The Illiterati

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

The Illiterati

Post by Demosthenes »

I'm reading the legal filings of today's Texas courthouse shooter to see if he's a sovereign, and came across the following statements:

“we have been attacked by every Fawcett of society.”
"We will not bow down to TRANNY!!."
Demo.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: The Illiterati

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

This guy shouldn't use ten-dollar phrases on a nickel budget.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:“we have been attacked by every Fawcett of society.”
"Every faucet of society" would have been funnier.

Or maybe "every Fawkesette of society"?

Reading the pleadings of tax nuts reminds me of Bob Newhart's bit about actually running an experiment with an infinite number of monkeys at typewriters and reviewing their work. The lab technician gets excited to find that one of them has typed, "To be or not to be — that is the grrdnmzsplkt."

Yeah, it's close, but so what. It's still just a monkey with a typewriter.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

This family is a train wreck. From Brother Lyndon's appeal of a protective order for two of his children:
Vallire Ozene, Lyndon Granger, and Latoya Jernigan (Appellants) sued
the Texas Department of Family Protective Services (TDFPS) and several
TDFPS officials (collectively the State Defendants), and other individuals
unaffiliated with the state of Texas. The case appears to stem from a dispute
over the custody of two minor children, S.J. and T.J. Both children were subject to writs of attachment in Texas state court naming the TDFPS as their
temporary managing conservator. The Appellants claimed in their lawsuit that
the various defendants conspired to fabricate false allegations against the
Appellants in order to terminate the Appellants’ custodial rights over S.J. and
T.J. The complaint included allegations that the defendants violated the Fourth,
Fifth, Sixth, and Fourteenth Amendments, and sought relief pursuant to 42
U.S.C. § 1983. The Appellants requested damages in the amount of
$100 million, as well as the possession of S.J. and T.J
But if the Granger clan's only problem was a little sovereign mythology why are so many of them facing charges of rape? Lyndon, Ulysses, Bartholomew Sr. and now Bartholomew Jr. have all faced trial for this, in some cases against children. These people would be the scum of the earth even if they weren't sovereigns.

Here's hoping for a little more Clorox in the gene pool.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And this is the eternal question about sovruns - are they sovruns because they are criminals at heart or are they criminals at heart because they are sovruns? Sort of the chicken-first-or-egg-first question.

I lean to the belief that they are criminals of some sort at heart and the sovrun theories only help them rationalize their behavior.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Observer wrote:And this is the eternal question about sovruns - are they sovruns because they are criminals at heart or are they criminals at heart because they are sovruns? Sort of the chicken-first-or-egg-first question.

I lean to the belief that they are criminals of some sort at heart and the sovrun theories only help them rationalize their behavior.
I would have to agree the majority have authority issues and rationalization via goofy legal theories is very convenient.

There are those, however, that find and become imbued with the whackadoodle gibberish and then try to use it when some run-of-the-mill life issue (i.e., a traffic or vehicle violation) catches up with them.

In this case there seems to be a complete melt-down of a family unit with all the toxicity that entails.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

In this particular case, I think the toxicity was there long before the meltdown happened. If even half of what they are saying is true, this whole bunch is plain damn scary to begin with, and it was just a matter of time before it spilled over in to the rest of the community. I'm not sure from the sounds of it that this bunch even qualifies for the gene pool, more like the foot bath that hasn't been changed often enough. Apparently they are firm believers in the old adage about the family that plays together, since two of them are charged with effectively the same crime against the same victim, another relative. EWWWWWWW!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

FWIW, there weren't quite enough markers in evidence for me to label them as sovereigns.

No funky punctuation, no UCC filings, no redemption language, etc.

Just semi-literate, pro se defendants suing the government for $1 billion using erroneous legal arguments wrapped in patriotic terms. The filings are similar to the guy who murdered Judge Lefkow's family in Chicago - almost sovereign, but just shy of the mark.
Demo.
notorial dissent

I think this bunch comes more under the barracks lawyer, wanne be Perry Mason crowd that thinks that if you throw enough legal jargon around, something may stick. They sound more like the everyone is out to get me picking on me crowd more than anything else, always someone else's fault, never did anything wrong sort of thing.

From what I have been able to come up with they just sound more like common garden variety thugs and people you wouldn't want as neighbors under any circumstances more than anything else.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:I think this bunch comes more under the barracks lawyer, wanne be Perry Mason crowd that thinks that if you throw enough legal jargon around, something may stick.
Also known as the "magic words" doctrine, as in "gee -- real lawyers use all sorts of magic words and legal-sounding mumbo-jumbo to get what they want; so if I use all sorts of magic words and legal-sounding mumbo-jumbo, I can get what I want, as well."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Exactly!!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Ok, here's something legal sounding: these people may be found in the perumbra of the sovrun movement.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

grixit wrote:Ok, here's something legal sounding: these people may be found in the perumbra of the sovrun movement.
Er, do you mean penumbra?
“we have been attacked by every Fawcett of society.”
"We will not bow down to TRANNY!!."
Say it with a caricature Texas accent and it doesn't quite sound as bad at it is written. Unfortunately, it does remind me of the British comic who pointed out that George Bush appeared to open his speeches with the words "Ma fellow merkins". Please be careful when looking up that last word.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
grixit wrote:Ok, here's something legal sounding: these people may be found in the perumbra of the sovrun movement.
Er, do you mean penumbra?
That too :)

(Ack, i did proofread that, must've had a brain glitch)
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
lalashafer

Post by lalashafer »

Thanks for sharing this link.