Defendants demand court prove jurisdiction in felony case

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

BY JEREMY THOMAS

Two men accused of filing false claims against a Santa Barbara County Superior Court judge were back in court on Aug. 4 in Santa Barbara for their arraignment on felony charges in the matter.

San Luis Obispo marketing executive Jeff Lind and co-defendant Tom Murphy of Los Osos sat before Judge Jean Dandona to respond to charges of attempting to procure a false instrument for record, conspiracy to commit a crime, and attempted filing of a false document related to a single-family residence.

The charges stem from Lind and Murphy’s filing of a “National Standards Damage Claim Packet” alleging more than $77 million in damages against Judge Kay Kuns, the original presiding judge in Lind’s misdemeanor case. In that case, Lind stands accused of threatening a witness, a result of a December run-in with Guadalupe police officer Robert Ortega in a Santa Maria court. Ortega was the arresting officer in the DUI arrest of one of Lind’s relatives.

Both Lind and Murphy contend the county must answer their countersuit and prove it has the jurisdiction to try their cases, as they claim there are no injured parties or damaged property. The court system doesn’t see the claims as legitimate.
http://www.newtimesslo.com/news/6462/de ... lony-case/
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Defendants demand court prove jurisdiction in felony cas

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

It's fascinating the way that idiots like these act like they are reincarnations of Clarence Darrow when it comes to interpreting the law; but among other things they seem unable to understand the SOLE definition of treason as set forth in the United States Constitution.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I did some more research. Tom Murphy is a self described inventor who has for several years been touting his amazing new water treatment process, which is so good it can get you off the municipal sewer system. Naturally, all the water and sewage officials have created a massive conspiracy to stop him from offering this wonderful technology to the people. And no, it is not "untested", he tested it himself and it works. So there! He's lost a partner and a major investor over the years and has turned to lawsuits to fight the conspiracy. He makes some big claims, and apparently has some true belivers but i've yet to find a picture of him drinking from the output end of his device.

Jeff Lind has been "studying how the law really works" and serves up the usual sovereign gumbo, especially admiralty.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

grixit wrote:
Both Lind and Murphy contend the county must answer their countersuit and prove it has the jurisdiction to try their cases, as they claim there are no injured parties or damaged property.
See "Stevens, Marc". Now, who thinks this will work?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

See also fantasy, unrealistic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Time to make popcorn.
http://www.independent.com/news/2014/oc ... terrorism/
Democracy may not be on trial, but Tom Murphy and Jeff Lind are. The two have ties to the anti-government “sovereign citizen” movement and are accused of conspiring to file a false lien against the Solvang home of a Santa Barbara County judge in a lengthy and bizarre series of legal challenges and political protests that dates back to 2010. They each face felony counts and maximum sentences of three years and eight months in prison, and their trial is scheduled to start this week.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Just another couple of sovrun geniuses who managed to parlay a misdemeanor in to a felony conviction, and they now want to double down on the stupid. Victory!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

notorial dissent wrote:Just another couple of sovrun geniuses who managed to parlay a misdemeanor in to a felony conviction, and they now want to double down on the stupid. Victory!!!!!
And apparently it wasn't even their misdemeanor. :haha: :haha:
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

And, predictably...
http://www.independent.com/news/2014/no ... terrorism/
Tom Murphy and Jeff Lind were found guilty of multiple felonies, including one count of perjury, and face a maximum of three years and eight months in prison. Without prior records, they are eligible for probation. Murphy, a Missouri resident, has an outstanding warrant in Arizona for impersonating a judge and was ordered into custody out of worry he would not return to Santa Barbara for his sentencing on December 11.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I am asking here because I don't know of an appropriate thread. Maybe someone knows:

When SovCits (such as the Montana Freemen, the Republic of Texas, the Redemptionists, and others) enter prison and start spouting their extremely futile legal instructions to other prisoners - how do the other prisoners react? How do they react at first and how do they react if they try to follow the instructions with disasterious results?

There's a TV show called Gangland, about prison gangs like the Aryan Brotherhood and Dead Men Incorporated, that have appaling influence in prisons -- but I would think the SovCits are on the other end of the spectrum - completely ineffectual in prison.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:I am asking here because I don't know of an appropriate thread. Maybe someone knows:

When SovCits (such as the Montana Freemen, the Republic of Texas, the Redemptionists, and others) enter prison and start spouting their extremely futile legal instructions to other prisoners - how do the other prisoners react? How do they react at first and how do they react if they try to follow the instructions with disasterious results?

There's a TV show called Gangland, about prison gangs like the Aryan Brotherhood and Dead Men Incorporated, that have appaling influence in prisons -- but I would think the SovCits are on the other end of the spectrum - completely ineffectual in prison.
I would think that, initially, they would be well received. I mean, people who are habitual or career criminals don't strike me as being all too bright, especially if you keep getting caught. I would think, however, after a few times of getting longer sentences or losing privileges due to the normal sov'run BS machine that they might start getting a little antsy and display some displeasure.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Fmotlgroupie
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

My ill-informed guess would be that the ideas would get a decent reception, especially among people with the right mindset to be vulnerable to such things (sticking it to the man and hope for immediate release are both pretty attractive ideas in a prison, I'd think). If I recall correctly, in-prison spreading of ideas was a significant part of the Moorish sov-cit growth.

As to how Sovruns themselves fare, I'd guess less well. Having such a bad attitude that you can't play well with others works out much worse in prison than sitting in a Denny's courtroom.
JennyD
Captain
Captain

Post by JennyD »

Where's our resident Jurisdiction expert PatriotDistrust?

I would have assumed by now that he would have been here pontificating..

Interesting...
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

JennyD wrote:Where's our resident Jurisdiction expert PatriotDistrust?

I would have assumed by now that he would have been here pontificating..

Interesting...
He probably got tired of not having us constitute his personal Hallelujah Chorus, and not answering his many um... "diverse" questions to his satisfaction.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools