SovereignLife.Com

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

SovereignLife.Com

Post by LPC »

Sherry Peel Jackson (remember her?) blogged something recently in which she recommended the newsletters (and methods) of David MacGregor who runs a "SovereignLife" website.

Home page proclaims that "Little Known Legal Loophole Allows You To Reinvent Yourself as an 'International Citizen' And Achieve Freedom & Wealth Tax-Free!"
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: SovereignLife.Com

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:Little Known Legal Loophole Allows You To Reinvent Yourself as an 'International Citizen' And Achieve Freedom & Wealth Tax-Free!"
But of course! It wouldn't make sense to be become a "poor and enslaved" sovrun, right? Who would want to do that?

Yet, it seems all of our sovruns end up being poor and enslaved, and even more reliant on the hated gubmint when their attempt to "break free" ends.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

SPJ, now there's a recommendation for financial astuteness and acumen if ever I saw one.

Sounds like she has finally found another worthwhile enterprise she can throw herself in to once she gets out, since we all know how well her tax advice gig went, this has to be a sure fire winner.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

notorial dissent wrote:SPJ, now there's a recommendation for financial astuteness and acumen if ever I saw one.

Sounds like she has finally found another worthwhile enterprise she can throw herself in to once she gets out, since we all know how well her tax advice gig went, this has to be a sure fire winner.
Jackson has been out of prison for almost a year (released in August of 2011).

But the fact that she's taken by this wingnut shows that she's not going to learn anything from the second kick of the mule.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would have sworn I read 2012, but what the hey, it's not like she won't be back eventually. I don't know as I would say taken then, but I bet she has found her next scam then, and we know how well the last one turned out.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
sovereignlife

Post by sovereignlife »

As the guy behind SovereignLife I'd like to chip in here ...

I often get people (particularly from the US) asking me if I provide info on how to avoid paying tax and become "sovereign" while remaining in the country, and this is my stock reply:

I should clarify the word "sovereign". In the USA there is a "sovereignty" movement that offers information and guidance on ways to "opt-out" of various government requirements. This movement relies on interpretations of the law or the constitution to suggest that certain acts of the government are "illegal" therefore can be ignored or opted-out of.

I have to say that I disagree with this approach. In my experience, any attempt to thwart the government by simply referring to certain laws or interpretations of laws misses the point entirely - and is likely to get you into trouble. The fact is, government (the state) is all-powerful and has the "guns". They can literally do what they like regardless of laws. And if some law was causing them strife, the state would simply abolish or change it.

When it comes to matters of living, the truth is the state calls the shots and any attempt to simply stand your ground against the state - by using arcane legal arguments - is bound to fail in the long run.

On the other hand, my website is about becoming a "sovereign individual" - which is an entirely different concept, with different ground rules. And in our way of looking at things, if you want to be free of the laws and regulations in your home country, then the only course of action is to emigrate to somewhere more favourable. And do this in ways that can eliminate the worst elements of any future government control. This strategy is commonly known as "PT".

The other option is to learn to "work the system" by using offshore vehicles for achieving a "second" you - an alter ego - which can be used to liberate certain parts of your life - such as your financial affairs and your assets.

A sovereign individual is someone who is a "self-ruler" and does not acknowledge the governments authority/rulership - but uses practical strategies to reduce the state's impact, without deliberately trying to "stand up" to the state and question its authority.

In other words I reject the idea of "tax protesting" or any strategy that is clearly illegal and can get the perpetrator thrown in jail. Standing in front of tanks is not recommended!
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

This strategy is commonly known as "PT".
Ah the old "Perpetual Traveller" idea. Nice if you have the money to do it, but most sovereign citizens or wannabe sovereign citizens don't even come close. I believe it is do-able but only for the very rich who won't be looking for advice or answers on a backwater corner of the internet.
Whatever happened to one of its original proponents, "Dr" William G "Bill" Hill? I suspect he's dead by now but didn't he write the original book? Also, IIRC, that was the pseudonym of someone who was jailed for fraud (or similar) and escaped while attending his father's funeral, never to be seen since. Most of "Dr" W G Hill's work will, by now, be hopelessly out of date.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

sovereignlife wrote:As the guy behind SovereignLife I'd like to chip in here ...
By all means. Welcome to Quatloos.
I often get people (particularly from the US) asking me if I provide info on how to avoid paying tax and become "sovereign" while remaining in the country, and this is my stock reply:
Actually, no. This is your "stock reply", the teaser that you use to get people to pay for your "report" on offshore banking.

You clearly wrote it very carefully. You never come out and say, "If you pay me, you need not pay Uncle Sam". Instead, you write things like, "And if you are banking in a place where there is no tax charged on interest, then your funds are growing quicker - without any withholding taxes being applied at source". A couple of things about that. First of all, I do all my banking in US banks, and they withhold nothing. Are you subject to backup withholding, David? Cheated and been caught at it, eh? Other people should definitely take your advice. Second, of course, if you obey the law, your money is only "growing quicker" until it's time to pay the tax. That's not exactly the impression you want to leave, is it? You want to leave the impression that, if people pay you, they don't have to pay taxes at all. I mean, "Pay me and you can pay your taxes at the end of the year" isn't going to have the marks flocking to your door, is it? But you can't come out and say that, if people pay you, they don't have to pay taxes. People get indicted for that.

The web site isn't quite so careful. "Become an 'international' citizen - and never pay taxes again" reads a lot like an overt act.

You also repeatedly flog the secrecy aspect of offshore banking. Do you tell people about the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act? Gretchen Morgenson wrote an excellent summary of it in the Times. Funny how I don't see it mentioned in your, um, stuff.
In my experience, any attempt to thwart the government by simply referring to certain laws or interpretations of laws misses the point entirely - and is likely to get you into trouble.
Indeed. Can we thus assume that you're going to fold up all the crap and get a real job?
if you want to be free of the laws and regulations in your home country, then the only course of action is to emigrate to somewhere more favourable.
There is actually a lot of truth to that. Unfortunately, that truth isn't contained in what you write. If you want to be free of U.S. income tax laws, about the only way is to renounce your U.S. citizenship and do no further business in the U.S. Or make below the threshold. Of course, that's not what you advocate, since there aren't a lot of folks who would pay you for the advice to just go away, and spend your future in lovely tax-free Somalia.
The other option is to learn to "work the system" by using offshore vehicles for achieving a "second" you - an alter ego - which can be used to liberate certain parts of your life - such as your financial affairs and your assets.
Sort of an offshore strawman? We've seen how well the strawman theory works in other contexts. Problem is, while you say "liberate certain parts of your life", the law says "commit felonies". Could be an issue.
A sovereign individual is someone who is a "self-ruler" and does not acknowledge the governments authority/rulership - but uses practical strategies to reduce the state's impact, without deliberately trying to "stand up" to the state and question its authority.
Without saying WTF you're talking about, that's simply gibberish. 'Course, if you did say WTF you're talking about, it would likely still be gibberish.
In other words I reject the idea of "tax protesting" or any strategy that is clearly illegal and can get the perpetrator thrown in jail. Standing in front of tanks is not recommended!
Unless, of course, you're the one who gets paid for doing the recommending.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

sovereignlife wrote:.....In my experience, any attempt to thwart the government by simply referring to certain laws or interpretations of laws misses the point entirely - and is likely to get you into trouble. The fact is, government (the state) is all-powerful and has the "guns". They can literally do what they like regardless of laws.....
That is mostly nonsense.

Yes, government -- the state -- does have guns.

However, the government is NOT "all-powerful." And in the United States, the government DOES NOT and CANNOT do "literally what they like regardless of laws." Government in the United States simply does not have that ability, as is demonstrated almost every day. And believe me, when I say this, I know whereof I speak.

