Sovrun evicted in Decatur

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Sovrun evicted in Decatur

Post by Lambkin »

It didn't work
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/17456509/s ... catur-home
A man identifying himself as a sovereign citizen was put out of his Decatur home on Friday, months after his eviction was ordered.

Morgan County Sheriff's deputies went to the home on Cloverdale Avenue to oversee the eviction and to keep the peace.

Morgan County Sheriff Ana Franklin said Hewlett Quillen refused to pay property taxes for the past five years, ever since he inherited the house from his mother.
Movers on Friday removed Quillen's furniture and belongings to the sidewalk. Deputies also found about 20 firearms in the house, which they kept in their custody until the move was finished.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Sovrun evicted in Decatur

Post by Burnaby49 »

This is the part I like;

Sheriff Franklin said Quillen's delinquent property tax payments led the Morgan County tax assessor to seize the home and put it up for auction.

In 2007, Adrian Wray bought the home in the tax sale. He said he did not know the prior owner of the house was a sovereign citizen.

After Wray purchased the home, he said Quillen was allowed to continue living in the house under the condition that he pays rent. He said he never received rent payments so he had the court order Quillen's eviction.

Quillen said he planned to take legal action against the current homeowner.

So he essentially squatted for years and was forced out in a legal eviction. Then he plans to sue the owner. For what? If he's a real sovereign shoulsn't he be suing the government for their fascist style tactics of evicting a sovereign from his castle?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs