David Myrland arrested

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: David Myrland arrested

Post by wserra »

Trial date set: Sept. 12, 2011, Judge Martinez, Western District of Washington. Myrland remains detained.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

They don't make epic warriors like they used to.

Last month Myrland pleaded guilty to making interstate threats. The charge carries a five-year maximum. In a written agreement, the govt agrees to ask for no more than four. Such a deal. Especially since the judge can do whatever he wants. No date for sentence set as of now.

In a somewhat humorous aside, just as he was pleading guilty, two of Myrland's supporters filed statements to the effect that he is a peaceful patriot who would never do something like this (one and two). Wonder what Myrland has been telling people?
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Wow. I just read those two whatever they weres, and that's a lot of stupid for 6 pages. The first one isn't really that bad, aside from the really bad grammar, it's just "I don't think the guy's violent, I think you should let him go", but the second one....
5 pages total, two of them the sovereign jibberish disclaimers at the end, including one that informs the Judge that since he is a Minister (the church is a consultancy), not just a Minister, but by bob a Registered Minister, he's not under any obligation to obey the court, or any court. (I am almost positive that Henry II settled that one a few years back) and the 25 bullet point facts that are opinions most of them wrong.
And really, I am the only one a little creeped out by a church called "J&D Consultants International Ministry" or is it just because I'm an atheist?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Oh wait just a damn minute. Did any of the lawyers read the aforementioned disclaimer? In short, he's saying "I'm a registered Public Minister" then he found a law from 1790 that applies to foreign diplomats. It uses the term "minister' as in Foreign Minister" and actually stipulates foreign registered ministers. This dope read it, well, wrong, all he saw was a type of person who was immune from certain laws and decided to make himself one of those people. So being the illiterate dumbass he is, he thought a Registered Minister was one of them church people. Then he went to an office supply store and had himself a stamp made, some hocus pocus and POOF he ain't gotta pay no mo' taxes!

I used to be concerned that they voted, then I got scared because they breed, but I'm just pissed off that they breathe outside of jail cells or prison farms.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Have we checked if the "J" stands for Judas?
wserra

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote:Did any of the lawyers read the aforementioned disclaimer?
Yep.
This dope read it, well, wrong, all he saw was a type of person who was immune from certain laws and decided to make himself one of those people.
That's what I read. Rev. Dumbass writes this on behalf of Myrland, someone who thought he was immune from the laws, in mitigation of his sentence for acting on that thought.

I take it you don't think Judge Martinez will be moved?
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I find it interesting that the first "long time friend" can't seem to make up his mind if his super best friend's last name is Myrland or Maryland. Obviously knows him real well.

No 2 can't seem to decide if it is Myland or Myrland, comforting that.

With those kind of sterling character reference how could anything go wrong????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:...

I take it you don't think Judge Martinez will be moved?
If anything, moved to possibly point to them as further evidence of Myrland's long-term fascination with absurd legal mythology.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 275263.php
For a man who has pleaded guilty, tax-dodge purveyor David Myrland – a "freedom crusader" to fans – is not exactly repentant.

Facing up to four years in prison when he’s sentenced Friday, Myrland continues to contend that “arrest warrants” he cooked up with members of a radical anti-government group were lawful responses to the city of Kirkland impounding his car.

Federal prosecutors contend Myrland had close ties to several members of the “sovereign citizen” movement who helped him draft the bogus warrants for the arrest of Kirkland’s mayor and a city prosecutor.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Lambkin wrote:http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 275263.php
...Assistant U.S. Attorney Vince Lombardi told the court....
Green Bay Packers gone downhill ever since he took up a career in law?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

Updated:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 275263.php
He was facing up to four years in prison when he was scheduled to be sentenced Friday.

Instead the sentencing was delayed until Dec. 2.
wserra

Post by wserra »

I would say that, whenever the sentence, Myrland is virtually certain to get the four years the govt recommends. I further think there is a real possibility that the Court will go above the govt and max him at five.

Here is Myrland's own sentencing submission. Despite the fact that he pleaded guilty, the dumbass can't seem to stop himself from quibbling over the offense conduct.
The agreement does not say that I would “force” others, “direct” others, “pay” others, or “supervise” others, who I predicted would perform such an arrest, only that I would “cause” others to do so, which is accurate to a degree . . .

Whatever anyone else chose to do (Pierce County group) would be of their own volition and discretion, and the Pierce County representative of that group assured me that IF they made the arrest of JM nobody would get hurt . . .

This is lie about that is now being spread across the Puget Sound region. “David Myrland pled guilty to threatening a public official” but no mention is made of the nature of the threat I admit having made, to simply share information.
Despite the fact that he pleaded guilty, he doesn't believe he committed a crime.
I’m guilty and I take full responsibility for having sent my email message, but it conveys no more than my intent to share evidence of crime with others . . .

For the first and perhaps the only time ever, such filings are kidnapping and injury . . .

the DOJ has recommended that I become extinct for my having dared to share information relating to JM and her crimes against me and my property, such being the ultimate cost of a 48 month sentence
And, of course, everyone is wrong except him.
law doesn’t matter in tax controversies . . .

Near the end of my litigation of statutory claims from my analysis of the Tax Code, completed in 1994, I saw how futile it was to seek redress . . .

I’ve not received one solitary comment in reply or in refutation of the affirmative claims of non-liability, nonapplicability, or misenforcement . . .

I have lived honestly, selflessly, and in service to others who needed my help . . .
Either way there’s no precedent that could have made me aware that my conduct was proscribed before my email to JM was sent. “If this were about the truth they’d dismiss the charges.” . . .

At all times complained of I was the victim of criminal conspiracy and official misconduct . . .

With sixteen years of legal consultation, litigation, and teaching law seminars under my belt, all conducted under strict adherence to worthless principles of American jurisprudence, I conclude with certainty that America is a waste of my time
Well, he has a few more years to waste.

What a maroon.
- David Hume
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

bluster much?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

With sixteen years of legal consultation, litigation, and teaching law seminars under my belt, all conducted under strict adherence to worthless principles of American jurisprudence, I conclude with certainty that America is a waste of my time
Translation: 16 years of selective reading and misinterpretation of the law hasn't helped me.
Could you (the US) start some exchange program for all these people? He thinks America is a waste of time, perhaps you could swap him for an enthusiastic, willing person from a third world country who would be happy to swap citizenship for a chance to make something of themselves in America?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Thought thats what we should have been doing from the get go to keep our population down. Every sov'run and every person who has decided America isnt good enough for them or they just cant abide by our rules gets swapped for another person on the immigration list from another country who already has some sort of diploma or degree or training in some field who can come here and be productive. Hell all the nursing assistants who come here to work in nursing homes and assistant living homes are at least working, productive and providing a needed service for our elderly. What are these jerkoffs providing, besides entertainment?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
littleroundman

Post by littleroundman »

James Vincent wrote:What are these jerkoffs providing, besides entertainment?
Entertainment ??

Geez, you're easily amused.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

littleroundman wrote:
James Vincent wrote:What are these jerkoffs providing, besides entertainment?
Entertainment ??

Geez, you're easily amused.
lol... Considering whats going on in real life? Yeah, sometimes I am.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Translation: 16 years of selective reading and misinterpretation of the law hasn't helped me.
Could you (the US) start some exchange program for all these people? He thinks America is a waste of time, perhaps you could swap him for an enthusiastic, willing person from a third world country who would be happy to swap citizenship for a chance to make something of themselves in America?
If we can swap just half of the tax deniers and sovereignorami, we could probably bring all the call centers back on-shore.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Soverei ... 38318.html
A Kirkland man has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for threatening that city's mayor and other officials.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

United States Attorney Jenny A. Durkan
Western District Of Washington
Kirkland Man Sentenced To 40 Months In Prison For Threatening Public Officials
Associate of “Sovereign Citizen” Movement Claimed he would Forcibly Arrest Mayor

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEDecember 2, 2011
A Kirkland, Washington, man who repeatedly threatened to arrest government officials with “deadly force,” was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Seattle to 40 months in prison, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan. DAVID RUSSELL MYRLAND, 53, will be on federal supervised release for three years following his prison term, and is required to repay the City of Kirkland $1,961 for police overtime costs. MYRLAND is an associate of the so-called “Sovereign Citizens” movement which claims the laws of the United States do not apply to them. At sentencing U.S. District Judge Ricardo S. Martinez told him, “The law applies to everyone…. And the consequences of breaking the law apply to everyone as well.”

“Our cherished right to free speech does not extend to the freedom to make threats against our public officials and law enforcement officers,” said U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan.
“Today the court held Mr. Myrland accountable for his crimes. His crimes had real victims. For too long Kirkland Mayor Joan McBride and other city officials have had to live with the specter of Mr. Myrland’s armed associates invading their homes. I applaud the courage of the mayor and her officers who appeared at the sentencing hearing today and described how this defendant’s selfish campaign of threats and quasi legal filings has altered their lives.”

MYRLAND was arrested on January 25, 2011, following a series of threats he made against government officials. Some of the threats began with a traffic stop of MYRLAND in Kirkland in April 2010. MYRLAND was pulled over for driving without a license plate, and was cited for driving without a license as well. During the course of the stop, MYRLAND repeatedly claimed that he was not subject to Washington State laws regarding driving, and stated that if he was placed under arrest for violating those laws, he would be constitutionally authorized to come to the officer’s residence and “arrest” the officer, including the use of deadly force.

The threats did not end there. MYRLAND took his difficulties to a Sovereign Citizen’s group with members in both Pierce and Skagit County. The group has an armed wing, the so called “County Rangers,” who serve as the Assembly’s “law enforcement” arm. In September 2010, MYRLAND sent emails and placed calls to government officials with the City of Kirkland urging them to “keep their doors unlocked,” because they were going to be arrested and “should not resist.” MYRLAND was initially arrested on state charges, but federal charges were filed after his associates continued to send letters to local officials referencing the use of “deadly force” to apprehend a “fleeing felon” such as Kirkland city leaders.

MYRLAND has remained detained since his January 25, 2011 arrest.

In asking for a four year prison term, prosecutors wrote to the court that MYRLAND “has made repeated threats over the years to “arrest” government officials using “deadly force.” He continues to this day to apparently believe that he was in the right, and everyone else is in the wrong. Despite his guilty plea, he continues to argue that he had a legal right to make the threats he made; that they were not legally threats; and that he was in the right in virtually every respect,” prosecutors wrote in their sentencing memo.

The case was investigated by the FBI, Federal Protective Services, the Internal Revenue Service - Criminal Investigations Division, and the Kirkland Police Department, and is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Vince Lombardi and Jill Otake.
Demo.