Tim Turner indicted!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: Tim Turner indicted!

Post by Cathulhu »

Forty-odd years ago I had a REAL get out of jail free card. I was dating a bail bondsman. It was his business card, and all I had to do was call. Never used it. Never got busted.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

wserra wrote:You've got the Court's undivided attention, Timmy. Offhand, I would say that's a bad thing, but to each his own.
Ya think????? Offhand, I'd say you got it in one. A VERY bad thing indeed! Poor judge, one on one time with Timmy Jim, just what everyone dreams of, or more likely has nightmares about.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

A new docket entry in Prexy Tim's criminal case:

02/08/2013 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Honorable Judge Wallace Capel, Jr: Off the Record Telephone Conference as to James Timothy Turner held on 2/8/2013 (PDF available for court use only) (kcg, ) (Entered: 02/08/2013)

A wild guess: Another discussion about Turner's desire to hire a fool to represent him. :lol:
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

fortinbras wrote:Sometimes judges, at their discretion because this is not something that the defendant can demand as of right, will provide "standby counsel" - a lawyer for the defendant who wants to go pro se. The defendant can confer with the lawyer for advice, instructions, etc., and the lawyer might take over the defense if the defendant realizes he's in over his head - or if the defendant throws some sort of tantrum and has to be removed from the courtroom, but this lawyer is not supposed to speak unless spoken to.
The judge is providing standby counsel for Turner:

01/30/2013 62 ORDER as to James Timothy Turner: Status Conference set for 3/8/2013 10:00 AM in Courtroom 2FMJ before Honorable Judge Myron H. Thompson. Again, the government is to arrange for the presence of defendant Turner at the status conference; standby defense counsel is to be present; and government counsel are to be present. Signed by Honorable Judge Myron H. Thompson on 1/30/2013. (ag, ) (Entered: 01/30/2013)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The judge might insist on appointing standby counsel for Turner, but there is no way to compel Turner to consult with this standby counsel, much less take his advice. Turner or his go-between proudly reported to the RuSA conference call about 2 weeks ago that Turner "has fired his lawyer", so it appears that Turner is determined to ignore the standby counsel. It is never a good idea for someone to be his own lawyer - even if he is a lawyer himself (I can tell you stories about lawyers in a jam who did badly simply because they couldn't see the Big Picture).

Turner's trial is about a month away and, my frank opinion, Turner has already, with his own submissions, so damaged himself that even Clarence Darrow couldn't salvage his defense in the time remaining. It is significant to remember that Turner is on trial for perjury and fraud that had nothing to do with his RuSA activities.
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

An interesting turn of events...last weeks RuSA fruitcake call the update on the Fake President said that he has "regrettably" made the decision to get a lawyer. I am not sure if they are referring to the "lawyer on standby" as referenced above, they made it sound like he was actually doing the sane thing and getting a lawyer. Of course, Chief RuSA propagandist Kelby Smith was quick to comment that this was a most grave state of affairs, as by getting a lawyer your contracting with the corporation!

The other interesting thing of note is that Fake President Tim wants RuSA members to send him all their "proof" of "discharging debt" - hes going to be using these documents I guess to prove that the UCC-1/accepted for value/associated scams that hes promoted work thus he didnt do anything wrong. Of course we already know what hes going to get, lots of people claiming to have sent off paperwork and then "won" because the company didnt respond with X days or whatever insane time limit they set. Meanwhile as far as the company is concerned they sent gibberish and things are going along as normal.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

LightinDarkness wrote:An interesting turn of events...last weeks RuSA fruitcake call the update on the Fake President said that he has "regrettably" made the decision to get a lawyer. I am not sure if they are referring to the "lawyer on standby" as referenced above
As far as the docket shows, it's standby counsel. Two days ago, the govt and standby counsel filed proof that, as the Court had ordered, Timmy got access to a laptop, so that he could review the discovery (provided in electronic form) and (ahem) "prepare". There is nothing since, and certainly no notice of appearance from anyone retained.

'Course, these nitwits don't know the difference between standby counsel and Council Bluffs.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

wserra wrote:'Course, these nitwits don't know the difference between standby counsel and Council Bluffs.
Accurate and true, but really sad.

Since all Jimmy Tim has, at the moment, is standby council, he is still free to make an even bigger fool of himself, which he is apparently preparing to do now with both hands and full will.

It would appear that he is going to go the whole sovrunidjit route and file as much nonsense as he can, of course a lot of that may never happen if the judge keeps a close eye on it. I think it is nice of Jimmy Tim to ask the other idjits to document their attempts at fraud for the court so that everyone else can have access to it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I think Turner's strategy is this: He is charged with fraud for churning out funny money and sending it to the IRS as payment for his taxes. BUT if he somehow comes up with evidence that similar funny money (more technically, POMCs = Public Office Money Certificates) has been accepted as payment in other instances, he might wriggle out. So he is soliciting anecdotes from others about how their use of funny money made their debts go away.

Unfortunately, some people think that the debt has been effectively erased by their proffer of funny money when, in fact, the creditor, realizing that he's dealing with cranks, either gives up gentle correspondence in favor of eventually filing a lawsuit.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

LightinDarkness wrote:Of course, Chief RuSA propagandist Kelby Smith was quick to comment that this was a most grave state of affairs, as by getting a lawyer your contracting with the corporation!
This opens the door for Prexy Tim to be declared a traitor as he has joined the corporation! Or, at the very least, he can no longer be trusted. :lol:
LightinDarkness wrote:The other interesting thing of note is that Fake President Tim wants RuSA members to send him all their "proof" of "discharging debt" - hes going to be using these documents I guess to prove that the UCC-1/accepted for value/associated scams that hes promoted work thus he didnt do anything wrong. Of course we already know what hes going to get, lots of people claiming to have sent off paperwork and then "won" because the company didnt respond with X days or whatever insane time limit they set. Meanwhile as far as the company is concerned they sent gibberish and things are going along as normal.
Having listened to some sovcits recount their successes in using "A4V" to pay household bills, I get the impression that it is sometimes successful -- for a short period of time, until someone within a company realizes that a fraudulent instrument was used for payment. So, I don't doubt that some sovcits have received statements that confirm payments received, which they can show to an euphoric YouTube audience.

As for pulling that crap on the IRS, well, they never get past the savvy employees in the Ogden Compliance Services Campus Frivolous Return Program unit:

http://goo.gl/maps/uwN5t :mrgreen:
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

As an aside, when you click on that link to the satellite view of the IRS building in Ogden, for a brief second or two you will see cars in the parking lot. But then the image resets and there's an empty parking lot without a single vehicle.

Google has obviously censored the image by "removing" the vehicles so that sovcit types and others can't use the image to identify IRS employees by their vehicles.
notorial dissent

gatsby wrote: Having listened to some sovcits recount their successes in using "A4V" to pay household bills, I get the impression that it is sometimes successful -- for a short period of time, until someone within a company realizes that a fraudulent instrument was used for payment.
They probably do get away with it, sometimes, for a very short period or time as you say, since most large operations use an automated service that simple pulls whatever has been submitted along with the bill credits it, and sends it for deposit. It can take a fair amount of time to process and return false instruments, and then some human has to manually charge it back to the offending account, which can add to the turn around time, making it look like they got away with it, but in reality, I doubt if more than a bare handful ever really do. It is also highly likely that they are not going to admit that it didn't work, once having made the claim, would ruin their street cred you know, and make them out to be bigger putzes than they already are.

And, as you point out, the IRS has even less of a sense of humor about it, and a much better track record in bouncing them to start.

Alas, I fear fake president for life Jimmy Tim is due to be yet again disappointed, just one in a long line of disappointments to come.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

From the Feb. 15 issue of the Dothan Eagle:

Ozark man facing federal charges to represent himself
A federal judge recently granted a request by Turner to dismiss his attorney, Everett Urech, of Daleville. The court instructed Urech to serve as standby counsel for Turner.

Federal court records show the court also granted a request from Turner for access to a laptop computer containing a database of documents included in the evidence of the case, previously provided to Turner’s defense attorney. The computer has a working CD/DVD drive and Turner’s standby attorney has provided Turner with all the necessary information to prepare for trial.

The extent of Turner’s use of the laptop computer while in custody remains at the discretion of the U.S. Marshals Service.

Turner stated in a handwritten court filing he’s trying to prepare for a trial that’s set to begin on March 18.

“You have been aware that I have been held against my will at the Montgomery County Jail since September 2012,” said Turner in the handwritten court filing. :lol:
http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/article ... f6878.html
notorial dissent

And let the circus begin.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the article quoted above:
“You have been aware that I have been held against my will at the Montgomery County Jail since September 2012,” said Turner in the handwritten court filing.
I can see the makings of an article for The Onion. Just think of the headlines......

Alabama man claims he was held in jail against his will

Shocking allegation revealed in document filed in Federal court

Unconfirmed report that other residents of Montgomery County Jail may be held in similar circumstances

:)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Prexy Tim's new laptop computer accidentally provided him with wireless Internet access? :mrgreen:
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Please tell the People in the Republic I will send a letter as soon as God gives me the words for them. Tell them I love them very much and ask them to pray specifically for the following:

1. God will send his angels and spirits to break the demonic stronghold in the Courts of our land, especially Montgomery District Courts;
2. God will not allow the government judges and lawyers to stack the jury against me as they usually do;
3. God to expose the half-truths and lies being used against me by the government, to the jury clearly. May he cause the jury to get so angry at the prosecutors, agents and court they will unanimously vote "not guilty";
4. God will anoint me with the words to say to win the favor of the jury;
5. God will cause the government agencies to stop pursuing me and let me live in peace and safety.

Please ask them to write these down and read them to God every day until my trial is over. The government has every advantage.

James Timothy Turner
President
Demo.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

It's admirable that he has such a deep faith in God.

It's unfortunate that God rarely intercedes on behalf of those who violate one or more of the Commandments.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

AndyK wrote:It's admirable that he has such a deep faith in God.

It's unfortunate that God rarely intercedes on behalf of those who violate one or more of the Commandments.
Yeah. I'm reminded of one of my favorite passages, which Jimmy Timmy would do well to read.....
Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me , 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it.
--Matthew 7:21-27 (Rev. Stand. Vers.)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

Observers say there's some disturbance in the airspace directly above Montgomery, Ala. It must be from the angels and spirits swooping down from the heavens to save Prexy Tim as the demons return to Hell. :mrgreen: