Sovereign citizen arrested for kidnapping, raping daughter

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Sovereign citizen arrested for kidnapping, raping daught

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... 1a747.html
It took a jury less than an hour Thursday afternoon to convict Martin Jonassen of kidnapping and obstruction of justice in a case involving his 21-year-old daughter.

Jonassen, a Kansas man in his late 50s and a self-described Sovereign Citizen (part of an anti-government group the FBI has identified as a domestic terrorism threat), represented himself in the trial.

The government accused Jonassen of taking his daughter from Missouri to his property in Michigan, where he sexually abused her prior to the kidnapping.
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I keep reading that link as "nitwit times," which seems appropriate for this dirt-bag.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I was going back over the docket in this Jonassen case and I found the transcript of this idiot's arraignment hearing back in October 2011. The following excerpt provides a fairly representive example of what the proceeding was like:
THE COURT: Are you Martin J. Jonassen?

THE DEFENDANT: Not corporate.

THE COURT: I'll take notice of the fact that he's the same person who has appeared in other hearings in this case number.

What's your date of birth?

THE DEFENDANT: [date redacted], natural person, common law only, vast difference.

THE COURT: Are you a U.S. citizen?

THE DEFENDANT: No.

THE COURT: Where is your citizenship?

THE DEFENDANT: I'm a man of the land, born on the land, natural person before the 14th Amendment citizenship was granted to the slaves when they were released free and then they became -- through the 14th Amendment, became U.S. citizens. And I'm, before the 14th amendment, a man of the land.

THE COURT: Have you put any alcohol or legal drugs or illegal drugs into your body yesterday or today?

THE DEFENDANT: It may sound like it, but no.
:Axe:

---from page 4, Transcript of Arraignment/Detention Hearing Before the Honorable Paul R. Cherry Magistrate Judge, October 26, 2011, docket entry 43, filed Dec. 1, 2011, United States v. Martin J. Jonassen, case no. 2:11-cr-00163-JTM-PRC, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana (Hammond Div.).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

CaptainKickback wrote:He was found guilty? Take him out back, single tap to the skull with a suppressed .22. Next.

Too humane for my taste. I was thinking more along the lines of a Jacques de Molay BBQ.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

THE DEFENDANT: I'm a man of the land, born on the land, natural person before the 14th Amendment citizenship was granted to the slaves...
He was born before 1868? Someone needs to notify the Guinness Book of Records.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Kestrel wrote:
THE DEFENDANT: I'm a man of the land, born on the land, natural person before the 14th Amendment citizenship was granted to the slaves...
He was born before 1868? Someone needs to notify the Guinness Book of Records.
If I recall correctly, this brand of sovrun claims that he is Something Special because, being white, HIS citizenship derives from the Preamble to the Constitution, not from the 14th Amendment; and that this orogin of his citizenship is not affected by the plain words of the Amendment. Or, to put it more simply, he is a little p*ssant who wants to be Somebody Very Important, and something like this is his only hope.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:He was found guilty? Take him out back, single tap to the skull with a suppressed .22. Next.
That seems rather effete for this scumbag. One shot with a .44 Magnum to the back of the head.
Even that is too effete. Put him in a prison cell for the rest of his life... with a bunch of burly, foul-tempered, well-muscled, and aggressive cell mates. If any of the cell mates have had members of their family suffer because of people like him, so much the better.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

For the uninitiated, de Molay was not "burned at the stake" which was pretty gruesome in itself, he was slow roasted on a spit over burning embers, they took all damn day to kill him. Twelve hours into this little party, Jack cursed both King Phillip and the Pope, saying both would be dead within a year (we have a winner! they both died within the year) and that their descendents wouldn't do so well either.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

And the appeal...
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/port ... dcc70.html
Jonassen claims his legal work was stolen, he was deprived his rights under the law and the verdict was "not framed according to statute."

"The trial irrebuttaly proven to be unfair, unlawful, illegal and corruption throughout," he wrote.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, imagine that!!!! As Jonassen certainly did.

Somehow I don't think the Appeals Court is going to imagine it, or countenance it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Lambkin wrote:And the appeal...
Jonassen claims his legal work was stolen, he was deprived his rights under the law and the verdict was "not framed according to statute."

"The trial irrebuttaly proven to be unfair, unlawful, illegal and corruption throughout," he wrote.
Irrebuttaly? :brickwall: Wow. I can't recall ever seeing that term used.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent

Well, I'm sure it is in the ofishul Sovrun Dikshunary, right along with Writ of Mandumbas, and a few other choice ones we've seen over time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:Well, I'm sure it is in the ofishul Sovrun Dikshunary, right along with Writ of Mandumbas, and a few other choice ones we've seen over time.
Well, in Sovrunland, knowing how to spell correctly means that you have been well educated. If you have been well educated, you probably went to some fancy-pants school where boys are turned into girls and vice versa; and since you are so well educated (edjiccated?), you probably think that you're something fancy and part of the elite -- and therefore not to be trusted since you think you're better than everyone else.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Well, it's obvious he is not a real sovrun. A real sovrun would have it spelled it "irrebuttabubbly."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Paul

Post by Paul »

Shouldn't that be "irrebuttaBUBBAly"?
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

I was framed, but not according to statute!
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

Government still not playing by Jonassen's rules
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... l[quote]In his latest appeal, Martin Jonassen claims the government erred in not filing a written response to his earlier motion to dismiss his case within 10 days of the filing.[/quote]
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It appears that Martin Jonassen will eventually be celebrating his 95 birthday inside a federal prison.
Is there anyone (among the other Sovcits, for example) with any sympathy for him??
notorial dissent

Considering his attitude, mouth, and what he was sentenced for, I'm not betting he lasts that long.