'Admiralty jurisdiction' protester tasered by marshals.

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: 'Admiralty jurisdiction' protester tasered by marshals.

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

That article said various interesting things. He lives with mum who is on welfare for a disability. He did an "Alford" plea bargain (which I'm off to look up) so he doesn't get convicted of a felony and lose his right to carry a weapon, I suspect.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

He is certainly a "sovereign." He lives off of his mother (in the basement, I'll bet). When he rides his "bike" (bicycle I'll bet), he straps on his pistol. Of course, he does not need a driver's license, if my guess is correct. He doesn't need to pay taxes since he has no income and apparently no job.

This pathetic fellow is about as sovereign as my beautiful German Short-hair and a lot less useful, supportive, and attractive.

As we write about and discuss sovereigns, it is interesting to note how few really are attempting to live without interference, off of the grid, independent of the governmental resources the rest of us take for granted.

So far, many if not most appear to either leech off of a relative (parent) or the government and others seem to be rather simply con artists of one stripe or another.

Of course, a few -- often the more dangerous--actually are retreating to their mountain or desert bolt holes, waiting for the collapse. I wonder how many of the "preppers" we see on various TV shows are also attempting to be "sovereign?"
"My Health is Better in November."
ArthurWankspittle

My reading is an Alford plea counts as a guilty plea, so, unless the charges got reduced to a misdemeanour (is that correct or even possible?) the he still counts as having committed a felony so loses his 2nd amendment right to carry. My feeling is that someone on the prosecution side has not realised the seriousness of the consequences with this idiot.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

notorial dissent wrote:The old saying, "You can't fix stupid" would definitely seem to apply here.

I would say Mommy has a seriously valid fear. I think numb nutz is heading in that direction, and is well on his way to becoming a Darwin object lesson.

I would also say it is a safe bet that he was already on the local LEO's watch list long before his brief brush with stardom.

I can't muster up too much sympathy for mom and her fears, right though they may be, given that she was at the courthouse smirking and egging him on during his filming and taser adventure and then spent quite a bit of time defending him on the internet.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Considering that I more than suspect that Mommy dearest is probably largely if not wholly responsible for the way he is behaving, I don't think she has anyone but herself, and probably whoever the putative father for his current state and behavior.

My only preference in the matter being that he not be the cause of loss of life or injury to some innocent third party, and to that end I am hoping for a felony conviction and loss of right to possess a fire arm, as he so definitely is not someone I would want armed. I'm really surprised that he didn't try to enter the court with one, truth be told.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
searcher

Post by searcher »

@ > Of course, a few -- often the more dangerous--actually are retreating to their mountain or desert bolt holes, waiting for the collapse.
Alfred Adask recently retreated to the Oregon mountains. "Actually" I am told, he retreated to the "State of Jefferson." Does anyone know what the Capitol of the "State of Jefferson" is ??
ArthurWankspittle

Had a few more thoughts on this and had to re-watch the video to check something. First, he used to drive. But, he's had a few issues over that so he's riding a bike these days. Another sovereign citizen freedom to travel victory no doubt. Next, we haven't had sentence yet have we? He has done a deal to keep out of jail but I'm guessing it's probation with conditions like not going out on his bike at night. But it will be a battery offence and a felony. So once sentence is passed some unfortunate LE officer(s) will have to face up to this idiot illegally carrying a gun, or is this guy all hat and no cattle, and meekly gives in every time the law catches up with him? Him no longer driving suggests the latter, deep down he isn't really drinking the Kool-Aid when he knows he faces 5 years for illegal possession of a weapon. Expect lots more paper idiocy and YouTube bluster but no action.

Alford plea.
Having done a little reading up, this is going to be more common from sovereign types. It will allow them to pretend they are innocent while the ebil gubberment oppresses them. Expect lots more in the future.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

searcher wrote:@ > Of course, a few -- often the more dangerous--actually are retreating to their mountain or desert bolt holes, waiting for the collapse.
Alfred Adask recently retreated to the Oregon mountains. "Actually" I am told, he retreated to the "State of Jefferson." Does anyone know what the Capitol of the "State of Jefferson" is ??
The so-called "State of Jefferson" is in northern California/southern Oregon. It has been proposed as an actual state at least three different times; but it has never had any serious prospects of becoming an actual state, except in the fevered minds of sovruns who take the approach "if we build it, it will become real." Of course, they have as much chance of success as the Miami Marlins have of going 162-0 in the 2013 baseball season....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
searcher wrote:@ > Of course, a few -- often the more dangerous--actually are retreating to their mountain or desert bolt holes, waiting for the collapse.
Yreka was the proposed capitol.
The so-called "State of Jefferson" is in northern California/southern Oregon. It has been proposed as an actual state at least three different times; but it has never had any serious prospects of becoming an actual state, except in the fevered minds of sovruns who take the approach "if we build it, it will become real." Of course, they have as much chance of success as the Miami Marlins have of going 162-0 in the 2013 baseball season....
Having grown up in the area I feel I can safely say that the State of Jefferson is/was far more real than sovereign baloney. That's not to say that there was any chance of the statehood proposal succeeding, but it generated much more organized public interest among the local population than the sovereign citizen scam could ever hope to do. The area is largely rural and economically depressed, and most of the complaints which led to the statehood proposal still exist today. Those economic problems are also the reason why the state of Jefferson would be a disaster if it ever got off the ground (which it won't).

You have to admit though, "secession every Thursday" is a great slogan.
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Had a few more thoughts on this and had to re-watch the video to check something. First, he used to drive. But, he's had a few issues over that so he's riding a bike these days. Another sovereign citizen freedom to travel victory no doubt. Next, we haven't had sentence yet have we? He has done a deal to keep out of jail but I'm guessing it's probation with conditions like not going out on his bike at night. But it will be a battery offence and a felony. So once sentence is passed some unfortunate LE officer(s) will have to face up to this idiot illegally carrying a gun, or is this guy all hat and no cattle, and meekly gives in every time the law catches up with him? Him no longer driving suggests the latter, deep down he isn't really drinking the Kool-Aid when he knows he faces 5 years for illegal possession of a weapon. Expect lots more paper idiocy and YouTube bluster but no action.

Alford plea.
Having done a little reading up, this is going to be more common from sovereign types. It will allow them to pretend they are innocent while the ebil gubberment oppresses them. Expect lots more in the future.
From what I have seen, it looks like the plea was to a misdemeanor. I don't know if he was ever charged with a felony, but in my jurisdiction the prosecutor will often reduce a "questionable" felony charge to a misdemeanor. I suspect that is what happened here. No worries about guns, in this neck of the woods we all have several. Ammunition is getting in short supply though.
ArthurWankspittle

Montana Notasovrun wrote:From what I have seen, it looks like the plea was to a misdemeanor. I don't know if he was ever charged with a felony....
Three counts of battery for trying to push past the bailiffs, IIRC. Is that a felony or does it go on some sort of level of the offence?
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Montana Notasovrun wrote:From what I have seen, it looks like the plea was to a misdemeanor. I don't know if he was ever charged with a felony....
Three counts of battery for trying to push past the bailiffs, IIRC. Is that a felony or does it go on some sort of level of the offence?
I really couldn't speak to that, but as you could see from the video, there wasn't much of an offense and a jury might not have convicted. I suspect the charge was amended. In Montana, we have misdemeanor assault as well as felony assault, aggravated assault, and assault with a weapon. The severity of the offense dictates the charge. I am not familiar with the statutory hierarchy in Idaho. My guess, by the nature of the sentence, is that he was sentenced for a misdemeanor. We are seeing some of these same type on my side of the border and they all act like they just discovered this wonderful "secret". I guess they don't know about Rodney Skurdal and his infamous band of not so "freemen". My fear is that escalation of their paranoia, just like Skurdal, will make things dangerous. Things could get serious around here. Skurdal started with simple driving offenses and picked up steam as he went along.
searcher

Post by searcher »

No! No! No!
His BIG mistake was, not putting everyone on notice that he was appearing in the proper person. IF he had done that, everyone would have understood EXACTLY what he was saying.
searcher

Post by searcher »

Oh my !! I forgot, You cannot appear in the proper person if you are not a person. DARN IT.