Apostolou & Home - Sovereigns in Giordano's Pizza Bankruptcy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Apostolou & Home - Sovereigns in Giordano's Pizza Bankru

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:Why would I want to go to Chicago for #4 when I can do that right here in Boston?
Okay, I get it, you are one of those sovereign pizza citizens that believe in those whacky theories about Chicago or New York pizzerias creating strawman pizzas....
So THAT accounts for the taste! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

For pizza, all you need to know...

http://www.tommyspizzainc.com/
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CaptainKickback wrote:Out here on the left coast, I am thankfully devoid of such city or regional pizza biases.

Sometimes you just want a slice of thin crust, other times you feel a need for thick crust, and sometimes you can really go for some deep dish action. For me, it is all good and depends in part on one's mood. Besides, sometimes you need a whole wheat thin crust with a white sauce, shrimp and spinach, dudes and dudettes.

And then sometimes you just have to go the full calzone.
I hereby fine you 1,000 Q for heresy. Pay Webhick on your way out,
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Less than ten minutes (each way) from Addison airport (the folks at MillionAir will give you directions or you can have it delivered): Carmines.

http://carminespizza.net/

The name should explain it all.

Your plane will never smell the same! :P
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Red Cedar PM wrote:If you want real Chicago pizza, Geno's East or D'Agostino's is better anyway.
Not to divert the thread too far, but why would anyone want a "Chicago" pizza?
With the North End of Boston nearby, I sure wouldn't.
Bah, the North End is overpriced. You can find high quality pizza shops in any Boston neighborhood, i.e. Broadway Pizza in Southie. But if you want really pizza snobbery, you need to go down to Providence, no cheese, served cold, those folks are crazy.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burzmali wrote: Not to divert the thread too far, but why would anyone want a "Chicago" pizza?
With the North End of Boston nearby, I sure wouldn't.[/quote]
Bah, the North End is overpriced. You can find high quality pizza shops in any Boston neighborhood, i.e. Broadway Pizza in Southie. But if you want really pizza snobbery, you need to go down to Providence, no cheese, served cold, those folks are crazy.[/quote]

We have excellent indy pizza places in Dorchester as well; but for sheer quality, the North End (or Santarpio's in East Boston) are tough to beat. I had an old flame come to visit my wife and I in Boston, a few years back, along with her mother and son. They live in Austin, Texas; and good pizza is impossible to come by down there, apparently. I took them to Santarpio's; and Sara was huffing the pizza before she ate it because it smelled so damn good.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Ever since I got the pizza stone for my oven and skim to take it out with, the best pizza is the one I make for us when it's movie night. My dad sometimes shares his elk sausage with me, and don't knock Injun pizza! Fresh herbs out of the garden help too.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

My son can make a pretty good pizza; and then he can serve some of his homebrew alongside it.... :D :D :D
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

As far as Austin pizza goes, I recommend Austin Pizza Garden on W 290 in Oak Hill in the old stone building just past the end of the freeway. It is thin crust and they have so many toppings, you might not have thought of some of them on a pizza before. The price is very reasonable - around $20 for a 16 inch pie with 4-6 toppings. You can order a set of toppings by name like Colossus (their version of Supreme) or make you own combo for a little bit more.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

For great DC pizza, I recommend...

Um...

Never mind.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

We make our own. We start wih focaccia bread, which gets a lot of flavor from a long slow rising and bakes into a thick slab full of air pockets. Also, we put olive oil in the dough. For sauce we go very simple: red wine, diced tomatoes, thyme, oregano and basil, and of course more olive oil. With that as a foundation, even a simple pizza with homemade meatballs and monterey jack cheese is amazing.

Focaccia can also be the starch in a regular meal. Just dump your roast meat and veggies or your skillet mixture onto the slab and use it as a trencher.

And day old focaccia can be sliced horizontally for sandwiches.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Marshall Home sticks his nose in where it's not wanted: Judge presides over 'sideshow' of Giordano's bankruptcy hearing
Separately, John and Eva Apostolou made a three-page court filing in which they claim that Giordano's is now being poorly run, and that a former executive, who is also a franchisee, is plotting with a dozen other franchisees to weaken the chain so they can buy it cheaply. Apostolou said the individual owes royalties and fees of more than $2 million. Apostolou also said the franchisee, who has eight locations, isn't buying from the approved supplier, resulting in inconsistent food.
In the interests of resolving the foregoing discussion of pizza excellence, while also celebrating the imminent downfall of idjut sovruns Apostolou and Home, I suggest convening at a Giordano's franchise location to compare their "inconsistent food" to everyone else's worthy offerings.

If nothing else, that will show support for the rational forces opposing sovrun lunacy.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:For great DC pizza, I recommend going to Baltimore.

Um...

Never mind.
Fixed it for you
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Marshall Home was arrested!

http://www.kvoa.com/news/former-mayoral ... cy-claims/

Excerpt:
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 3:37 PM

TUCSON - A former mayoral candidate and self-proclaimed "sovereign citizen" has been arrested for false claims in bankruptcy stemming from a website he operated claiming he could make the foreclosure process stop.

According to a release from Dennis Burke, U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona, Marshall E. Home, 81, is facing a criminal complaint charging him with two counts of false claims in bankruptcy.
Demo.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

And at age 81, can epect a 'life sentence' if he is a)indited and b)convicted while he is still alive! I told my parents that once they had both reached age 80, they probably COULD cease fileing/complying and not face any penalty.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Given the tip-of-the-iceberg approach by the prosecutor, maybe they'll convince the fool to sit down and shut up before adding any more years to his impending incarceration.

Then again - maybe not.

Chaos in recorder's offices might be worth martyrdom.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Question: Should we sttart a new post: Once you're 80 years old F**K it. Don't file, don't comply, don't cooperate.

New Mexico has a provision that once a tax filer is 100 years old, althogh they must still file, 100% of their income is exempt from state tax.

Given the speed of the IRS and the DOJ, I suspect that any tax denier, no matter how blatent their position,who is 80 years old or older when they begin their tax-defiance, will NEVER face criminal charges.

Should this be the next AARP ad? "Over age 80? Don't file your taxes! Keep the money you earned for yourself?"
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

LaVidaRoja wrote:Once you're 80 years old F**K it. Don't file, don't comply, don't cooperate.
Unfortunately for John Apostolou, he's only 65.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The full press release from the DOJ:
Marshall E. Home, 81, of Tucson, was arrested today in Tucson as a result of a criminal complaint charging him with two counts of false claims in bankruptcy.

According to the criminal complaint, Home operated the “Individual Rights Party; Mortgage Rescue Service.” Home would charge individuals in foreclosure proceedings $500 purportedly to make the foreclosure process stop. His web site advised that the property of individuals who used his service would become part of his “larger overall bankruptcy liquidation.”

According to the complaint, Home is a self-proclaimed “sovereign citizen” whose anti-government beliefs assert that Congress does not have the authority under the U.S. Constitution to make laws, rules or regulations binding on anyone outside the District of Columbia and federal territories.

The criminal complaint further alleges that on March 16, 2011, Home filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Tucson an Involuntary Petition in Bankruptcy which sought to place the United States into bankruptcy. According to the criminal complaint, Home falsely told the Bankruptcy Court that he had a financial claim of over $3 billion against the United States. Subsequently, Home filed or caused to be filed 173 false claims against the United States in the Bankruptcy Court relating to individuals participating in the “Mortgage Rescue Service.” Many of these false bankruptcy claims involve loans guaranteed by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. The criminal complaint alleges that these claims totaled over $2.5 trillion dollars. The specific charges in the two counts of the criminal complaint involve claims of $2.5 billion and $50 million.

“The anti-government paranoia of so-called ‘sovereign citizens’ becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when they use their false claims and fraudulent practices to rip-off others,” said U.S. Attorney Dennis K. Burke. “We will continue to work with our law enforcement partners to pursue and prosecute those who make false claims against the government to cover for their wrongdoing.”

“We are a nation of laws, and the defendant’s alleged conduct undermines the laws of the United States Bankruptcy Courts, and the integrity of the system as a whole,” stated Steven R. Hooper, FBI Acting Special Agent in Charge, Phoenix Division. “The FBI and our federal partners will continue to investigate individuals or groups who commit fraud against the government.”

Inspector General Steve Linick said that, “the Federal Housing Finance Agency Office of Inspector General was created, in part, to investigate fraud against Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, which are currently under conservatorship of the U.S. Government. The taxpayers have invested over $163 billion in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to date.” Inspector General Linick praised the U.S. Attorney’s Office and Federal Bureau of Investigation for their cooperative efforts in protecting the assets of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the interests of the American taxpayers.

A conviction for making false claims in bankruptcy carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine or both. In determining an actual sentence, the assigned judge will consult the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, which provide appropriate sentencing ranges. The judge, however, is not bound by those guidelines in determining a sentence.

A criminal complaint is simply the method by which a person is charged with criminal activity and raises no inference of guilt. An individual is presumed innocent until competent evidence is presented to a jury that establishes guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The investigation in this case is being conducted by the FBI and the Federal Housing Finance Agency Office of Inspector General. The prosecution is being handled by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Tucson.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wow, 81, and bedbug crazy. $2.5 TRILLION, I guess if you're crazy it pays to go with really big numbers.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.