Sovereign cert denied

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Sovereign cert denied

Post by Demosthenes »

In a case where review was denied, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit dismissed claims by New York corrections officers who claimed that they were members of the Moorish American Religion, which taught that Moors were exempt from taxation (Bey v. New York, N.Y., U.S., No. 11-1340, cert. denied 6/25/12).
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Sovereign cert denied

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Me say Bey
Me say Bey
Me say BEY-O
IRS come and
Bey want go home
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

This case has been kicking around the NY courts forever. The idiot former COs in question claimed sovrun exempt status on their W4s for a couple of years in the mid-90s. They were discovered and fired after hearings. They first sued in the late 90s and lost on summary judgment. They filed again in the early 2000s, pro se so the case dragged on and on. They finally lost again on summary judgment, this time on res judicata grounds as a result of the first suit. The Second Circuit summary order over which the Supreme Court just denied cert was an affirmance of that DC order.

I wouldn't bet that it will end here - but, if not, it will end shortly, when these morons are declared vexatious litigants.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Oddly enough NYC jail/prison staff have been claiming Moorish tax exemption for many years - well over a dozen years - and continue to do so, notwithstanding consistent defeats which you'd think would be known within the cult. It seems a little daunting that correction officers are, themselves, flouting the law while they are supposed to be rehabbing other law breakers. Also raises the question that if these officers are sufficiently brainwashed to try these always rejected arguments in court, might they also be bending the rules in favor of inmates who belong to the same cult.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

wserra wrote:This case has been kicking around the NY courts forever. The idiot former COs in question claimed sovrun exempt status on their W4s for a couple of years in the mid-90s. They were discovered and fired after hearings. They first sued in the late 90s and lost on summary judgment. They filed again in the early 2000s, pro se so the case dragged on and on. They finally lost again on summary judgment, this time on res judicata grounds as a result of the first suit. The Second Circuit summary order over which the Supreme Court just denied cert was an affirmance of that DC order.

I wouldn't bet that it will end here - but, if not, it will end shortly, when these morons are declared vexatious litigants.

Here's another example - the Moorish claim to Turtle Island. Here is a little history about it.