started selling myths and fables instead. His Free and Clear in 90 dot com website seems to be transitioning from a "give away my free e-book" kind of place to a "buy my crap" sort of site, so it seems his internet marketing skills aren't being wasted.

So why isn't Tim Turner doing his own alumni calls any more? Well for those of you not following the Restore American Plan as closely as you should be, Tim has been elected the Interim President of the Restored American Republics and he's busy setting up the De Jure government in Kalamazoo Michigan. The RAP faithful have been waiting patiently for the press release telling the world that Obama is out, Tim is in and the pre-1864 constitution is fully restored (presumably so a couple of mouthy anti-RAP women can be forced to shut up and then they can argue over which one of the "elders" owns our current "de facto" President as a chattel).
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Tim has been elected the Interim President of the Restored American Republics and he's busy setting up the De Jure government in Kalamazoo Michigan.
Yeah, if I were setting up my De Jure government I would choose Kalamazoo, Michigan as the place to be. Truly a seat of power and authority.
The RAP faithful have been waiting patiently for the press release telling the world that Obama is out, Tim is in and the pre-1864 constitution is fully restored

I can't wait to read that press release. I'm sure Obama will be shaking in his boots and we'll all feel safer knowing that a scam artist like Tim Turner is the "new president grand poobah."
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Famspear wrote:
4. Under U.S. law, there is no such thing as a "right to travel" without a driver's license, and there is no "right to travel" without being stopped by law enforcement personnel, etc., etc.
There is a "right to travel", but modes and locations are subject to various limitations and requirements. If the mode is by car, the driver is required to be licensed and follow the highway code. And the car must be registerd and insured.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

wserra wrote:
He claims to have gotten defaults from an Oregon judge - I can't say if this is true, since his "default orders" don't even contain a judge's name, just an illegible squiggle on a signature line. If that is a judge's squiggle, the judge wasn't paying much attention.
George has an update that those default judgments were set aside and so he then filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy to stay the sale of the properties.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

It's only going to get worse for him.

On his Chapter 13 C-1 filing he put "N/A" on the declaration for the street address of any principal assets. :brickwall:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The biggest fear I had was because when I started this journey, I was ignorant of the law. I filed a civil action for my UT properties in Oregon. So, as far as I can tell, opposing counsel can easily file a motion to dismiss: Jurisdiction/Venue Challenge.
Oh, really? So, you went and posted your BS on the internet, even charged a bunch of people for your "coaching" and now you realize you don't know what the heck you're talking about? How many people who have read your stuff have followed your admittedly bogus advice and how many of them are going to lose their homes?

You should be so proud!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
grixit

Post by grixit »

George Tran wrote:Why the Trustee and not Wachovia Corporate?
Well, these guys signed as “attorney in fact” on the Notice of Substitution of Trustee. So, this makes them attorneys representing the client. I want to make sure I am servicing the right person… so, an attorney is a great person to service. So, in a couple of days, my friend will be physically servicing them and sending back the certificate of service. I will then file it with the court and see what they say. I was going to amend the pleading but I did not want to risk the judge throwing out the case because of too many amendments. I didn’t want to push my luck.
Most people are content to just serve the parties in question. But perhaps if you go the extra mile and service them all, you'll get a better hearing.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

In addition to being a scammer, this guy is a real moron.

In his latest update, he writes the following:
Please note, for me, I have no intention of completing the BK.
He only filed to stay the foreclosures.

Prof, in your experience, what's a Bankruptcy Judge likely to do to a petitioner who openly admits to abusing the system?

And poor Harvey is having a bad week. First Hendrickson, and now Tran, admitting that their nonsense doesn't work. Well, Harve, there's always David Icke.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

wserra wrote:In addition to being a scammer, this guy is a real moron.

Prof, in your experience, what's a Bankruptcy Judge likely to do to a petitioner who openly admits to abusing the system?

And poor Harvey is having a bad week. First Hendrickson, and now Tran, admitting that their nonsense doesn't work. Well, Harve, there's always David Icke.
First, Tran's chapter 13 petition and schedules/statements will or are probably so defective that the Chapter 13 trustee will move to dismiss. However, his statement that he has no intent to finish the chapter 13 invokes FRCP 11/FRBankrPro 9011, which is the sanctions rule or rules and allows the Court to impose monetary sanactions on Tran for a false, frivolouse or fraudulent filing.

I have looked at some of Tran's stuff in the past. It is gibberish. Even if he were not proceeding in bad faith, he would fail.
"My Health is Better in November."
wserra

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote:How many people who have read your stuff have followed your admittedly bogus advice and how many of them are going to lose their homes?
If you want a few classic examples of the stupid scammer leading the blind desperate, see the comments to Tran's "Resources" page. I particularly like the one from "Paulette":
George do you take questions from people that are intrested in doing this processure? If so how do you reach you, or can Karen Tappert be reached by e-mail or by phone?
Well, Paulette, Karen Tappert is pretty much out of touch for a while, and George may not be far behind.
- David Hume
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Prof wrote:
wserra wrote:In addition to being a scammer, this guy is a real moron.

First, Tran's chapter 13 petition and schedules/statements will or are probably so defective that the Chapter 13 trustee will move to dismiss. However, his statement that he has no intent to finish the chapter 13 invokes FRCP 11/FRBankrPro 9011, which is the sanctions rule or rules and allows the Court to impose monetary sanactions on Tran for a false, frivolouse or fraudulent filing.

I have looked at some of Tran's stuff in the past. It is gibberish. Even if he were not proceeding in bad faith, he would fail.
The Chapter 13 case could also be dismissed upon motion by the bank, either Wachovia or Bank of America, for a bad faith filing. See generally,In re Love, 957 F.2d 1350, 1354 (7th Cir.1992); In re Eisen, 14 F.3d 469, 470 (9th Cir.1994); In re Gier, 986 F.2d 1326, 1329-30 (10th Cir.1993), In re Lilley, 91 F.3d 491, 496 (3d Cir. 1996).

The Lilley decision specifically states that some of the factors are (which apply to Tran's case):

-The timing of the petition

-The debtor’s motive in filing the petition

Interestingly enough, there have been a few TP Chapter 13 cases dismissed for bad faith filing, including the Chapter 13 case filed by Kent Hovind.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The other thing Tran doesn't know is that "Wachovia" will "walk-ova-ya" every chance they get. :whistle:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit

Post by grixit »

The evidence of bad faith should make it easy for the creditor to invoke forced liquidation. What is that, chapter 7? The one where the sheriff leaves you sitting in your underwear outside the soup kitchen, while all your stuff goes to the swap meet.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:The other thing Tran doesn't know is that "Wachovia" will "walk-ova-ya" every chance they get. :whistle:

A number of years ago I represented a certain bank, who shall not be named, as a creditor in several bankruptcy court actions where debtors had defaulted on their loans. The bank was extremely serious in its pursuit of every penny it could get back. Tran has just poked a sleeping bear.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

ashlynne39 wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:The other thing Tran doesn't know is that "Wachovia" will "walk-ova-ya" every chance they get. :whistle:

A number of years ago I represented a certain bank, who shall not be named, as a creditor in several bankruptcy court actions where debtors had defaulted on their loans. The bank was extremely serious in its pursuit of every penny it could get back. Tran has just poked a sleeping bear.
Poked? Or slapped in the ears with a baseball bat?
Gee, I wonder if someone could look up who is representing the banks in the foreclosure actions and make sure they see George's strategy? Think they'd be interested?
Last edited by Gregg on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:

A number of years ago I represented a certain bank, who shall not be named, as a creditor in several bankruptcy court actions where debtors had defaulted on their loans. The bank was extremely serious in its pursuit of every penny it could get back. Tran has just poked a sleeping bear.[/quot]

Poked? Or slapped in the ears with a baseball bat?

... more like kicking some bear cubs while mama bear is watching.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra

Post by wserra »

For any sovereignoramus whose stuff actually goes to court, it's only a matter of time. The usual progression is: (1) brag to the crowd about your amazing abilities; (2) seek to fleece the gullible by selling your amazing abilities; (3) blame corrupt judges when your amazing abilities fail.

Our friend George Tran has reached step (3) quicker than most. It appears that someone used his (ahem) "method" and sued a bank in Oregon. He doesn't specifically say whether the property at issue is located in Oregon, but I would bet that it is not (as with Tran himself). The bank did not respond - meaning almost certainly the property was out-of-state - and the Tran-ee moved for a default. She got back two words: "Motion denied". She then called the judge (!) and asked for an "explanation", and was basically told that judges don't give legal advice. Tran concludes that, since his acolyte "was legally entitled to default", then what happened was "a very corrupt thing . . . . More people need to know about this sort of corruption."

Why don't we start with you, George? Just because the other party doesn't respond does not mean that one is "legally entitled to default". The judge must look at your papers and see if you have made out a prima facie case (in addition to having served the papers properly). Assuming proper service - something which, given the breadth of your legal knowledge, we probably shouldn't assume - Oregon state courts have no power over interests in real property outside Oregon. And, even if the property is in Oregon, your "client" may well seek something which her own proof does not entitle her to receive. Hence no default.

We should charge for this.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Even though courts throw out on their ears the people who try this nonsense - including, of course, Tran himself - he still keeps soliciting the marks. A recent email:
Could you please help me out?

If my book has helped you in any way, would you please tell your friends on Facebook/Twitter/Myspace and any other social network about me?

Here are some suggestions:
"Are you doing a loan modification? Would you be interested in a loan elimination program? Yep. This guy did it in 90 days and wrote a book about it. It's free. www.freeandclearin90.com"
Well, George, how about if we spread the word about how all you know how to do is lose? Would that help?
- David Hume
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

New on George's site:
#7 written by George Tran
about 2 days ago

Casey is one of the people in my coaching program. I don’t know anything about Casey besides that he wrote a blog post about me.

Apparently, there is a “hate club” against Casey and as a result all these people are now coming to this site and cause grief for others.

Sincerely
George

Holly Oaks:

Hello Mr. Tran,

What is your association to Casey Serin? Did you know he lost 7 houses to foreclosure, all of which he obtained fraudulently?

Thx
~Holly
I don't know if any of you had heard of Casey Serin and if not it's a little difficult to explain the "phenomena." Before the sub-prime mortgage market imploded Casey had taken all the entremanurial wisdom he'd purchased from Robert Kiyosaki and coupled it with the sort of real estate investing techniques he learned at Russ Whitney's expensive seminars and committed enough mortgage fraud to find himself owning seven different houses he could neither pay for, nor sell. But what brought him to prominence was his willingness to blog about the situation.

His "I am facing foreclosure" blog became something of an internet sensation and to the best of my knoledge is responsible for coining the term "irritainment" (combining irritation and entertainment). He attracted (among many other types) several well skilled and well intentioned individuals with the professional skills to help him in his plight, and he systematically alienated each and every one of them by ignoring their advice and instead pursuing one hair brained scheme after another. His exploits cost him his marriage, most every friendship he had and left him seemingly unrepentant even when reduced to blogging from his mother basement.

And now this self same Casey Serin has found work as one of George Tran's foreclosure counselors. How utterly fitting, for both of them.

[On edit: Yea, Casey's gone full on A4v, Winston Shrout, George Tran guru wanabe in the making. His new blog is:
http://iamfightingforeclosure.com/
grixit

Post by grixit »

George Tran has posted that he had 4 wins. That's 4 notices of default judgement signed by a judge. Signed? That just looks like a single loop to me, but it could be a signature. Or not, there's no way to tell because the judge's name isn't shown anywhere. If that's all it takes, anyone can make a default judgement.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper