Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: john joe grey: longest-running law enforcement standoff in American history

Post by bmxninja357 »

The win hardly seems worth the effort.

Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The other victim, albeit indirectly, was the ex-husband who had a lawful court order for custody of his kids that Gray's daughter was refusing to surrender. I think one might also argue that the children were also victims in that they lost the opportunity to have a relationship with their father.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

bmxninja357 wrote:The win hardly seems worth the effort.

Ninj

Yeah 15 years of self imposed house arrest.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

so the message that is sent is even if you have concealed weapons without permit, kingdom of heaven plates, flee from police after fighting with them, send a threatening letter, disobey a custody order, fail to pay taxes, etc. so long as your willing and have the firepower to follow through on your threats they will eventually drop the case.

seems like a dangerous precedent to set. even here in canada with the exception of first nations protests this would not have lasted that long. in fact i dont think it would last much beyond 15 days. in many cases not past 15 hours.

and i thought texas was a law and order state.

seems like canadas freemen are no significant threat next to these gun toting sovcits.

peace,
ninj
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

bmxninja357 wrote:i have no idea how he does not appear on the board.
He's come up several times

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7680
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Odd. I searched it and got nothing.

Ninj
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: John Joe Gray: Militia Nut

Post by The Observer »

Topics merged.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

bmxninja357 wrote: ...
seems like a dangerous precedent to set. ...
and i thought texas was a law and order state. ...
ninj
It's not really a precedent. Texas is geographically large enough and socioeconomically diverse enough that there are any number of locales where law enforcement has very limited presence. Other situations can involve multi-generation familial relationships between authorities and fringe-element/petty criminals. Also, an extraordinary amount of attention and resources are focused on border activity, gangs and the drug-trafficking corridors; the wingnuts aren't among the most-wanted or most-dangerous crowd by a long shot.

And don't get me started on the judiciary. :roll: :mouthshut:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Where I am in alberta canada it is also socioeconomically diverse with lots of open relatively unpoliced area. It didn't take long for the peaceful and under armed grand Prarie folks to get run off.

Guess they didn't want another ruby ridge or waco in texas.

It's just hard for me to accept that with all the agencies in the states none suited up and made an arrest. It defies my logic that he won.
His sovcit fight to the death plan worked.

Hard to accept in a modern world.
Ninj
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

bmxninja357 wrote:Guess they didn't want another ruby ridge or waco in texas.

It's just hard for me to accept that with all the agencies in the states none suited up and made an arrest. It defies my logic that he won.
Ninj
You provided the answers as to why the law has not taken Gray in and they are the same for the current occupation in Oregon. Waco and Ruby Ridge. When you overreach and make a mistake, it haunts you for a long time and cripples you

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

bmxninja357 wrote:Where I am in alberta canada it is also socioeconomically diverse with lots of open relatively unpoliced area. It didn't take long for the peaceful and under armed grand Prarie folks to get run off.
Guess they didn't want another ruby ridge or waco in texas.
Two simple words: situational inertia... :shrug:
A lot of words... :thinking:
Thinking about that various organizations spent a lot of time training me in this crap. Grande Prairie was simple. It was Crown Land, although managed by the Province of Alberta. There were only two responsible enforcement agencies - the RCMP, who in Alberta have the responsibility of enforcing both federal criminal code offences and provincial statutes, and the Provincial CO's who have a basic policy that anything that demands more than a stern conversation should be passed to the police. There were no questions about whether this was a criminal matter or a civil matter in which the injured party would have to sue through Queen's Bench. The parties in question had no ties to the local community and there was no interference by crusading politicians or protest groups. Final point, Canada has some pretty severe laws, although rarely invoked, to deal with this sort of situation.
Useful (although might be off topic) area to research and study: - the Province of Quebec has read the "Riot Act" to handle civil disturbances and problems in penitentiaries, and has also used the power of the Lieutenant Governor to call out the military more than any other province in Canada. It's a leadership and control issue, solved by some pretty tough beuracrats and politicians, rather than an evil plot by French speaking Easterners (spits in disgust). :shock: