ABI Journal -- 3/11 -- "Sovereign Citizens"

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

ABI Journal -- 3/11 -- "Sovereign Citizens"

Post by Prof »

The ABI JOURNAL for March, 2011 (Vol. XXX, No. 2) has an article titled "Sovereign Citizens": Fringe in the Courtroom, by Leslie Masterson, a law clerk for USBJ Rhodes in Plano, Texas. Footnote 2 cites someone named J.J. McNab, "Sovereign Citizen Kane," Intelligence Report, Fall, 2010.

The Masterson article is quite good, short, and yet reasonably thorough. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it here because of copyright protection.
"My Health is Better in November."
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: ABI Journal -- 3/11 -- "Sovereign Citizens"

Post by fortinbras »

Takes some effort but I was able to print it:

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/Ameri ... /69.html#1
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Good job.
"My Health is Better in November."
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Prof wrote: Footnote 2 cites someone named J.J. McNab, "Sovereign Citizen Kane," Intelligence Report, Fall, 2010.
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but the report was very good. Well worth the read, it also mentions that someone we all know is allegedly writing a purported book. Where is that purported Book I have been hearing about for 18 months:( and would love to read?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I know things get confused in the sands of time, but I would swear there was talk of a book when I joined the forum, 7 years ago.....
It's almost like the next Guns and Roses Albulm at this point... :shock:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Book :?:

Perhaps one should consider the possibility of a pony :?:
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

Prof wrote:The ABI JOURNAL for March, 2011 (Vol. XXX, No. 2) has an article titled "Sovereign Citizens": Fringe in the Courtroom, by Leslie Masterson, a law clerk for USBJ Rhodes in Plano, Texas. Footnote 2 cites someone named J.J. McNab, "Sovereign Citizen Kane," Intelligence Report, Fall, 2010.
It's an article in the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) Intelligence Report:

http://splcenter.org/get-informed/intel ... tizen-kane
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

UGA Lawdog wrote:Here's an epic failure from the article:
The truth, however, is more frightening. Jerry Kane and his young son were active participants in the sprawling subculture of "sovereign citizens" in America: hundreds of thousands of far-right extremists who believe that they — not judges, juries, law enforcement or elected officials — get to decide which laws to obey and which to ignore, and who don't think they should have to pay taxes.
People who believe that are not "far-right extremists." They are anarchists.
Back during my freshman year in college, I took a philosophy course; and one of the things that stands out from it was the contention that the political spectrum is a circle, rather than a linear path. With that in mind, it's easy for me to see that the "sovereign citizens" suck as Kane and son are not that far away from far-left extremists who want to "smash the state" if it won't wither away on its own. Both brands of extremists don't want amy sort of ebil gummint telling them what to do.

Different brand of... effluent; same stink.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools