Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Sovereign techniques used in sexual assault case

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Sovereign techniques used in sexual assault case

Post by fortinbras »

It turns out that the link was to the last page of the story, with the Sovrun stuff on the previous page (the middle of the story):

http://www.registercitizen.com/articles ... =fullstory
After attesting to McGowan’s character, though, Salonia’s testimony quickly veered into the political arena. Salonia and McGowan both belong to the Republic of the United States of America, as do the three character witnesses following Salonia. Shannon asked about Salonia’s membership during cross-examination — one of the references Salonia cited for McGowan’s character was a trip the two took to the Republic of the United States of America’s Continental Congress in Utah — touching off a prolonged discussion of the group’s beliefs.

Salonia asserted the Republic’s belief that the Constitution was replaced by former President Abraham Lincoln in 1861, transforming the country into a “corporation.” Salonia and McGowan are both “senators” in the “Connecticut Republic,” one of 50 groups claiming to be part of the Republic of the United States of America. Considering the state of the Constitution, Salonia stated, the Connecticut judicial system has no jurisdiction in the case, because according to “the original Constitution,” McGowan’s accuser must bring the charges against McGowan, not the state of Connecticut.

“The state is accusing me of sexually assaulting the state?” asked McGowan of Salonia, who responded in the affirmative.

McGowan continued by asking Salonia if the case was consequently unconstitutional, since all of the paperwork for the case read “the state of Connecticut vs. John McGowan.” Salonia concurred.

“They’re not the injured party,” Salonia said, “so they have no jurisdiction.”

Ginocchio promptly shut down McGowan’s redirect questions about the Republic’s beliefs, but fellow sovereign citizens testified to McGowan’s character. Some of McGowan’s fellow Connecticut Republic members, including character witness Deborah Jones, make money by selling health products online and through multi-level marketing companies.

“You guys make money together by selling health products online?” Shannon asked Sheri Snow, another witness. Snow responded that “I’m not a part of that.”
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

John McGowan, a former Danbury mayoral candidate and current Bethel public access television host, was found guilty of first-degree sexual assault by a jury of six in Litchfield Superior Court Wednesday.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Dezcad wrote:
John McGowan, a former Danbury mayoral candidate and current Bethel public access television host, was found guilty of first-degree sexual assault by a jury of six in Litchfield Superior Court Wednesday.
There wasnt a Denny's available?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Some of McGowan’s fellow Connecticut Republic members, including character witness Deborah Jones, make money by selling health products online and through multi-level marketing companies.
What is it about sovruns, tax nuts, and health care products?

Sherry Jackson sold health care products, and Ward Dean held himself out as an authority on anti-aging treatments, to name just two.

I think it's part of the "they don't want you to know the truth" mentality, which can be applied to both tax laws and the benefits of apricot pit extract.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:I think it's part of the "they don't want you to know the truth" mentality, which can be applied to both tax laws and the benefits of apricot pit extract.
Which is really part of the "I resent authority over me" mentality.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:
LPC wrote:I think it's part of the "they don't want you to know the truth" mentality, which can be applied to both tax laws and the benefits of apricot pit extract.
I think that a better way to put it is "I doan' WANNA do that, an' you can't MAKE me!", delivered in the petulant tones of a seven-year-old child....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
The Observer wrote:
I think that a better way to put it is "I doan' WANNA do that, an' you can't MAKE me!", delivered in the petulant tones of a seven-year-old child....
7 year old? Any of my kids that tried that after age 3 would have gotten slapped and then a boot in their kester to get them moving faster.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

JamesVincent wrote: I think that a better way to put it is "I doan' WANNA do that, an' you can't MAKE me!", delivered in the petulant tones of a seven-year-old child....
7 year old? Any of my kids that tried that after age 3 would have gotten slapped and then a boot in their kester to get them moving faster.[/quote]

That's precisely what I want to do with some of the so-called adults who are constantly whining about the big, bad, ebil gummint forcing them to do something that they just don't feel like doing.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Sadly, there's nothing in the penal codes that allows for simply bitch-slapping a felon.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

I always thought that the court systems would be 1000% more effective if there were more immediate and more suitable punishments, one of which the judge simply tells the defendant," Ok Mr. Scumbag Jr, you have been convicted of swallowing Lap juice out of a can rather then a bottle so you are hearby sentenced to have the shit kicked out of you by Bubbha here in the back alley of the courthouse. Have fun and have a nice day."

I think if we started doing more things of that nature, some of the petty stuff may actually slow down.

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

CaptainKickback wrote:
JamesVincent wrote:I always thought that the court systems would be 1000% more effective if there were more immediate and more suitable punishments, one of which the judge simply tells the defendant," Ok Mr. Scumbag Jr, you have been convicted of swallowing Lap juice out of a can rather then a bottle so you are hearby sentenced to have the sh*t kicked out of you by Bubbha here in the back alley of the courthouse. Have fun and have a nice day."

I think if we started doing more things of that nature, some of the petty stuff may actually slow down.
It's why me, 'n' Snoop, 'n' a few other keep our pimp hands strong. :shock:

I say let some of these fools get slapped hard (more than once if needed) by either Mark Henry or Paul Wight. :twisted:
I think Mark Callus would do a better job.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4