Alaskan with Schaeffer Cox ties arrested at Canadian border

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

add2cart

Alaskan with Schaeffer Cox ties arrested at Canadian border

Post by add2cart »

Don't think I've seen this one on here yet....

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/a ... ian-border
Investigators haven't said why Mary Ann Morgan, 53, was on her way out of state on Oct. 27. And no one has said why the Kenai woman, who in 2001 became a felon when she was convicted of custodial interference, thought it would be OK to have a firearm in her possession.

Morgan has in the past openly shared her views as a so-called sovereign citizen on an Internet forum used by militia members in Alaska. And her writings show she served as a juror in a common law trial held in service to Schaeffer Cox, a trial in defiance of Alaska's legal system. Thus far, neither prosecutors nor investigators have made mention of Morgan's sovereign citizen status or her connection to Cox.
add2cart

Re: Alaskan with Schaeffer Cox ties arrested at Canadian bor

Post by add2cart »

Juicy details about a "real" Denny's trial:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... itizen.php
“For over 4 hours we all experienced a true court,” Morgan continued. “A court done the way our forefathers envisioned it to be. It was the most beautiful event I have ever witnessed in my life. It is sad that so many of you missed it.”
Really, you can't make this stuff up....
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

“For over 4 hours we all experienced a true court,” Morgan continued. “A court done the way our forefathers envisioned it to be. It was the most beautiful event I have ever witnessed in my life. It is sad that so many of you missed it.”
Were there unicorns? I bet there were unicorns. Yep, definitely unicorns.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

A court done the way our forefathers envisioned it to be.
Our forefathers envisioned that trials were to be held in cheap restaurants that serve undercooked food?
Jurors were allowed to ask questions of the witnesses, and of Schaeffer, and of the Judge.
Well, see! That proves you have a true court when you can put the judge in the witness box. The only thing I have a question about is whether the judge was allowed to take his Grand Slam with him when he got sworn in.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:
A court done the way our forefathers envisioned it to be.
Our forefathers envisioned that trials were to be held in cheap restaurants that serve undercooked food?
Jurors were allowed to ask questions of the witnesses, and of Schaeffer, and of the Judge.
Well, see! That proves you have a true court when you can put the judge in the witness box. The only thing I have a question about is whether the judge was allowed to take his Grand Slam with him when he got sworn in.
I like this part:
We had 17 people who responded by wanting to be jurors.
Were jury meals paid for or something? What a fair way to pick a jury!
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

webhick wrote:I like this part:
We had 17 people who responded by wanting to be jurors.
Were jury meals paid for or something? What a fair way to pick a jury!
I think it says oodles about the mental capacities of the jury panel in that they could be bought off by a Moons Over My Hammy*.

*actual name of a breakast plate at Denny's and my definite contender for Worst Named Dish Ever.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I would almost like to sit in on one of these trials. The acting might be pretty decent; and the script is probably based on long-outdated court procedures and rules that I'd never see in a real court. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Be cool if someone would join one of those juries and in the middle of the proceedings jump up and declare one of the participants is a witch.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

She turned me into a newt!
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

What are "Schaeffer Cox ties"? Are they bow ties or four in hand? Windsor knot? Colorful? Old school?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Alaskan with Schaeffer Cox -- I thought that was eliminated when penicillin was discovered.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Mary Ann Morgan, 53, was driving a truck containing virtually no personal effects but what prosecutors termed a "horde of documents" including detailed information on home-cooked explosives and ricin, an extremely lethal toxin derived from castor beans and weaponized using lye or solvent.
To read more:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111060002
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Such a charming bunch of whackadoos. Ricin, ewwww, not nice at all. I guess the Canadians gave her back since they figured she was our nutcase and they'd really rather not have to deal with her and her crowd.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Best defense ever.
Prosecutors also said Morgan had suspicious materials in her vehicle, including handwritten directions on building a pipe bomb and information about ricin, a poison that recently turned up in an alleged plot by a group of Georgia Sovereign Citizens. Morgan has not been formally accused of any crime besides possessing the handgun.

In his filing, Hackett said Morgan had information about poisonous plants because she is “an avid gardener who has acquired information on poisonous plants so that they would not unwittingly introduce them into her container garden.”
Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Judge to decide on bail Alaska militia officer arrested at border
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Ok, if nothing else it appears it was illegal for her to be in possession of a firearm, as little and cute as the one she had is. Add in the instructions on how to construct a pipe bomb (illegal to have in ones possession), information on ricin (im assuming illegal to possess, correct me if im wrong), anything else seem wrong that their even contemplating bail?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

JamesVincent wrote:Ok, if nothing else it appears it was illegal for her to be in possession of a firearm, as little and cute as the one she had is. Add in the instructions on how to construct a pipe bomb (illegal to have in ones possession), information on ricin (im assuming illegal to possess, correct me if im wrong), anything else seem wrong that their even contemplating bail?
According to the site at http://criminal.lawyers.com/Criminal-La ... legal.html it is not illegal to possess the instructions; but is illegal to pass those along to be used or to assist in a federal crime (though it is not entirely clear from this snippet how broadly that may be applied).
Instructions
In 1994, the US Congress passed a law making it illegal to distribute or pass out information about building bombs. However, the law only applies when the information is passed out to help someone commit a federal crime. So, for example, if you post bomb-making instructions on your website along with encouragements for readers to use the bombs, you've likely broken the law. And, if convicted, you'd face a fine of up to $250,000, up to 20 years in prison, or both.

So, because this federal law applies in rare circumstances, and because we have a First Amendment right to read or write pretty much whatever we want, instructions for making bombs and all sorts of weapons are available online, in many libraries, and in bookstores.

It's not illegal to have these instructions, but it's illegal to make the bombs and many of the other weapons you may find in them. And, of course, having such materials in your house or on your computer can be hard evidence against you if you're ever investigated for bomb-related activities.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I have a copy of The Anarchist's Cookbook. Although it's been out of print for 20+ years, I'm sure anyone who really wants it could find it. In fact, a google shows several sites that purport to have it online - but would you actually open a file you downloaded from such a site?

Parts of it are very funny, especially the section on making nitroglycerin. Hey, if you're determined to die, you might as well die laughing. Still, nitro is both a very powerful explosive - its velocity of detonation compares favorably to modern explosives like RDX and C-4 - and relatively easy to make (assuming you survive the experience). It is therefore attractive to what TAC calls "suicidal anarchists".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

So, can we hand out the instructions, materials needed and equipment to the OWS crowd and call it an experiment in Darwinism?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

http://newsminer.com/bookmark/16354819- ... -at-border
Mary Morgan was not offered bail at court hearing Wednesday morning, but a federal magistrate left open the door to releasing her before trial if she can find a third-party custodian to watch over her.
During the hearing, Morgan took the witness stand briefly to say she would follow court orders. Under cross examination she said she did not need to answer questions from Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Skrocki about whether she believed the federal court had jurisdiction over her.

“I have never expressed my beliefs and I do not need to answer that question,” she said.