The Tea Party's Racist Roots and Sovereign Citizens movement

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Taxpayingcitizen84

The Tea Party's Racist Roots and Sovereign Citizens movement

Post by Taxpayingcitizen84 »

http://videosift.com/video/The-Tea-Party-s-Racist-Roots

I realize I am posting alot about this group and am doing my research... I went to a meeting from a flyer I got that announced "If you need help tips on doing your Income Tax to save money" and I walked into a Sovereign Citizens meeting... Got the Moronic Spittle about How you can avoid paying taxes at all through filing your UCC1 and getting your "Strawman" back into your possession.... Holy Mary!
Taxpayingcitizen84

Re: The Tea Party's Racist Roots and Sovereign Citizens move

Post by Taxpayingcitizen84 »

I love the parting words..."Who can outdo Who on the Spook Crazy Factor"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

I'm not in any tea party, but I know a dozen people involved in it personally. AND NOT ONE OF THEM IS RACIST. This idea that the tea parties are racist needs to stop.

Big Ass Cluestick: Wanting to cut government spending is not racist! Wanting to balance the budget is not racist! Not wanting to bail out the richest banks is not racist! Not wanting to spend a trillion in stimulus on politically connected corporations is not racist! While it is true that most tea partiers tend are anti illegal immigration, that still is not racism.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Brandybuck wrote:I'm not in any tea party, but I know a dozen people involved in it personally. AND NOT ONE OF THEM IS RACIST. This idea that the tea parties are racist needs to stop.

Big Ass Cluestick: Wanting to cut government spending is not racist! Wanting to balance the budget is not racist! Not wanting to bail out the richest banks is not racist! Not wanting to spend a trillion in stimulus on politically connected corporations is not racist! While it is true that most tea partiers tend are anti illegal immigration, that still is not racism.
Absolutely. The tea party as racist is the biggest bunch of BS propoganda and it is way past time for name calling the tea party to stop. It serves no purpose
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

More like entitled nihilists?
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Lambkin wrote:More like entitled nihilists?

Actually that seems like a much better description of the OWS
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I believe that (1) the Tea Party was an astroturf movement secretly promoted by the Republicans and their patrons, (2) it was not intended to be racist, (3) but it attracted, because of its populist ambiance, just about every sort of malcontent including Kluxer types, and (4) the more outrageous talkative types, although not truly representative of the movement participants, got the media attention. To which I might add, (5) other racists, seeing those inflammatory types on the TV screen, heard a mating call and also affiliated with the Tea Party, expecting to find more kindred racists.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

fortinbras wrote:I believe that (1) the Tea Party was an astroturf movement secretly promoted by the Republicans and their patrons...
Not in the least! I keep hearing this, but not once has anyone shown one piece of evidence for it. I'm was a member of my county's GOP central committee at the time the tea parties started, and we as the leadership has absolutely NO involvement. Only one of us actively particpated. I know those who started the three different tea party groups in the area, and none of them was an insider of any kind. In fact, when Gingrich's group tried to do a protest, only twenty folks showed up.

p.s. As for the racists, there are some quasi-anti-semites on the fringes, but they are the SAME folks on the fringes of the Ron Paul movement AND THE SAME folks on the fringes of the local Occupy movement. These anti-joo-banker types, just like the larouchies, show up for any political event.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Brandybuck wrote:
fortinbras wrote:I believe that (1) the Tea Party was an astroturf movement secretly promoted by the Republicans and their patrons...
Not in the least! I keep hearing this, but not once has anyone shown one piece of evidence for it. I'm was a member of my county's GOP central committee at the time the tea parties started, and we as the leadership has absolutely NO involvement. Only one of us actively particpated. I know those who started the three different tea party groups in the area, and none of them was an insider of any kind. In fact, when Gingrich's group tried to do a protest, only twenty folks showed up.

p.s. As for the racists, there are some quasi-anti-semites on the fringes, but they are the SAME folks on the fringes of the Ron Paul movement AND THE SAME folks on the fringes of the local Occupy movement. These anti-joo-banker types, just like the larouchies, show up for any political event.
They are a lot more like the anarchists and other fringe types who are trying to hijack the Occupy movement.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools