Glenn Beck just isn't buying it

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Glenn Beck just isn't buying it

Post by LPC »

I like the implication that, if Glenn Beck has not heard of them, they must not exist.

I'm now try to forget I ever heard of Glenn Beck, in the hope that he will then cease to exist.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

WONDERFUL concept!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So, in other words, ignorance is the new knowledge???

That being so, then Beck must be a four star genius.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:I like the implication that, if Glenn Beck has not heard of them, they must not exist.
More exactly, the implication is that, if Beck says he hasn't heard of them, they must not exist.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

After the FBI announcement, several friends of mine laughed at the "threat". I tried to explain how they are not, but after a while I think we here at Quatloos are exaggerating the threat. The impression this action is giving to the public is "we the government are going after yet another vaguely right wing group who doesn't like us."

Yes, there are lots of violent incidents with sov'runs. But overall they're just wackos who want to be left alone. They're dangerous to themselves financially, and frequently cause headaches with their shenanigans, but the movement hardly warrants the panic the administration is trying to foster.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Brandybuck wrote:After the FBI announcement, several friends of mine laughed at the "threat". I tried to explain how they are not, but after a while I think we here at Quatloos are exaggerating the threat. The impression this action is giving to the public is "we the government are going after yet another vaguely right wing group who doesn't like us."

Yes, there are lots of violent incidents with sov'runs. But overall they're just wackos who want to be left alone. They're dangerous to themselves financially, and frequently cause headaches with their shenanigans, but the movement hardly warrants the panic the administration is trying to foster.
I would agree to a point, IF it wasnt for the
Yes, there are lots of violent incidents with sov'runs.
That right there means that something different must be done to counteract what their doing. If what the administration is doing is training LOEs to deal with sov'runs when they encounter them then they are doing nothing but what needs to be done. And that hardly is a panic situation considering its taking how many years and how many LOEs lives to get them to "officially" do that. and beyong the violence issue you have the financial issue they press on others they disagree with and the legal issues they press on others they disagree all of which make other, law-abiding citizens lives miserable and unbearable, for no other reason but that they can and have been getting away with it for the most part.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Brandybuck wrote:......there are lots of violent incidents with sov'runs. But overall they're just wackos who want to be left alone.
It might be that most of them "just want to be left alone," but to that extent that wanting to be "just left alone" for a given individual means something like "not having to obey laws I don't accept and not having to suffer consequences therefor", then that won't work.
They're dangerous to themselves financially, and frequently cause headaches with their shenanigans, but the movement hardly warrants the panic the administration is trying to foster.
I don't see the administration trying to foster "panic." I see the administration trying to foster awareness and preparedness, especially among law enforcement personnel who are more likely to be the targets of these nutballs.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
add2cart

Post by add2cart »

you have the financial issue they press on others they disagree with and the legal issues they press on others they disagree all of which make other, law-abiding citizens lives miserable and unbearable, for no other reason but that they can and have been getting away with it for the most part.
Exactly! Until you've been caught in their wacky world of massive court filings and spent a small fortune paying your lawyer to defend you against their Pro Se, Myself & I "law firm" you just can't grasp what they are capable of. I won't go into more detail, but I can tell you it was terrorism, plain and simple and everyone in this house now has a C&C permit.

The bigger question is, how do you at least slow it down? I don't know if I'm just more in tune with it, or it truly is growing at an exponential rate? It's rare something doesn't pop up in my daily sovereign citizen news clip services. :?
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

JamesVincent wrote:I would agree to a point, IF it wasnt for the
Yes, there are lots of violent incidents with sov'runs.
That right there means that something different must be done to counteract what their doing. If what the administration is doing is training LOEs to deal with sov'runs when they encounter them then they are doing nothing but what needs to be done. And that hardly is a panic situation considering its taking how many years and how many LOEs lives to get them to "officially" do that.
If this were just a memo to LOEs on how to deal with them, this would never have been an issue, never have hit Glenn Beck's desk. But since most news outlets reported it at the same time, using nearly the same language, it's clear that the government issued a press release on the topic.

We got a very loud and public warning about a large movement of violent extremists. We didn't get much accurate information about who sovereigns were, but we are told to suspect those who don't like the government, those who want a gold standard, etc. Hell, it sounded just like that infamous DHS report from a couple years ago.

