Sovrun Marshall E. Home busted

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Sovrun Marshall E. Home busted

Post by Unidyne »

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... lace_t.php
Marshall E. Home, a self-styled 'sovereign citizen' in Arizona and former Tucson mayoral candidate, has been arrested on two federal charges of making false claims related to a "business" he ran that purported to save homes from foreclosure.

The complaint alleges that Home also tried to place the U.S. in bankruptcy in March, and falsely claimed he had a claim of $3 billion against the federal government.
To quote a press release from the US Attorney:
Home filed or caused to be filed 173 false claims against the United States in the Bankruptcy Court relating to individuals participating in the "Mortgage Rescue Service." Many of these false bankruptcy claims involve loans guaranteed by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. The criminal complaint alleges that these claims totaled over $2.5 trillion dollars. The specific charges in the two counts of the criminal complaint involve claims of $2.5 billion and $50 million.
Further in the article:
This is not Home's first brush with the courts. He had been campaigning for mayor of Tucson -- first as an independent, then as a Democrat -- but dropped out in June after a court case challenging his residency. In that particular case he argued: "I reside within my body. That is my definition of residency."
:lol:

He faces 5 years in the slammer, $250,000 fine, or both.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Sovrun Marshall E. Home busted

Post by Kestrel »

See this thread for more.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

A Democrat sovrun? That's about as rare as two grand slams in the same ballgame.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

silversopp wrote:A Democrat sovrun? That's about as rare as two grand slams in the same ballgame.
Well, keep in mind that 1) the Democratic Party is a "pretty big tent", and 2) people like Lyndon LaRouche have called themselves Democrats in the past (although almost no one in the party accepted them as such).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

silversopp wrote: That's about as rare as two grand slams in the same ballgame.
It is with pride that I state that in the last 30 years, 2 out of the 6 players who have hit two grand slams in one ballgame were Red Sox players.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

As one who actually spoke with Marshall Home a few times a cab assure you that there was nothing in his positions that suggested the Democratic Party. So i was rather surprised to read that. I can only surmise that it was an opportunistic filing. Actually his positions were like those most sovereigns, superficially libertarian.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Dezcad wrote: It is with pride that I state that in the last 30 years, 2 out of the 6 players who have hit two grand slams in one ballgame were Red Sox players.
Was one of the others Johnny Bench by chance, against the Phillies? He used to totally own Steve Carleton, I am pretty sure he hit 3 dingers in a game against him at least twice.
I can only surmise that it was an opportunistic filing.
I'm thinking maybe no one in the Democratic Primary is ppart of that story....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three