Coffee cups down first.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Redemption Meets Mickey Mouse

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

What a waste of movie animation skills!

I did find it interesting, though, that the movie spouts standard sovrun idiocies while using images from the United Kingdom -- where, to my knowledge, there is only one Sovereign, and then several million Subjects.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Reading the comments this one caught my eye:
No one needs to go to 'Law School' to learn about Law.
Nope, not now that you have the University of Youtube.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

What the sovruns fail to realize is that while you do not need to go the law school to learn law, you do need to well versed in the English language, something they are woefully deficient in.

p.s. Frank Abignail ("Catch Me If You Can") passed the bar exam legitimately without going to law school.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Brandybuck wrote:
What the sovruns fail to realize is that while you do not need to go the law school to learn law, you do need to well versed in the English language, something they are woefully deficient in.
You also need the analytical skills to understand what you are studying. All too often, sovrun idiots seem only interested in conducting a textual exegesis in which all legal texts are given equal weight, no matter whether the text is the holding in a case, one of the dicta in a case, or an entry in an outdated legal dictionary (David Merrill [stage name]/Van Pelt's specialty).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Drjud

Post by Drjud »

I was hoping that this was a joke . . . but it seems that film makers actually believe this.