Article on the "Republic for the uSA"

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Article on the "Republic for the uSA"

Post by Unidyne »

http://splcenter.org/get-informed/intel ... sovereigns

Southern Poverty Law Center article on the "Republic for the united States of America" ("President" Timothy James Turner's group) and its members, which include a number of criminal events and, sadly, an apparent murder-suicide of a father and 9 year old son.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Article on the "Republic for the uSA"

Post by fortinbras »

I would say the article is a tad overboard. The Kanes were not affiliated, as far as I can tell, with Turner's group. Turner can be described as "charismatic" only when compared to me. Evidently there is a faction in RuSA that is opposed to Turner and wants to oust him. In the meantime, Turner surfaces once every few weeks to appear on one of the few shortwave/internet "radio shows" favorable to him to announce new edicts, often throwing bunches of RuSA members out of their purported offices by his own whim. I suspect that the only part of RuSA that's actually working is Turner's mouth.
Last edited by fortinbras on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:I would say the article is a tad overboard. The Kanes were not affiliated, as far as I can tell, with Turner's group. Turner can be described as "charismatic" only when compared to me. Evidently there is a faction in RuSA that is opposed to Turner and wants to oust him. In the meantime, Turner surfaces once every few weeks to appear on one of the few shortwave/internet "radio shows" favorable to him to announce new edicts, often throwing bunches of RuSA members out of their purported offices by his own whim. I suspect that only part of RuSA that's actually working is Turner's mouth.
Reading is fundamental.
The Kanes were not known to have any affiliation with RuSA, but they shared many of the same beliefs.
I think Turner's charisma may or may not be as high as they state, but its obvious that its there. He is the ringleader of a clown circus and he had to have something that appealed to them. As far as RuSA being active at all I think Demo could probably tell us better then SPLC could.
Unidyne wrote:..an apparent murder-suicide of a father and 9 year old son.
That was covered in another thread. It happened in WV and multiple members of the movement said they thought it was the goobermint killing and robbing one of their high muckity-mucks.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

My reading of the RuSA people is that they are not "sovereigns" in the conventional sense (if there is a conventional sense), they do not claim that public laws have no applicability. They only claim to be the NEW govt, making new public laws that are applicable to everybody.

If you listen to some of their "broadcasts" (also available as internet videos), they have a sort of fake ceremonial attitude, with their own "royalty" (although they wouldn't call it that), that inhibits them from hard thinking. In some ways, it resembles a South Pacific cargo cult.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I can easily understand the mindset of the RuSA fanatics. It probably isn't much for one's self-esteem when you are a car wash attendant in Hushpuppy, Alabama, a fry cook in Jackadeer, Vermont or a 7-11 clerk in San Itarie, California; but when you join the ranks of the RuSA, all of a sudden you can stand tall, knowing that you are the De Jure Senator or Congressman from your state, or maybe even something like a cabinet secretary in the Restored Republic.

That goes double if you have access to an official-looking facility tucked into a corner of a warehouse somewhere, which you can call your "temporary quarters" until you throw out the usurpers and take over the real ones, and can be among those who take your titles seriously.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Don't forget the "VIP" card from Denny's!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

It is amazing that Tim is still running that intelligence mill.

This is the latest rendition.