And that's my problem with this issue, sov'runs were portrayed as the Second Coming of Militias planning their next bombing. But stories report that there were two sov'run related shootings, 18 convicted of non-violent white collar crimes, yet the movement has perhaps 100,000 members.

This is not terrorism.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Brandybuck wrote:
This is not terrorism.
Yet. I don't want to be standing nearby if someone tries to get himself some "street cred" in the sovrun movement.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Brandybuck wrote: This is not terrorism.
Terrorism does not have to involve bloodshed.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
add2cart

Post by add2cart »

Terrorism does not have to involve bloodshed.
Having lived through that hell, I have to say I couldn't agree more.

ter·ror·ism   /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Brandybuck wrote:If this were just a memo to LOEs on how to deal with them, this would never have been an issue, never have hit Glenn Beck's desk. But since most news outlets reported it at the same time, using nearly the same language, it's clear that the government issued a press release on the topic.
The FBI held a press conference to announce that they'd been getting hammered with requests from local law enforcement to provide training on sovereigns. The purpose of the press conference was to reassure law enforcement and the public that they were on it.
We got a very loud and public warning about a large movement of violent extremists. We didn't get much accurate information about who sovereigns were, but we are told to suspect those who don't like the government, those who want a gold standard, etc.
What do you based this on? The actual press conference or the shrill cries of people reacting to what they think the press conference was all about.
Hell, it sounded just like that infamous DHS report from a couple years ago.
You might want to reread that 2009 report. You might want to also reread the 2009 DHS report that was leaked the same day on the subject of left wing terrorism and wonder why your favorite pundits didn't go equally apeshit over that one.
And that's my problem with this issue, sov'runs were portrayed as the Second Coming of Militias planning their next bombing.
Exaggerate much?

Why don't you relate what the FBI actually said during their press conference...
But stories report that there were two sov'run related shootings, 18 convicted of non-violent white collar crimes, yet the movement has perhaps 100,000 members.
Good grief, you've been on Quatloos long enough to know that most sovereign-related violent crimes occur at the state and local level, not federal, and that the violence in recent years has been escalating.
This is not terrorism.
Sovereigns shooting at and/or planning to murder police in Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Texas, Alaska, Michigan, and Arkansas is just business as usual? Cyberstalking and threatening government employees, including police officers and their families, is ok by your book? How about the onslaught of liens, false 1099s, and lawsuits against law enforcement? Or is that no big deal because all it does is intimidate and harass without any physical violence?
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Brandybuck wrote:they're just wackos who want to be left alone.
Keyboard alert, please.
Demo.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Yet. I don't want to be standing nearby if someone tries to get himself some "street cred" in the sovrun movement.
Crime is not terrorism. Sorry, it's not.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Demosthenes wrote:What do you based this on? The actual press conference or the shrill cries of people reacting to what they think the press conference was all about.
I am not privileged enough to attend the press conferences. I am basing it instead on the AP, Reuters, etc., stories. My apologies for having to get my information from the same place the common folk do.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Brandybuck wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:What do you based this on? The actual press conference or the shrill cries of people reacting to what they think the press conference was all about.
I am not privileged enough to attend the press conferences. I am basing it instead on the AP, Reuters, etc., stories. My apologies for having to get my information from the same place the common folk do.
I wasn't there either which is why I'm wondering where you got your details.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

We got a very loud and public warning about a large movement of violent extremists. We didn't get much accurate information about who sovereigns were, but we are told to suspect those who don't like the government, those who want a gold standard, etc.
Where did you get from the Reuters and AP stories that you are at risk from any one who doesn't like government or who wants the gold standard?

I just reread the stories and see that the FBI are working on training law enforcement officers who are at risk. Are you a LEO?
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

we are told to suspect those who don't like the government, those who want a gold standard, etc.
If the government makes a statement that some sovereigns are dentists, in your opinion are they stating that all dentists are sovereigns.

If the government makes a statement that some sovereigns are military vets (the sentence that set off the knee-jerkers over the 2009 DHS report), is the government saying that all military vets are sovereigns?

If sovereigns believe X, does that mean that anyone who believes X is automatically a sovereign?
Demo.