Moorish man claims to be a US vessel operating in commerce

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Moorish man claims to be a US vessel operating in commerce

Post by rogfulton »

I haven't found a posting discussing Ahmad William Storey, so here's a link to the Middletown Press.

http://middletownpress.com/articles/201 ... 537751.txt
According to court documents, Storey is a member of the Moorish Holy Temple of Science of the World, and alleges that the court, both the district and United States, have no jurisdiction over him, due to his religious affiliation. In a document provided to the court, Storey alleges “AHMAD WILLIAM STOREY is a US vessel operating in commerce.” The document also alleges that the charges are the jurisdiction of the “Admiralty/Maritime jurisdiction”
And, wonder of wonders, his lawyer has asked to be relieved of the case.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Moorish man claims to be a US vessel operating in commer

Post by Lambkin »

He is apparently unaware that having run aground on the shores of Greater Quatloosia, his ship and crew of strawmen became droits of Illuminati.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

This guy is such an idiot, even his idiot arguments are wrong. By claiming to BE a US Vessel, he is claiming he IS subject to US Jurisdiction (and entitled to the US Navy protecting him at sea), and if he alleges that the charges are under Maritime/Admiralty law, they would more apply to a US Vessel at commerce than just about anything else.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Saw this earlier. The part that concerns me:
Freeman said his client is part of a religious organization, and he has had limited “sane” contact with him for some time.
Perhaps Mr Freeman would like one of these :brickwall:
Plus what I hope is a journalistic fail:
Storey is facing charges in Hartford and Manchester courts as well, including larceny, drug sales, reckless driving, operation of a drug factory, and other motor vehicle related charges.
Not sure what's going on there, but would operating a drug factory while driving be automatically considered reckless? Maybe he could get it reduced to "careless"? But, depending on the product and the process, he could be DUI anyway. ( I have visions of a hydroponic trunk with grow lights and a strong smell of "skunk" drifting through the car....)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I wonder... if he is a US vessel, dont most US vessels belong in grey and start with U.S.S.? They also fall under the rule of the Admiralty (bunch of older guys in white suits whose first names are all Admiral) which would put him under the UCMJ and allow JAG to go after him. Does he really want them to give him what he thinks he wants?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The USS Ships are ones that are owned by the Navy, Coast Guard of other government entities, a private vessel flagged in the US could be SS, (Steam Ship or Sail Ship) MV (Motor Vessel) and I think they may still have Mail Ships that are private vessels used to transport US Mail. These last are 'US Vessels in Commerce". I don't know offhand what Merchant Marine ships are, I'm guessing one of the above.

In the UK, Government ships would be HMS for Her Majesty's Ship, and private ones are things like RMS for Royal Mail Ship (the Titanic was a RMS).

Most commercial vessels are deliberately NOT US ships, as there are countries that are kind of like Delaware is for corporations in regards to ships. A lot of ships are registered to Panama, Norway etc.... and the Officers of those ships are required to be citizens of the country of registry. The advantage of being a US registered ship on the high seas is you can call the US Navy when bad things happen and expect help, a while back when things were getting a little weird in the Strait of Hormuz, a fleet of Kuwaiti Vessels was re-flagged as US Vessels so that the Navy could legally protect them.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Gregg wrote: Most commercial vessels are deliberately NOT US ships, as there are countries that are kind of like Delaware is for corporations in regards to ships. A lot of ships are registered to Panama, Norway etc....
Thats what I was talking about Gregg, most ships that are US flagged are Navy or Coast Guard. I say we let him roll two D-10s and give him a 10% chance to NOT be painted grey or red/ white.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I guess he doesn't have to pretend he's a boat.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

JamesVincent wrote:
Gregg wrote: Most commercial vessels are deliberately NOT US ships, as there are countries that are kind of like Delaware is for corporations in regards to ships. A lot of ships are registered to Panama, Norway etc....
Thats what I was talking about Gregg, most ships that are US flagged are Navy or Coast Guard. I say we let him roll two D-10s and give him a 10% chance to NOT be painted grey or red/ white.

Most ships are navy or coast gaurd? Hardly. Even if you don't count the few thousand in the marinas between Baltimore and San Diego and the bass boats etc.... There are far more US flagged commercial vessels than military ships. There are likely more commercial vessels on the Ohio and Mississippi River system than the Navy has.