Re: Schaeffer Cox trial underway in Alaska

Post by fortinbras »

Lonnie Vernon got "nearly 26 years":

http://www.adn.com/2013/01/07/2744827/a ... early.html
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Lonnie Vernon got 310 months (concurrent 310-month terms on the conspiracy charges and 60-months on the weapons charge.) Vernon let loose on just about everyone in the courtroom during his sentencing. Moron.

Mrs. Vernon got 12 years.

Schaeffer will be sentenced tomorrow.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

They keep saying Barney wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer of that set, but I would say that Lonnie is an equal candidate for the title. I personally think he got off far too lightly. He strikes me as a very belligerent and nasty bully, and I did, and still do, think he is the most dangerous of the whole bunch. Cox was definitely the brains of the operation, but Lonnie would have quite happily pulled the trigger and enjoyed doing it, and something inside me says that he would enjoy every second of it.

I will definitely be interested to see how the Cox sentencing goes.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Lonnie Vernon's sentencing reports.....

From the Alaska Dispatch:

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/f ... e-sentence

From KTUU-TV in Anchorage, by way of MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50390511/ns ... horage_ak/

From the Associated Press:

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2013/01/07/ ... ia-trials/

What a warm, fuzzy, endearing character this Lonnie is!

:roll:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
mirele
Swabby
Swabby

Post by mirele »

Jeanne Devon of The Mudflats blog was in the courtroom for the sentencing of the Vernons. Her report is a compendium of the crazy I'm sure we've all come to expect from sovereign citizens freemen on the land, etc., etc.

http://www.themudflats.net/?p=35156

Since I'm new to this, it was an eye-opener.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

mirele wrote:Jeanne Devon of The Mudflats blog was in the courtroom for the sentencing of the Vernons. Her report is a compendium of the crazy I'm sure we've all come to expect from sovereign citizens freemen on the land, etc., etc.

http://www.themudflats.net/?p=35156

Wow, that is some report.

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

His attorney had declined to file the report with court, which Vernon called one more example that his attorney had failed him.
Now where have we heard that before?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

That's a great piece. The phrase "clear-eyed compassion" seems coined just for it.
We're not new to it, and it's still a great piece.

Welcome to Quatloos, mirele.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ArthurWankspittle

Couldn't resist this quote from the Anchorage Daily News comments:
"Hey, honey, let's head on down to Denny's for a Grand Slam breakfast! Francis said he might be there, too; he has a plan he wants to discuss."

Things-you-wish-your-husband-had-never-said.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

Ouch!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

It's bad enough when you ruin your life and those of people who you claim to love by making an ass of yourself. It's so much worse when you do so loudly and publicly; and it's worse yet when your story hits the national news.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

After nearly two years in jail and a cascade of federal convictions for illegal weapons and conspiracy to murder, 28-year old militia leader Schaeffer Cox gave a final Hail Mary at his sentencing hearing Tuesday.

Claiming a triad of mental illnesses, he asked the court to be lenient. Paranoid schizophrenia, delusional personality disorder and paranoid personality disorder had clouded Cox's sense of reality, he argued through his attorney, Peter Camiel.

U.S. District Court Judge Robert Bryan already had told Cox he'd spend the next 24 years behind bars. Bryan handed down a 310 month sentence, giving Cox credit for the 22 months he's served since his March 2011 arrest.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/m ... r-sentence
Demo.
notorial dissent

I hope they have some place dark and deep and all by himself lined up for him, otherwise he is going to be a constant source of upheaval.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

From the Alaska Dispatch article by Jill Burke linked above:
...Judge Bryan agreed that the psychologist's findings about Cox's mental health made sense. The terms he'd written in his own trial notes after Cox's performance before the jury offered a close parallel: paranoia, grandiosity, narcissism, egocentricity, pathological lying. Still, serious mental health issues wouldn't soften Cox's fate – a fate he'd brought upon himself and his family, according to the judge. He could get help in prison for his paranoia and delusions, and it was clear he posed an ongoing danger to society.....
paranoia....
grandiosity....
narcissism....
egocentricity....
pathological lying....

There is a lot of that stuff going around among the tax protester - tax denier - sovereign citizen - people.
notorial dissent

It is the sociopathy, or whatever catchy name they are currently using, that concerns me. Anyone who could so easily not only contemplate, but casually plan the very brutal deaths of other innocent people, specifically the judge and his family, seriously concerns me.
mirele
Swabby
Swabby

Post by mirele »

notorial dissent wrote:It is the sociopathy, or whatever catchy name they are currently using, that concerns me. Anyone who could so easily not only contemplate, but casually plan the very brutal deaths of other innocent people, specifically the judge and his family, seriously concerns me.
I'm thinking this is not a person you instinctively want to give a second chance.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Twenty-eight year old Francis August Schaeffer Cox is now registered as inmate # 16179-006 with the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Projected release date - unspecified at the moment.

His location? "In Transit."
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

This is vaguely, scarey:
Norm Olson

Jan 8 (14 hours ago)

Schaeffer was sentenced today to 26 years.
http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska_ne ... f6878.html

In the article, Schaeffer is quoted as saying, "I said too much. . ."

There is herein a lesson to all of us. We live in dangerous times.. It doesn't matter one wit whether "thought police arrests" are legal. It matters only that we must correctly determined what is the force and threat posed against us.

The fact is that the courts are puppets of the federal government and the 1st Amendment is dead.

Schaeffer and I conversed for several hours on the need for OPSEC and COMSEC. Yes, you may have the right to say what you will, but the 1st Amendment doesn't PROTECT you if what you say has become a crime.

We DON'T HAVE PROTECTION! That is the simple and sobering fact. Yes, you can say whatever you want to, and behave however you like, but in Amerika today, these actions may be criminal.

Remember also that the central government has decided to target YOU as a militia/patriot individual. It will not target Islamic extremists for their outrageous speech, but you are on their bull's-eye!

That means that the CG considers you the greater threat. Why? Because you, MR. AND MRS. PATRIOT, stand between liberty and tyranny, fiercely defending that liberty as did our Founding Fathers so that our posterity will have a better chance of defending it in their future day.

Yes, Schaeffer is right, "[he] said too much."

You might want to know what is ahead. Well, since the 1st Amendment has been abridged to exclude freedom of speech, it will soon include paramilitary "free" assembly. You can expect that new laws will support the 2nd Amendment, but will deny assembly of armed individuals. Perhaps something like this: "Lawful assembly shall be restricted to bona fide groups not espousing or practicing paramilitary exercises." So, hunt clubs and the like are okay, but once you put on the camo and start grunting through the woods, you will be in violation.

Isn't this exactly what they've done with "freedom of speech?" Over and over, both Schaeffer Cox and Lonnie Veron declared clearly and accurately, "We hurt no one." So now, the mere vocalization of some "battle plan" around the camp fire IS A CRIME!

We are moving rapidly to a time when your words AND actions will be deemed criminal even though they are harmless in and of themselves. "We hurt no one" doesn't matter any longer...

Be sure of this: The Patriot Community and Militia in the country ARE THE GREATEST THREATS
TO THE CENTRAL TYRANNICAL TOTALITARIAN GOVERNMENT.

So, where do we stand? Schaeffer and Lonnie and others are in federal prison. Millions of us are free. Let's do everything we can to keep it that way. Observe Operational and Communication security. Use "Need To Know" when speaking to others... KNOW WHO you are speaking to. Keep you plans to a very small group of people who you know you can trust. Be cautious of what you say with regards to threats.

Boast and brag all you want, but don't verbalize or put plans on paper.

Back in WWII we heard "loose lips sink ships" Today we are losing fellow patriots because THEY
and others can't be quiet.

Norm
From the Alaska Citizen Militia Google group.

So convicting Schaeffer before he actually murdered anyone violates his first amendment rights?

If anyone didn't know who Norman Olson is, he's the militia leader who believes the Japanese perpetrated the Oklahoma City bombing in retaliation for the sarin gas attack in the Tokyo subway which Norm claims the US government was behind.
ArthurWankspittle

GlimDropper wrote:So convicting Schaeffer before he actually murdered anyone violates his first amendment rights?
Using that logic (and this is where I disagree with Cox, Olson and the sovereign types) then the 9/11 bombers didn't commit any offences until they took over the planes. (at that point it was only kidnapping or reckless endangerment anyway?) Equally, if Cox or Vernon got to the point of shooting at a judge but missing, they would argue that they were just exercising their second amendment rights presumably.
Olson lives in a lala land where conspiracy by sovereigns doesn't exist.
GlimDropper wrote:If anyone didn't know who Norman Olson is, he's the militia leader who believes the Japanese perpetrated the Oklahoma City bombing in retaliation for the sarin gas attack in the Tokyo subway which Norm claims the US government was behind.
Ah, Norm Olson, a man too wacky to be part of the Montana Freemen.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:There is a lot of that stuff going around among the tax protester - tax denier - sovereign citizen - people.
Maybe more of that in the future if this psychologist is correct.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff