"Must Watch" Video (RobbRyder)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: "Must Watch" Video

Post by fortinbras »

I think the harpsichord music associated with Secret Agent/Danger Man was not Johnny Rivers's song for the opening credits but the episode opening, a piece called Man on a Tightrope. I think the Rivers song was exclusive to the American "Secret Agent" version, and the Tightrope piece was the original British theme for Danger Man.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

fortinbras wrote:I think the harpsichord music associated with Secret Agent/Danger Man was not Johnny Rivers's song for the opening credits but the episode opening, a piece called Man on a Tightrope. I think the Rivers song was exclusive to the American "Secret Agent" version, and the Tightrope piece was the original British theme for Danger Man.
Exactly. Secret Agent Man used scraps of the British Danger Man theme but used the Johnny Rivers song as the main theme. The British theme was actually called "High Wire" and was first used for the hour-long episodes of season 2 starting in 1964. These were shown in the US as "Secret Agent Man" but were shown in Canada unchanged from the British "Danger Man" name and opening theme. As an internet article says on the theme;

The song “High Wire” was actually not the original theme to Danger Man, which originally featured a voiceover with John Drake explaining his position with NATO over top of some fairly generic big band jazz. The second season aired two years later, and with quite a bit of reworking. John Drake was now a British agent, episodes were now an hour in length, and there was a new, hip theme song: “High Wire” by Edwin Astley.

Astley, composer of other themes like The Saint and The Baron, and one-time father-in-law to Who guitarist Pete Townsend, took on the Danger Man theme with a playful harpischord and a hard-driving horn section.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Gregg wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of Darth Vader's March. On a Ukulele maybe...
Well, I haven't got a Ukulele but...
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Perfect!
:mrgreen:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Gregg wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of Darth Vader's March. On a Ukulele maybe...
Holy Moly. My harddrive has a theme song!
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Holy Moly. My harddrive has a theme song!
Don't be so surprised. I knew a guy whose penis could hum the Major-General Song. We tried to teach it to sing, but the very act of singing caused a massive pressure buildup which caused the host's head to explode. So now I have a penis paperweight that can hum the Major-General Song.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche

Demosthenes wrote: Holy Moly. My harddrive has a theme song!
You're welcome. :D

I just enabled downloading for this track (don't know why I didn't think of that before - probably because it was very, very early this morning i wrapped this up).

You may now bring your theme song home.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

webhick wrote: Don't be so surprised. I knew a guy whose penis could hum the Major-General Song. We tried to teach it to sing, but the very act of singing caused a massive pressure buildup which caused the host's head to explode. So now I have a penis paperweight that can hum the Major-General Song.
:lol:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Y'all have no idea how disorienting it is to not only not be the biggest deviant in the room, but to not even be in the running.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

We are all a little vanilla when Webhick is in the room.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I was thinking more along the lines of Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

If Zaphod actually existed (in an infinite universe, anything is possible) I'm certain he'd turn out to be one of my relatives.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

That's Zooey Deschanel standing next to Sam Rockwell and Mos Def in the 2005 theatrical version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

PS: You'll have a LOT more fun watching the 1981 BBC mini-series of The Hitchhiker's Guide .... which closely followed the original radio mini-series.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

There were five books in the trilogy.
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Who's the pretty redhead on the right?
Merely having asked exposes you as one who hasn't explored the better things in the universe.

Among some of us, Zooey is worshiped as, well, worshiped....
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

You'll have a LOT more fun watching the 1981 BBC mini-series of The Hitchhiker's Guide .... which closely followed the original radio mini-series.
A very good description of the various versions of the different incarnations in many media is to be found at the beginning of "The Ultimate Guide" which is the leather bound compilation of the first five books of the trilogy. There are in fact 6 books if you count the one written by someone else after Douglas Adams died.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

There are in fact 6 books if you count the one written by someone else after Douglas Adams died.
I don't.
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

There are 5 books in the Trilogy.

Hey, I sure ain't gonna cross her, have you seen her hard drive?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Gregg wrote:Hey, I sure ain't gonna cross her, have you seen her hard drive?

Cue music.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Gregg wrote:There are 5 books in the Trilogy.
Hey, I sure ain't gonna cross her, have you seen her hard drive?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown