Ron Paul to speak at "Sovrun" conference

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Ron Paul to speak at "Sovrun" conference

Post by Kestrel »

grixit wrote:Heh. It starts with the teaser that attendees will get to see Ron Paul live, maybe even meet him, and ends with an invitation to work for him for free.
You shell out cash to see the other presenters, or you shell out time and effort to supoort the candidate. Either way you pay. The fact that they promoted this as a "free" event - during campaign season when candidates need $$$$$$ - was a pretty good indicator they always expected him to be a no-show.

The good doctor COULD have disassociated himself from these kooks, but didn't. Either A) his support is so weak he can't afford to alienate ANY supporter, or B) he does share the kook's positions but can't publicly say so because it would alienate other supporters, or C) both.

Here's a fun little game. Take this Quiz from the Christian Science Monitor:
Are you a true Ron Paul Supporter?

You even get to choose "Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson's "The Illuminatus! Trilogy," starring Penn Jillette as Hagbard Celine" as the next political book which should be adapted to the big screen.

I just took the quiz and found out:
The Christian Science Monitor wrote:Ron is your man.
Of all our country's major political figures, left, right, and center, Ron Paul best represents your views.
NOT!!!
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Ron Paul to speak at "Sovrun" conference

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:Really? Freedom Law School? That sleazebag is still in business?

I can't believe that there are morons delusional enough to still be buying his crap. I mean, he makes Schiff and Hendrickson look like classy and high-powered operations, even while they're in jail.
Unfortuanately so. I keep bringing his name up as one of the last of organized promoters out there who needs to be investigated and either gets enjoined or jailed. Or both.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff