Dealing with sovereigns in court "isn't that much different

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

davidthompson

Dealing with sovereigns in court "isn't that much different

Post by davidthompson »

This case could turn out to be interesting in that sovereign kind of way....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... ethru.html
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Dealing with sovereigns in court "isn't that much differ

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The only part that works:
"I basically plan on costing the city and county so much money that it's not economical to pursue this," Shannon said.
Hopefully, the filing of any bogus documents will result in further criminal charges; at least the Judge doesn't appear to be suffering the fool gladly.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Shannon, for example, argues that he's operating under admiralty law, which is supposed to govern interactions between private and international entities. He filed a 35-page, self-prepared document in Spokane County Superior Court shortly after his May 17 arrest that demands a $1.9 billion payment in silver from court and law enforcement officials involved in the search of his Spokane Valley apartment and his subsequent arrest. The document states that failure to respond is considered an acceptance of the contract.
Where have we heard of this type of defense before? That's right: David Merrill!
Shannon said he doesn't expect to be paid. Rather, he expects the document will lead to his charges being dismissed, if they are even filed.
So that was David's real plan. He wasn't expecting lawful money, he just wanted the charged dropped against him. So why is he still kvetching and filing liens in China?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:
Shannon, for example, argues that he's operating under admiralty law, which is supposed to govern interactions between private and international entities. He filed a 35-page, self-prepared document in Spokane County Superior Court shortly after his May 17 arrest that demands a $1.9 billion payment in silver from court and law enforcement officials involved in the search of his Spokane Valley apartment and his subsequent arrest. The document states that failure to respond is considered an acceptance of the contract.
Where have we heard of this type of defense before? That's right: David Merrill!
Shannon said he doesn't expect to be paid. Rather, he expects the document will lead to his charges being dismissed, if they are even filed.
So that was David's real plan. He wasn't expecting lawful money, he just wanted the charged dropped against him. So why is he still kvetching and filing liens in China?
Very simple. If the charges are dropped, then he goes back to being an insignificant little p*ssant with barely two nickels to rub together. By pushing his "lawful money" idiocy as well as the rest of his hooey, he can indulge his fantasy about being a Warrior Leader against the Forces of Financial Darkness. He can talk real lawyer-talk and cite entries in old legal dictionaries, as well are real court decisions, and can then strut around as if he is a True Scholar of the Law instead of a dilettante (I put that word into amuse you, David, since you're so easily amused) who knows all the answers but gets all of them wrong.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The Observer wrote:
....The document states that failure to respond is considered an acceptance of the contract.
Actually the "if you don't reply within 30 days, I win" bit I remember as being part of George Tran's tactics. I didn't realise that David Merrill Van Pelt started it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Actually the "if you don't reply within 30 days, I win" bit I remember as being part of George Tran's tactics. I didn't realise that David Merrill Van Pelt started it.
I wasn't saying that David originated the 30 day bit. I was merely referring to his tactic of trying to say that the government owes him excessive monies in relating to him being tried/jailed under his tortured interpretation of what the law says.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff