Tim Turner indicted!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Tim Turner indicted!

Post by fortinbras »

It appears that the RuSA crowd is abandoning Tim Turner to muddle through his criminal case on his own, relying on amateur Sovrun type legal gibberish, rather than helping him get a lawyer.

His present situation: He has filed a flurry of Sovrun-type pleadings and motions with the court, all of which are futile. Just about any graduate of any law school would improve his prospects, but apparently he has been persuaded to go bareback.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, considering this particular groups attitude about lawyers, that isn't a real surprise.

Now I was under the impression that Jimmy Tim had a court appointed lawyer, could be wrong, could have changed, but don't think so, whether he wanted one or not, primarily because he had filed a whole flurry of nonsense to start with and the judge wasn't having any and told him no more and not unless filed through the attorney, which Jimmy Tim promptly ignored.

As to left to his own devices, yeah, pretty much, as they really really don't believe in lawyers, spawn of the devil and all that, he wouldn't listen to one anyway, as he has already shown, and I think the little fish are getting really nervous on their own behalf and if putting him out at the dining front will delay their turns, then so much the better, as there is nothing quite so useless as a failed prophet and ex-pretend President for life.

Besides, what would they pay for one with? FRUSA centimes?? Since I don't think any of them have the proverbial pot at this point. I'm quite sure that whatever treasury they might have had, Jimmy Tim got to long ago.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

RuSA leaders have been begging for donations for Turner's legal defense. Recently, someone said they found a lawyer who would go up against the corporate government, but they need to pay him $150,000 before he will start. I can't recall the details, but I was under the impression that they had raised a substantial amount already. What pops into my mind is $25,000, but I'm not sure.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

New info on the fundraising for Prexy Turner! In the "RICG - Executive Call" on Jan. 7 (http://tinyurl.com/az9leud), a woman handling the donations says they have raised nearly $12,000, but they need $300,000 to hire a San Diego attorney.

She also said she's using that money to help Turner's wife with food and rent.
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

gatsby wrote:New info on the fundraising for Prexy Turner! In the "RICG - Executive Call" on Jan. 7 (http://tinyurl.com/az9leud), a woman handling the donations says they have raised nearly $12,000, but they need $300,000 to hire a San Diego attorney.

She also said she's using that money to help Turner's wife with food and rent.
I am not sure what I find more amazing:

(1) That people in RuSA are so deluded that they actually sent enough money to add up to $12k
OR
(2) That they thought they had a hope in the world of raising $300k

I also listened to the conference call and did you notice RuSA members are starting to ask "difficult" questions? Like why is 300k such a big deal when they are told they have funders in the wings with billions of tons in gold? And did you notice all the questions about whether RuSA is the "real" government and why does RuSA refuse to issue paperwork declaring its the real government (real answer: they are now all afraid of getting arrested and being the next Turner)?

I personally wonder whether the "San Diego" lawyer is real or just a story made up so when they don't raise the money, they have something to blame. It seems kind of strange for RuSA to go full sovereign insanity paperwork blitz on the court and then decide to use a legitimate lawyer, but only one that costs more than the networth of most of its members combined. Plus, they claim the lawyer states he can get all the charges dropped - what real lawyer is going to promise that with charges of this nature - even for 300k?
notorial dissent

All really good questions, with no real good answers, at least for FRUSA.

In the first place, the likelihood of Jimmy Tim getting off, even with a for real, very good, legit attorney, is somewhere in the realm of "not gonna happen", to "boy you've got a real sense of humor", and there is even less of a chance of getting any, let alone all, of the charges dropped.

No real attorney is going to make that kind of promise in the first place.

I can't think of any one on the coast who would be willing to have a go at this, unless maybe they've come in contact with PAM, which sounds about like what he would quote them, and he would certainly make that claim considering his current win loss record!!!!! But he is the only one I can think of on the coast right now.

I also suspect the $12k is closer to what they might have dug out of their jelly jars and found under their couch cushions, and that won't go very far at all. I don't think things are going to go well for Mrs. Jimmy Tim.

Maybe the light is beginning to glimmer with a few of them by, anything is possible.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote:I can't think of any one on the coast who would be willing to have a go at this
Hell, I'd represent the guy for $300K.

'Course, I'd insist on full payment up front, and wait for any allegedly negotiable instruments I received to clear before putting in a notice of appearance.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

So no FRUSA doubloons, or whatever they were going to call their pretend currency, and no NESARA gonna be rich any day now promissory notes, or sovrun POMC's, huh???? Then you'll probably be waiting a long long time for your money from the looks of things.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

You guys are forgetting someone we know is out on the west coast, who would without a doubt promise a win, someone who is likely to quote $300k, and someone who is a lawyer (of sorts). Its our old pal, tribal lawyer, Luis Ewing. Bet you one Rusa dubloon that I'm right.
notorial dissent

While the bombast and nerve does sound a great deal like our ole buddy Screwy Louis, and he'd certainly take the money, and would more than likely make the claim, I thought he was strictly a Washington boy, and I can't imagine PAM tolerating another loon of the first water sharing his territory.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Turner faces a possible maximum sentence of 164 years (plus a fine of more than $2M). He's 58 years old so even a third of that will be a capital sentence.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/Sept ... -1126.html

It appears that, apart from some prayers (and prayers on the RuSA's conference calls are substantial things, with God having to be reminded in some detail what's going on down here), the RuSA is letting him twist in the wind. Turner was a lot of things, including entertainment, but I think death in prison is a bit too ugly for him.
notorial dissent

All things considered, there isn't a whole lot they realistically can do. I personally doubt that most of the RUSA fruitcakes can barely make their monthly rent and car payment, and don't have a whole lot to spare for Jimmy Tim when it comes right down to it.

The fact that he spent most of his tenure as fake President for Life trying to scam his fellow fruitcakes out of as much money as he could, really speaks the most eloquently of his character. I rather suspect, that as he goes to trial, a lot more of his enterprises will come to light, which should enhance him even more in the eyes of his former followers. It would appear that he has spent his life moving from one scam to another, so this is just his swan song it would seem.
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

fortinbras wrote:Turner faces a possible maximum sentence of 164 years (plus a fine of more than $2M). He's 58 years old so even a third of that will be a capital sentence.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/Sept ... -1126.html

It appears that, apart from some prayers (and prayers on the RuSA's conference calls are substantial things, with God having to be reminded in some detail what's going on down here), the RuSA is letting him twist in the wind. Turner was a lot of things, including entertainment, but I think death in prison is a bit too ugly for him.

Timmy is a con man and deserves jail but 164 years or even a third of that seems really excessive. It troubles me that he might get that sentence when child molesters and murderers don't seem to get anywhere near that
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

ashlynne39 wrote:You guys are forgetting someone we know is out on the west coast, who would without a doubt promise a win, someone who is likely to quote $300k, and someone who is a lawyer (of sorts). Its our old pal, tribal lawyer, Luis Ewing. Bet you one Rusa dubloon that I'm right.
It may well be that this Ewing has become involved. On a RuSA Conference Call about ten days ago, Turner's contact said that, so far, she's collected less than $12,000 but they need $300,000 to hire the only attorney (unnamed) who "says he can win", who is in San Diego. Frankly with $300Gs I could probably arrange a jailbreak for Turner, but $300Gs is something like 3 years' earnings for most lawyers - so you can guess my opinion. Even Mark Lane, who is a swine, charged a lot less to take Bob Schulz's We The People all the way to the Supreme Court (losing every step of the way).
notorial dissent

Bear in mind, these are also the same geniuses who believe that someone is going to give them a gazillion dollars in gold to bank roll their pretend government. Their gullibility quotient is what could charitably be called high. I think it is safe to say that their BS discriminators are permanently off line, if they were ever installed to begin with, which I think is a better bet.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

fortinbras wrote:Turner was a lot of things, including entertainment, but I think death in prison is a bit too ugly for him.
I'm not so sure. He willingly taught others how to defraud and essentially chip away at the financial foundation of the United States government.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

ashlynne39 wrote:Timmy is a con man and deserves jail but 164 years or even a third of that seems really excessive. It troubles me that he might get that sentence when child molesters and murderers don't seem to get anywhere near that
Yes, but his indictment -- and I realize everyone here knows this -- contained multiple charges. Some of them appear to be unrelated to each other, so the government isn't piling on charges for a single incident. Prexy Tim had to work hard to warrant all of these charges.

From the DOJ press release:
A federal grand jury in Montgomery, Ala., charged James Timothy Turner, also known as Tim Turner, with conspiracy to defraud the United States, attempting to pay taxes with fictitious financial instruments, attempting to obstruct and impede the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), failing to file a 2009 federal income tax return and falsely testifying under oath in a bankruptcy proceeding....
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the text for the tenth count of the indictment against "Jimmy Timmy" Turner:
On or about November 5, 2008, within the Middle District of Alabama, Defendant JAMES TIMOTHY TURNER made a false material statement under oath in and in relation to a case under Title 11 of the United States Code, namely In re. Stage Door Development Inc., Case No. 07-11638-DHW, in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Middle District of Alabama. Specifically, Defendant JAMES TIMOTHY TURNER falsely testified under oath that he had paid $5,000,000 (5 Million Dollars) to Citizens Bank on behalf of the debtor, "J.M.," when, in fact, Defendant JAMES TIMOTHY TURNER then and there knew he had not made said payment.

All in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 152(2).
--from the Indictment, docket entry 1, September 12, 2012, United States v. James Timothy Turner, case no. 1:12-cr-00169-MHT-WC, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama.

And here is some background -- from the Court order disallowing "Jimmy Timmy's" claim in the bankruptcy case:
ORDER DISALLOWING CLAIM

The debtor filed an objection to Claim #20 of James Timothy Turner. The objection came on for an evidentiary hearing on November 5, 2008. Turner appeared pro se at the hearing, and the debtor [Stage Door Development, Inc.] appeared through counsel. Upon consideration of the objection and the evidence adduced at the hearing, the court finds and concludes as follows.

Turner filed a claim in the amount of $5 million asserting that after the debtor filed chapter 11, Turner paid in part or in full a debt owed by the debtor to Citizens Bank. The claim is due to be disallowed for the following reasons.

First, there is no evidence that the claim was paid in legal tender. As sole evidence of payment, Turner produced a “bonded promissory note” drawn by him on the Treasury of the United States. The note was not issued by or on behalf of the United States. Turner contends that, as a citizen of the United States, he has authority to commit treasury funds for a private debt. The court concludes that the note does not constitute legal tender.

Second, there is no evidence that Citizens Bank has been paid. The claim of Citizens Bank has not been withdrawn, and there is no evidence that the claim has been assigned, to any extent, to Turner. Fed. R. Bankr. Proc. 3001(e)(2) sets forth the procedure for assignment of a claim. Turner has not followed this procedure.

Third, if this “bonded promissory note” constitutes a postpetition loan to the debtor, the parties did not obtain court approval for the loan as required under 11 U.S.C. § 364.

For the above reasons, Claim No. 20 filed by James Timothy Turner is DISALLOWED.

Done this 6 day of November, 2008.

/s/ Dwight H. Williams, Jr.
United States Bankruptcy Judge
--docket entry 151, Nov. 6, 2008, In re Stage Door Development, Inc., case no. 07-11638-DHW, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Alabama.

It would take a particular brand of stupidity to do something like this in open court before a Federal bankruptcy judge. If it turns out that this is true, Jimmy Timmy is definitely not going to be considered the brightest bulb on the tree.

:brickwall:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Famspear wrote:It would take a particular brand of stupidity to do something like this in open court before a Federal bankruptcy judge. If it turns out that this is true, Jimmy Timmy is definitely not going to be considered the brightest bulb on the tree.

:brickwall:
Ah, but that is exactly the point. Jimmy Tim has spent his life, at least as near as I can tell, as a griftor and conman. Before he invented his pretend President for Life gig, he was selling one version or another of "you don't have to pay taxes if you buy my system" to the dim and gullible. I've never heard how good at it he was, evidence would indicate that it like everything else he has attempted, was only fair. I never said he was a good griftor or conman, just that he was. he has been pushing various sovrun redemptionist nonsense most recently, which would go along with the bonded promissory not and the gibberish he has recently filed in his court case. i suspect this is just a case of all of his chickens coming home to roost at the same time and thus the immense sentence.

Admittedly, there are a lot of others who really deserve a long stretch away from us all, but no one ever said life was fair, and I really see no reason for sympathy for Jimmy Tim, as I figure he has probably done enough damage over the years, even as inept as he is, to deserve what he gets.
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

gatsby wrote:
fortinbras wrote:Turner was a lot of things, including entertainment, but I think death in prison is a bit too ugly for him.
I'm not so sure. He willingly taught others how to defraud and essentially chip away at the financial foundation of the United States government.
Given the state of our financial foundation and the arrow pointing straight at washington for getting us where we are, what con man timmy has done is a mere blip on the radar so I don't think your argument holds up. I'm not saying timmy hasn't done wrong. He absolutely deserves jail and a real sentence at that. But in general I'm troubled that when I read these stories here about frauds and scammers it seems they get stiffer sentences than some violent offenders. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.