'Admiralty jurisdiction' protester tasered by marshals.

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: 'Admiralty jurisdiction' protester tasered by marshals.

Post by Burnaby49 »

One comment on this guy, he seems like an outlier demographically. Sovereigns seem to start their nonsense somewhat later than our 21 year-old bycycle-boy. While you have Cox and a few other younger nutjobs this guy is pushing the limits for starting to destroy his life early. Maybe he got into it through mommy.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

rogfulton wrote:Also found an article on some website called Strange Beaver.

http://www.strangebeaver.com/2012/09/sm ... urt-house/
From the comments to that article:
Fan of the balliff wrote: Just curious was it him or his person who was tazed?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

If you watch all 4 videos, earlier in the adventure when he was otherwise making an ass of himself, he said, "not like I've never been tased before"

Obviously not enough to learn anything.

I just gotta say, I could watch that over and over again. Now that's entertainment.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

This video is going viral on the law enforcement forums.
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I'd appreciate links to the other videos involving this nitwit.

Does anyone know who he is? Does he have a website?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

fortinbras wrote:I'd appreciate links to the other videos involving this nitwit.

Does anyone know who he is? Does he have a website?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=pg0YotIQ8Ww

Get some popcorn and enjoy!
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Thanks

http://www.kxly.com/news/north-idaho-ne ... index.html

His name is Robert Peterson, he is 21 years old, and he was in court on a charge of riding his bike at night without a headlamp. I would figure that's maybe a $25 fine, if that much. But Robert had to turn it into a felony by assaulting courtroom guards. He is being held (I assume that means he's locked up) on $50,000 bail (!) and awaiting trial next month. Being tazed may sound extreme, but the guards proved that they're very capable of protecting the court staff from intruders.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Burnaby49 wrote:One comment on this guy, he seems like an outlier demographically. Sovereigns seem to start their nonsense somewhat later than our 21 year-old bycycle-boy. While you have Cox and a few other younger nutjobs this guy is pushing the limits for starting to destroy his life early. Maybe he got into it through mommy.
Judging from the way that mommy was smirking at the way that her son was Standing Up To The Evil Minions of the Illegitimate Corporate Government, and her comments about her son in connection with the story, I'd say that that's a safe bet.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This video is getting some props - for the courthouse security men - on a police-type website, where one comment is that Peterson seems to have "frostbite of the brain":

http://www.policeone.com/courthouse-sec ... courtroom/

and also:
http://www.policeone.com/police-trainer ... as-it-all/

and also:
http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol ... idaho.aspx

The arrest took place on August 23rd, so when I said his trial is "next month" it means this month, but I am not sure if it already took place. He is charged with 3 counts of battery on a policeman - presumably his touching the guards when he tried to push past them - and one count of contempt of court. Apparently he does not have a website of his own.
Last edited by fortinbras on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:One comment on this guy, he seems like an outlier demographically. Sovereigns seem to start their nonsense somewhat later than our 21 year-old bycycle-boy. While you have Cox and a few other younger nutjobs this guy is pushing the limits for starting to destroy his life early. Maybe he got into it through mommy.
Judging from the way that mommy was smirking at the way that her son was Standing Up To The Evil Minions of the Illegitimate Corporate Government, and her comments about her son in connection with the story, I'd say that that's a safe bet.
And if he's doing what he does because he's been taught that way by Mommie, he's an "outlier" in another sense as well: psychologically.

As many regulars here are aware, my 25 cent psychology theory is that many or maybe even MOST tax protester nutjobs -- and sovereign nutjobs -- are subconsciously and pathologically acting out, or trying to work through, or trying to resolve, a problem that has lingered from early childhood with an Authority Figure -- with a parent or parental figure. In other words, they are engaged in a transference: a "redirection of feelings and desires and especially of those unconsciously retained from childhood toward a new object" (a Webster's Dictionary definition). For example, little Johnny has an unresolved issue with Daddy, and he's subconsciously taking it out on the IRS, or the Federal Reserve System, or whatever. I recall that in the wartime psychological analysis done for the U.S. Office of Strategic Services (the forerunner of the CIA) on Adolf Hitler, the psychologist theorized that Hitler was subconsciously transferring his affectionate feelings for his mother to the entire nation of Germany, and was transferring his bitterness and anger toward his abusive, tyrannical father to the entire nation of Austria.

But the Wackadooster Du Jour who is the subject of this thread might not be doing something like that. If the little feller is just doin' what Mommie taught him, then his deal would be not so much an unresolved problem with his childhood relationship with Mommie. Instead, his problem could be that Mommie just taught him the wrong lessons.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

fortinbras wrote:His name is Robert Peterson, he is 21 years old, and he was in court on a charge of riding his bike at night without a headlamp. I would figure that's maybe a $25 fine, if that much. But Robert had to turn it into a felony by assaulting courtroom guards. He is being held (I assume that means he's locked up) on $50,000 bail (!) and awaiting trial next month. Being tazed may sound extreme, but the guards proved that they're very capable of protecting the court staff from intruders.
What I find amusing is, if I've got this right, he's facing a criminal contempt charge because, instead of appearing in court to answer the "bike without a light charge", he was busy getting Tasered and getting arrested for assault.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:As many regulars here are aware, my 25 cent psychology theory is that many or maybe even MOST tax protester nutjobs -- and sovereign nutjobs -- are subconsciously and pathologically acting out, or trying to work through, or trying to resolve, a problem that has lingered from early childhood with an Authority Figure -- with a parent or parental figure. In other words, they are engaged in a transference: a "redirection of feelings and desires and especially of those unconsciously retained from childhood toward a new object" (a Webster's Dictionary definition). For example, little Johnny has an unresolved issue with Daddy, and he's subconsciously taking it out on the IRS, or the Federal Reserve System, or whatever. I recall that in the wartime psychological analysis done for the U.S. Office of Strategic Services (the forerunner of the CIA) on Adolf Hitler, the psychologist theorized that Hitler was subconsciously transferring his affectionate feelings for his mother to the entire nation of Germany, and was transferring his bitterness and anger toward his abusive, tyrannical father to the entire nation of Austria.
And all this time I thought they were just idiots.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I like WES's explanation better, its simpler and to the point.

I think it is obvious his mommy didn't tell him "NO" often enough, or maybe at all, as he insists on acting like a petulant two year old. No wonder he got spanked.

And I really think idiots will suffice as a description.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

But it's so very classic; how to turn a minor ticket that the judge quite possibly would have dismissed (provided this bozo didn't have a history with law enforcement; something he certainly has now) into a felony. And a remarkably stupid mother who really isn't helping anything--is she so stupid she thinks that none of the court officers will read those comments? So when will she insist on bringing a camera into her son's hearing?

Can't wait for the next installment. Haven't laughed so hard since Fairbanks, where tourists are constantly pushed to buy a can of "Cap'n Joe's Smoked Sockeye Salmon" for $10. The fact that smoked sockeye is what they feed to the dogs is indicative of the Alaskan sense of humor.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I was just disappointed that he didn't say, "Don't taze me, bro", thus setting himself up for a lawsuit from the original idiot coiner of that phrase.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'm off today and I might just spend the whole day watching this. It's better than "America's dumbest home videos".
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

He is still facing felony charges ...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/defiant-armed- ... d=18154374

... his being photographed with a gun, presumably while out on bail awaiting trial, is not going to help him. Neither does making dark hints about resorting to violence. Even if he doesn't go to prison, he will henceforth be regarded by the local constabulary as a potential Jerry Kane.
notorial dissent

The old saying, "You can't fix stupid" would definitely seem to apply here.

I would say Mommy has a seriously valid fear. I think numb nutz is heading in that direction, and is well on his way to becoming a Darwin object lesson.

I would also say it is a safe bet that he was already on the local LEO's watch list long before his brief brush with stardom.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

He is facing prison of up to two years, plus maybe a bit more for contempt of court (and, at the rate he's going, there may soon be additional contempt charges). Conviction of a felony supposedly keeps him from ever having a gun again, but I think it's sort of obvious how likely he would comply with that restriction. His attitude - "I am always right and I don't even have to be polite to other people" - will probably get some negative feedback inside the slammer. Two years of durance vile, particularly since he's only 22 and evidently not very intimidating absent a gun, is a hell of a substitute for charm school.
notorial dissent

I don't suspect he is going to be in for a fun time if he goes to jail, too big a mouth, too much attitude, and too little sense.

At the rate he is going, he may be in jail a good deal longer than the two years he is facing currently. He strikes me as the type who has a lot of talent in shooting himself in the foot.

Like I said, you can't fix stupid.