Brandon Adams - Creditors in Commerce

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Drjud

Brandon Adams - Creditors in Commerce

Post by Drjud »

Have any of you folks heard of the fate of one Brandon Alexander Adams? He apparently runs a coaching and tax service out in California. www.creditorsincommerce.com A family member (an uncle) contacted me last year for advice about him and his organization and I listened to a sampling of the tapes he provided me with. Adams is a big promoter of the so-called OID scheme to discharge debt and has a large following of hopeful idiots. Against my advice, my uncle has pushed forward with the scheme and is seeking some $3 mil. in "refunds" from Treasury. I've advised him several times to C&D but he's holding his ground. I'm petrified that the next time I'll see him I'll be defending against a full blown criminal tax fraud case. Any advice from you guys on convincing these sovereign citizens of the error of their ways.

BTW I've sent him evidence:
http://www.justice.gov/tax/txdv101093.htm

Thanks,

Drjud
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Brandon Adams - Creditors in Commerce

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

You might pass this on:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2010/Marc ... x-267.html
Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Justice Department Sues to Block Alleged $15 Million Dollar Tax Fraud Scheme Operating in Southern California
Family Tax Prep Business in Huntington Beach, Calif., Allegedly Requests Huge Fraudulent Tax Refunds By Claiming Bogus Withholdings

WASHINGTON - The United States has sued a father and two sons, all of Huntington Beach, Calif., seeking to bar them and their business from preparing federal tax returns for others, the Justice Department announced today. According to the government complaint, Alexander Adams and his two sons, Garrett and Brandon Adams, operate Adams Beach Income Tax in Huntington Beach. The suit alleges that the Adamses have attempted to siphon over $15 million in fraudulent refunds from the U.S. Treasury for customers and for themselves.

The complaint says the defendants prepare federal income tax returns claiming massive fraudulent tax refunds based on fabricated income tax withholdings. According to the complaint, Alexander and Garrett Adams requested two fraudulent refunds for $2.5 million a piece – one for Garrett Adams himself, and the other for a customer. Alexander Adams also requested a bogus refund for himself in the amount of $361,147, the suit alleges.

According to the government complaint, Alexander and Garrett Adams falsify Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents, including IRS 1099-OID Forms with fictitious tax withholdings to claim the bogus refunds. Brandon Adams allegedly seeks new business by promoting the tax fraud scheme through live seminars, Web sites, conference calls, CDs and one-on-one instruction. The complaint says the defendants’ scheme is part of a growing trend of filing frivolous federal tax returns and forms to steal from the U.S. Treasury.

Last week, a federal judge in Sacramento found that tax preparer Teresa Marty had been using the same scheme to seek bogus refunds for her customers, and permanently barred her from preparing tax returns for others.

"Taxpayers thinking of participating in the illegal scheme described in this lawsuit should consider that, in addition to risking criminal prosecution, they also risk incurring civil penalties of as much as 20% of the amount of their bogus refund claim," said John A. DiCicco, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Tax Division. "For false claims on the scale described in this case, the 20% penalty could result in scheme customers losing their savings and their homes."

In the past decade, the Justice Department’s Tax Division has obtained more than 455 injunctions against tax fraud promoters and dishonest tax return preparers. Information about these cases is available on the Justice Department’s Web Site.
Here's the complaint:

http://www.justice.gov/tax/AHAdams_Complaint.pdf

Good luck convincing them.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Drjud

Post by Drjud »

Thanks for the info. I understand the attraction of the sovereign citizen movement to those finding themselves in financial hard times. What drives me crazy is the fraudulent fraudsters that are bilking desperate people left and right. I hope Adams gets spanked hard in the courts.
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

Welcome to Quatloos Drjud.

How "deep" is your uncle into these ideas? There isn't all that much about sovereign citizen/ tax denier ideology that appeals to reason. If there was the simple fact that there isn't a single court case which upheld these arguments and there are thousands which refute them would have ended the movement long ago. These ideas are pretty much a "faith based" phenomena at least in so far as facts don't really seem relevant to them. It's kinda hard to reason someone out of something they weren't reasoned into in the first place, but if you can find out why these ideas hold some emotional resonance for your uncle you might be better off approaching him from there.

Good luck, I fear you might need some.
Drjud

Post by Drjud »

He seems pretty deep in. $3 mil. deep in. I'm going to make one last appeal to him. Other than that, I'm not sure that there is much that I can/should do. I've already warned him that he can lose everything he owns, including his freedom to these schemes. I've warned him that the letters he gets from IRS cannot be answered by Accepting for Value (or whatever). I've offered real legal advice, but he's paid a so-called "guru-in-commercial-law" several thousand to coach him "through" his tax problems. Anything I say seems to have no bearing. I'm beginning to feel that I've warned him enough, and he should be left to his own devices. He's got kids though, that's the part that gets me emotionally.

He filed his frivolous returns last tax year so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the black SUVs roll up.

Oh well.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Drjud - you might try directing your uncle to this thread, brought up to date as of this morning, detailing the fate of a couple of OID scammers. If he won't read Q, print a couple of the docs and show him. Still, we've seen our share of folks who are bound and determined to crash and burn. If he is one such, there is little you can do.

Welcome to Quatloos.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Drjud wrote:He seems pretty deep in. $3 mil. deep in. ...

He filed his frivolous returns last tax year so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before the black SUVs roll up.

Oh well.
Actually, when his guru folds up like a mobile home in a tornado, the information found about your uncle will probably trigger in investigation.

And while the IRS does "want the money," participants in these schemes who think that all they'll have to do is pay it back may be facing conspiracy charges, particularly if they have been warned that what their attempting is illegal. :!:

Conspiracy brings with it any number of new and interesting opportunities for incarceration.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Drjud

Post by Drjud »

BTW, I forgot to mention that Mr. Adams and his stable of gurus hold forth opinions and advertise their "services" on the following Google Group. Highly entertaining reading if any are interested: http://groups.google.com/group/creditor ... erce?pli=1
Drjud

Post by Drjud »

A video by one of Brandon Adam's and Gordon Hall's acolytes, Ben Lowrey. Love the part at 2:00 where he says that receiving tons of court orders etc. can become "stressful".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9HnUs8 ... re=related
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

just a little where are they now....

https://shazereverquar.wordpress.com/20 ... sentences/

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

and here is where ya link to from creditors in commerce to buy there always effective tax advice gibberish.

http://www.orderofmerchants.com/store/c ... ducts.html

wow, stupidity is sure getting expensive, in both time and money.

peace,
ninj
erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

bmxninja357 wrote:just a little where are they now....

https://shazereverquar.wordpress.com/20 ... sentences/

peace,
ninj
Reading the 2 comments at the end of the article above, it would seem that the author of the article, Shazer Everquar, actually advocates killing judges and their families.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Yeah. Douches of a feather douche together....

Ninj