Nutball files lein against judge - gets 179 days

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Nutball files lein against judge - gets 179 days

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/ ... -case.html
Sanchez was less than cooperative when he appeared before Circuit Judge Robert Rouse. He refused to acknowledge his identity. He claimed he was a "representative" of Sanchez.

In court documents, Sanchez wrote his name in all capital letters, and referred to the term "UCC-1."
When Rouse asked Sanchez to explain the liens and judgments he filed against Hamrick and the others, Sanchez insisted "they don't have the authority to deal with the private business of Patricio Sanchez."

Judge Rouse found Sanchez committed contempt of court by filing the liens. Rouse gave him 179 days in jail -- significantly less than the one-year maximum allowed.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Nutball files lein against judge - gets 179 days

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I think this is the important part:
Sanchez was immediately summoned back to court to explain why he "willfully filed and recorded the false and fraudulent liens and judgment."
As in: I just found a false lien on me, get in my court and explain yourself; wrong, have 6 months inside.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

I suspect 179 days is the maximum the Judge was allowed to impose for contempt of court.

Had that not been the limit, Patricio Sanchez (as distinct from PATRICIO SANCHEZ) would be looking at whatever the maximum allowed.

Unfortunately, since he lost a foreclosure case earlier, he probably doesn't have any assets to go after in a civil case.

Sometimes I regret the demise of debtor's prison, stocks, and pillory.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

oldnikki wrote:I suspect 179 days is the maximum the Judge was allowed to impose for contempt of court.
More than that requires a jury trial. Baldwin v. New York, 399 U.S. 66 (1970).
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Nutball was lucky he didn't try to pull this off in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, or any of the less enlightened cities.

In those venues, he might have spent 179 days in a prison hospital ward (recovering from injuries sustained while resisting arrest for jay walking or something of that nature) and then still having to face charges.

Sovereignorami and their ilk totally fail to wrap (what passes for) their brains around the concept that law enforcement officers might eventually run out of patience. Following that, the courts (also short on patience with the frequent-filer) could be very open to accepting that the sovereignoramus SERIOUSLY fell off the curb, despite the police officer's offer of assistance.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Once again, an innocent citizen is made to pay for the actions of his strawman :(
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Six months is a small penalty compared to the federal penalty for pulling this stunt with a federal judge.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

oldnikki wrote:Nutball was lucky he didn't try to pull this off in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, or any of the less enlightened cities.

In those venues, he might have spent 179 days in a prison hospital ward (recovering from injuries sustained while resisting arrest for jay walking or something of that nature) and then still having to face charges.

Sovereignorami and their ilk totally fail to wrap (what passes for) their brains around the concept that law enforcement officers might eventually run out of patience. Following that, the courts (also short on patience with the frequent-filer) could be very open to accepting that the sovereignoramus SERIOUSLY fell off the curb, despite the police officer's offer of assistance.*
I tend to think of this happening in small communities not places like New York.
Judge: "179 days for contempt".
Sheriff's Deputy: "Excuse me, Judge, but he's filed a lien on my property too."
Judge: "Remind me in five and half months Deputy. Oh, and you and a couple of colleagues can take the prisoner to jail by the long route."
Sheriff's Deputy: "Oh yes, thank you very much Judge."

(* There's an English comedian one of whose better know early routines includes the story of him assaulting a policeman's boot several times with his groin.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:wrong, have 6 months inside.
You can tell when it's been a long day when you read that as, "Wong, I have six mouths inside." and re-read it four times before you figure out that it really doesn't say that.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie