Important Trivia

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Important Trivia

Post by Gregg »

Ya just have to trust me on this, but the official reason for gold fringe on flags...

Interior Use

The sov'run hoards are gonna have kittens, but it's true.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Important Trivia

Post by The Observer »

So you are saying that paytriots are being prosecuted by the Department of The Interior as opposed to being tried in a admiralty court?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Since BIA is part of Interior, is it a signal that some people are still on the warpath?
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Fringe on a flag indicates that it is intended to be displayed indoors. The Military does not not use fringe on the flags flown outside, but pretty much every government institution does use fringe on flags shown indoors. Strangely enough, there was actually a time when fringed flags were displayed outdoors on some rare occasions. The late 18th century (when the founding fathers were around)

(there was a show on Discovery, a real live flag expert was on)
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Olsenfin

Post by Olsenfin »

Actually, the gold fringed American flag dates only to 1925, the year of the Scopes Trial. The judge named to preside in that trial, John J. Raulston, was a big fan of William Jennings Bryan, who appeared as counsel for the prosecution. Judge Raulston had a local tailor shop append gold fringe to the flag that had appeared in the Dayton, TN courthouse for years and directed that the now-fringed flag appear prominently in that courthouse during Scopes' trial, probably as a silent tribute to Bryan, who wrote and delivered the celebrated "Cross of Gold" speech at his nomination for President at the Democratic Convention of 1896.

The fringed flag appeared in many of the photos, taken at the trial, that appeared in newspapers around the world. Not long afterwards, gold fringed flags began appearing in public celebrations, first in the South and, later, throughout the U.S. It is not clear when gold fringed flags first replaced unfringed flags in some U.S. public buildings (including courthouses). It may be that this was due chiefly to supply and demand (that is, that flag manufacturers, anticipating more demand for fringed flags than for unfringed ones, produced more of the latter).

In the years following Roosevelt's "New Deal", an increasing number of Americans began to notice that, while not all courthouses in the U.S contain fringed flags, those that do are always located in counties whose names do not begin with the letters "X" or "Z" or cities the actual population of which is invariably divisible by a prime number. Moreover, these flags are always either attached to a pole which is always referred to as the "staff" or hung flat, with the blue field of stars on the left side.

Public recognition of these strange but undeniable facts led, in the years following WWII, to widespread suspicion of their implications for American freedoms. Those who openly questioned the purpose and significance of the new flags, and who sometimes publicly protested against them, became the subjects of investigations by the FBI, IRS, ATFE, or other government agencies. In the 1950s, hundreds were called before the House Unamerican Activities Committee and some were jailed (often, on unspecified charges).

In recent years, however, official Federal government reaction has been more restrained, and these protestors are now generally ignored, or dismissed as "fringe elements".
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I still like my Department of the Interior theory. Just waiting to see how long before some sovrun picks it up and starts running with it.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Department of the Interior was created by Thomas Jefferson after the return of Lewis and Clark. They used the new maps to find secure remote areas to disapper people into. Today, the DOI still maintains what are euphemistically called "Frontier Stations" in Yellowstone, the Black Hills, and in parts of Colorado. People get sent to those facilities after secret trials under special "Indian Country" jurisdiction, which is a branch of martial law.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And we are off and running!

silversopp

Post by silversopp »

So what you're saying is that I can get out of a parking ticket if the trial takes place outdoors?

That must be true. I had cousin that served as a juror a few years back. He remarked that the weather was beautiful outside, and suggested that the judge move the trial outside. The Judge just gave him the stink eye. My cousin just assumed that the judge was just lame - but now it all makes sense!

Now you're asking yourself "how do I get the court to take place outside". Most Judges know about this, and will do anything to prevent the trial from taken place in the court house parking lot. The answer is Common Law Advanced Judo Techniques. Available for sale for only $50 (first chapter available for free online at my website dumbasssovrunidiots.com).

David Merrill, famed freedom fighter, endorses this product. He has used the information here to become completely above the law. David knows that they can only get you when you're inside of a building, so he lives his whole life in the great outdoors.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I'll hold trial anywhere. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:I'll hold trial anywhere. 8)
Bathroom at Denny's. You can bang your gavel on the tampon dispenser.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

webhick wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:I'll hold trial anywhere.
But only for a trial period.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:
webhick wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:I'll hold trial anywhere.
But only for a trial period.
:shock:
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote: :shock:
I'll be here all week.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume