Sovereign drunk driver loses

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Sovereign drunk driver loses

Post by Lambkin »

With great loser pic.
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/06/33 ... trial.html
A Platte County jury has found a self-described “sovereign citizen” guilty of driving while intoxicated and driving without a license.

Jurors on Monday convicted Adam David Mael, 32, of Kansas City, North during a one-day trial.
When a trooper read Mael his Miranda rights, Mael said: “I give you no jurisdiction over me, and I do not submit to anything you say about me.”

Mael represented himself during Monday’s trial, citing the Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation in his opening statement and arguing that the government had no authority over him. He also subpoenaed Gloria Boyer, county recorder of deeds, in an apparent attempt to demonstrate that the government didn’t own the road on which he had been driving
add2cart

Ossifer, I wasn't drunking...

Post by add2cart »

A Platte County jury has found a self-described “sovereign citizen” guilty of driving while intoxicated and driving without a license.
http://kansascity.com/2011/12/06/330494 ... k=misearch
Olsenfin

Re: Ossifer, I wasn't drunking...

Post by Olsenfin »

I would love to have asked this clown if he knew who paid for the road on which he was driving. These Sovrun jerks really get me riled! They wrap their selfishness in the American Flag and expect us to respect their right to freeload.

I say we bring back the chain gang. If this nutjob believes that he has a "sovereign" right to use the highway, I say he should do the repairs, as any sovereign owner of property must.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Sovereign drunk driver loses

Post by wserra »

Merged two threads on same nitwit.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

When a trooper read Mael his Miranda rights, Mael said: “I give you no jurisdiction over me, and I do not submit to anything you say about me.”
If I were a police officer, I think I could learn to accept abuse, and so the drunk driver who curses at me or spits at me is something I'd expect and learn to tolerate. But I don't think I could ever tolerate that level of stupidity.

So I probably would have bludgeoned him to death on the spot.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

LPC wrote:
If I were a police officer, I think I could learn to accept abuse, and so the drunk driver who curses at me or spits at me is something I'd expect and learn to tolerate. But I don't think I could ever tolerate that level of stupidity.

So I probably would have bludgeoned him to death on the spot.
I think I would have been tempted to just quietly take off my badge, set it to the side, beat the living piss out of him, put it back on and walk away. Whats he going to do, complain? Complain to who, if no one has authority over him?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Taxpayingcitizen84

Post by Taxpayingcitizen84 »

Well.. according to Francisco Velez of the Lehigh Valley in Allentown, pa... (forming his little sovereign nation in the area) YOU DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL... and they "the man" can't do anything to do since you are now your "strawman" or some solicitous crap that he spews...

you don't have to have a license plate OR a drivers license since you are only traveling.... even if your drunk off you ass.

Where is this strawman and how can I find him?????

Jerks....
Taxpayingcitizen84

Post by Taxpayingcitizen84 »

oh.. one more thing I forgot to add.... According to Frankie Velez, the officer would be considered "trespassing" and he could file a judgement or lien on him and go after his "bond" because it is considered illegal in the republic he lives in...

I believe he has room at his compound if you like koolaid too....

IDIOT....
wserra

Post by wserra »

Taxpayingcitizen84 wrote:Where is this strawman and how can I find him?????
Follow the yellow brick road, of course.

Welcome to Quatloos, TPC.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

You've got Mael!
http://www.kccommunitynews.com/liberty- ... etail.html
A Clay County resident has refused to pay real estate taxes the past two years, saying the government can’t tell him what to do.
The sovereign citizen movement is an anti-government movement in which individuals assert they fall outside of governmental control. No court has upheld their claims.

“These people can be coming up to any of your windows at any time,” Clay County Sheriff Bob Boydston told the officials. “You need to be ready.”

The homeowner McEvoy was referring to is John Mael of Kansas City North. Attempts to reach him for comment were not successful.
penny2

Post by penny2 »

Lambkin wrote:You've got Mael!
A Clay County resident has refused to pay real estate taxes the past two years, saying the government can’t tell him what to do.
The sovereign citizen movement is an anti-government movement in which individuals assert they fall outside of governmental control. No court has upheld their claims.

“These people can be coming up to any of your windows at any time,” Clay County Sheriff Bob Boydston told the officials. “You need to be ready.”

The homeowner McEvoy was referring to is John Mael of Kansas City North. Attempts to reach him for comment were not successful.

The Sovereign that contacted my friend that was losing her home is now losing his... I looked it up in court records yesterday when I was called for Jury Duty. He was only going to charge her $1000 for the paperwork... Something about the bank giving her a bogus note when her loan was sold to another company... and she didn't authorize the transaction with her signature.

More moronic garbage from the Sovs
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

penny2 wrote:
Lambkin wrote:You've got Mael!

The Sovereign that contacted my friend that was losing her home is now losing his... I looked it up in court records yesterday when I was called for Jury Duty. He was only going to charge her $1000 for the paperwork... Something about the bank giving her a bogus note when her loan was sold to another company... and she didn't authorize the transaction with her signature.

More moronic garbage from the Sovs
The bad part about that is there very well may be some truth in that. There certainly is enough mortgage companies out there pulling some shifty switches to justify thinking things like that, and it may very well be solid advice to have it looked into... by an attorney. Not a dude peddling snake oil out of an El Camino.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
penny2

Post by penny2 »

Love the Snake Oil comment!
penny2

Post by penny2 »

Could the Sovereign Theory of "Right to Travel" be used as her defense.... We shall see!

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketShee ... 04919-2011

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketShee ... =202408017

First one.. She had her kid with her...
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Been done, repeatedly tried, fails every time.

She's basically in a whole lot of trouble and trying that nonsense won't do her any good at all, and she will most likely be facing child endangerment and abuse charges, at least she would in my jurisdiction, they have no sense of humor about that sort of thing here at all.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.