Darren Wesley Huff

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

add2cart

Darren Wesley Huff

Post by add2cart »

Darren Wesley Huff is a "loudmouth" gun aficionado with arguably "kooky" political views — and that's just what his defense attorney says about him.

But is he a criminal? That decision will fall to a panel of East Tennessee jurors seated Tuesday in U.S. District Judge Tom Varlan's courtroom.

Huff is standing trial this week on charges he ferried guns and ammunitions across state lines in April 2010 as part of a plan to take over the Monroe County courthouse and, if necessary, the city of Madisonville after a grand jury there refused to indict President Barack Obama for treason.
Read the full article here:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/oct/1 ... eorgia-no/

This will be interesting to follow...
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Darren Wesley Huff

Post by Gregg »

I've got my popcorn vendor on emergency standby.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would say loudmouthed kook is a generous description at the very least. In other words, the defense got nada and is paddling madly for something positive to say in an otherwise sinking canoe. Any bets on how long it takes to finish up the trial or get a verdict. Gregg, your popcorn man may not get there in time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

But you know, with a competent attorney and in the right kind of demographic for a jury pool, I could see him beating this. And I'm not sure it would upset me. He had a permit to carry the gun apparently, and as much as I don't condone it, talking crazy is borderline free speech. I dunno, I might get interested in this.

eta:

Of course, the defendant will have to be bound, gagged and ductaped to a chair during the trial, because opne time of going full Pacino crazy in court would sink him.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:It will end with the defendant leaving in a huff. :roll:
To steal an old Groucho Marx line, he can wait a minute, and then leave in a minute and a Huff.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
add2cart

Post by add2cart »

And, when all else fails, cry like a baby:

A former Georgia militia member testified Friday at his trial in a bizarre attempted courthouse takeover case, fighting back tears and saying "my government has called me a potential domestic terrorist."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/C ... z1bXXdXI2h
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/C ... 227531.php
add2cart

Post by add2cart »

notorial dissent

A former Georgia militia member testified Friday at his trial in a bizarre attempted courthouse takeover case, fighting back tears and saying "my government has called me a potential domestic terrorist."
Well, gee, I can't imagine why, unless maybe it was the "gun on his hip and an AK-47 rifle in his toolbox", or the fact that he shot, pun intended, his mouth off all over town about what he was going to do. Just because he is a "loudmouth(ed) kook", his lawyers own words, doesn't mean he isn't a dangerous loudmouthed kook, and they are often the ones who do all sorts of unpleasant things, "they didn't really mean". I don't think he is a terrorist in the classic sense, but I do think he is a public danger. One way or another, I suspect/hope his days of being a legal carrying threat are permanently over, and his days of roaming free may well be over as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm shocked! So America is no longer a country where it's safe to arm yourself up with assault weapons and scream "I'm gonna go shoot up the courthouse!"?
notorial dissent

Well, color me shocked and surprised, NOT!!!!

I guess his colorful "kooky" character defense didn't work so well for him. Guess that Fed conviction means he won't have that concealed carry permit any more or be carrying anything from now on.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:
I'm shocked! So America is no longer a country where it's safe to arm yourself up with assault weapons and scream "I'm gonna go shoot up the courthouse!"?
He's the latest in a long line of idiots who have overdosed on what I call "Lexington Kool-Aid". Huff undoubtedly saw himself on a new Lexington Green, firearm in hand, banding together with others to resist the Dark Forces of the ebil gummint who threaten to castrate him -- or take away his precious freedoms, which in his mind amounts to the same thing.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

It was the truck all along, if he had a normal truck, he would have been innocent I tell you.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

Can we just say ewwww!!!! and let it go at that.