And it is your statement that misses the point when it comes to those who are part of the "sovereign citizen" movement. The point is that those people are wrong about what the law is. THAT is why they lose -- not because the government does what it wants "regardless" of the law.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

sovereignlife wrote:.....When it comes to matters of living, the truth is the state calls the shots and any attempt to simply stand your ground against the state - by using arcane legal arguments - is bound to fail in the long run.....
Again, this is misleading, at least as applied to the United States of America. You can "stand your ground" against the state -- and win -- if the facts and the law (arcane or otherwise) are on your side. So, you're not "bound to fail in the long run."

The key word is "if." IF you have the facts and the law on your side, you can win.

That does not mean that you can do whatever you want.

That also does not mean that the state can do whatever it wants.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

in our way of looking at things, if you want to be free of the laws and regulations in your home country, then the only course of action is to emigrate to somewhere more favourable.
New York Kennedy (JFK)
Istanbul Ataturk (IST) 11:55pm -02Jul, Mon
04:35pm -03Jul, Tue Nonstop
Coach
9hr 40min
Turkish Airlines Flight 12 77W more
Connecting flight wait time 6 hours 50 minutes
Istanbul Ataturk (IST)
Mogadishu (MGQ) 11:25pm -03Jul, Tue
07:00am -04Jul, Wed 1 Stop
Coach
7hr 35min
Turkish Airlines Flight 686 320 more
This is an alternate date, please verify the date.
Layover Time : 6hr 50min Total Trip: 24hr 05min

$1741.60
$101.20 (taxes)
Total per person
$1842.80
Low Fare Promise!
Click here
to BOOK &
SAVE $20
on this flight¹
Be sure to let us know how that works out for you! (if you live long enough to find an ISP in Somalia)
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

If you booked a round trip airfare from DC to Istanbul last week, it was only $575 (all taxes and fees included) on Turkish Air. Just saying...
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

And it's cheaper one-way.
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:And it's cheaper one-way.
Not necessarily. To get the $575 special, you had to book round trip. But no one is going to hold a gun to your head and make you use the return flight.

Well, except maybe the Syrians.
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Shhh.
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Demosthenes wrote:If you booked a round trip airfare from DC to Istanbul last week, it was only $575 (all taxes and fees included) on Turkish Air. Just saying...

The flight I listed only stops in Istanbul, the final destination is Mogadishu. Technically they have no income tax in Somalia, as they pretty much have no government. Bu the local warlords have a tax like policy of coming along and taking everything of value you have, ravaging your women and killing everyone still standing when they leave, which aside from being more intrusive than the IRS, is much harder to delay in tax court and appeals for years on end.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Gregg wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:If you booked a round trip airfare from DC to Istanbul last week, it was only $575 (all taxes and fees included) on Turkish Air. Just saying...

The flight I listed only stops in Istanbul, the final destination is Mogadishu. Technically they have no income tax in Somalia, as they pretty much have no government. Bu the local warlords have a tax like policy of coming along and taking everything of value you have, ravaging your women and killing everyone still standing when they leave, which aside from being more intrusive than the IRS, is much harder to delay in tax court and appeals for years on end.
So as the proprietor of the Sovereign Travel Agency, don't you think that you should be recommending that he leave the women and children at home?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

webhick wrote:So as the proprietor of the Sovereign Travel Agency, don't you think that you should be recommending that he leave the women and children at home?
If she is neck-deep in the koolade, why should the sovrun wife be left at home? In this day and age of equal rights, I fully support her right to be government-free in the streets of Mogadishu with her knuckle-head husband.

I know that situations develop where women get brow-beaten into going along with everything that their idiot husband wants to do, even if they know its going to end in disaster for the family. But there comes a point in time when the "stand-by-your-man" defense no longer applies. Doreen Hendrickson comes to mind as one woman who should have been in jail a long time ago.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff