Tim Turner indicted!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Tim Turner indicted!

Post by fortinbras »

Evidently Jimmy Tim is turning RuSA into a theocracy.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

The most important part of this prayer request was left out:
Donations for President Turner's defense may be sent to:

Kim McDowell
P.O. Box 22
Daleville, Alabama 36322

Please make checks and money orders out to Kim McDowell
:D

The full email is here: http://goo.gl/HmKbt
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

New docket entries in Prexy Tim's criminal case, with links to three of the documents:
02/12/2013 66 NOTICE Regarding Discovery Disclosure by Standby Counsel and by USA as to James Timothy Turner (Gelfand, Justin) (Entered: 02/12/2013)

02/14/2013 67 MOTION to receive Discovery by James Timothy Turner. (ag, ) (Entered: 02/14/2013)

02/15/2013 68 ORDER denying as moot 67 Motion for Discovery as to James Timothy Turner (1). Signed by Honorable Judge Wallace Capel, Jr on 2/15/2013. (ag, ) (Entered: 02/15/2013)

02/15/2013 69 Notice by James Timothy Turner. (ag, ) (Entered: 02/15/2013)
In the last docket entry, Prexy Tim gives notice that he will be calling a "Dr. Joseph A. Newman Ph.D." as an "expert witness" in his trial next month.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And what we wonder, is "Dr. Joseph A. Newman Ph.D." an "expert witness" in? Imaginary governments, fictitious financial instruments, common law magic words and phrases, the mind boggles at the possibilities that Jimmy Tim could come up with. Hopefully the gov't will ask those and other biting questions before the final show begins.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Associate Professor of Accounting at Auburn Unoversity of Montgomery (Alabama) ?

LINK
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

For those following RuSA and Tim Turner, here is a thread at The Fogbow where I'll be posting:

http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&start=25
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Jury is seated, witnesses are being called, and Turner is representing himself.

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/article ... f6878.html
MONTGOMERY – Representing himself on the opening day of his federal trial, James Timothy Turner told the jury he’s been falsely accused by a government afraid of his knowledge.

“I discovered things big Washington doesn’t want you to know,” Turner said in his opening statement. “The people in Washington don’t want you to know what I know.”
Coffee cups down for the next excerpt:
He admitted he may have been mistaken in his understanding of the law but insisted he never willfully defrauded anyone.

“I’ve never been accused of any crime whatsoever,” Turner said before briefly pausing to wipe his eyes with a tissue. “I’ve spent my life helping people, not hurting people. I’ve always been a law-abiding citizen. I can’t find in one of these counts anything I did to violate the law.”
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Turner wrote:“I discovered things big Washington doesn’t want you to know,” Turner said in his opening statement. “The people in Washington don’t want you to know what I know.”
And I agree with the folks in Washington, D.C. I don't want anyone else in the world knowing what you "know." If that were to happen, I think it would set mankind back 10,000 years.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

MONTGOMERY – Representing himself on the opening day of his federal trial, James Timothy Turner told the jury he’s been falsely accused by a government afraid of his knowledge.

“I discovered things big Washington doesn’t want you to know,” Turner said in his opening statement. “The people in Washington don’t want you to know what I know.”
“The government may not prohibit the holding of these beliefs, but it may penalize people who act on them.” Coleman v. Commissioner, 791 F.2d 68, 69 (7th Cir. 1986).

I think the prosecutor will make clear to the jury that Turner is not being prosecuted for what he "knows" (or thinks he knows), but for what he *did*.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent

Considering Jimmy Tim's shall we say less than sterling past, and let's not even get in to his character, I would think that one statement alone would open him up to all sorts of hurt from
"I’ve spent my life helping people, not hurting people. I’ve always been a law-abiding citizen.",
since that is anything but true.

The fact that he
"...can’t find in one of these counts anything I did to violate the law"
is usually, I think, called convenient or convenience myopia.

This is so not going to be a pretty party, except maybe for the prosecution since I suspect Jimmy Tim will be doing a lot of their work for them.

As the saying goes, let the circus begin!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

We do not have "thought crime" in the US. We do have "act crime". however.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

So how does this work in terms of recordings/transcripts of the trial? Is it like all the other court motions in his case where they arent accessible until a few months have passed, and then only for a fee? I would love to get the audio to the three ring circus that is Tim Turners "defense."
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Among other things, Turner is charged with having sent, as a member of the Guardians of the Free Republics, threatening letters to the Governorsof Alabama and other States that demanded that the Governors step down within 3 days or face forcible removal; of sending the IRS, as pretended tax payments, worthless funny money that constituted "fictitious obligations" of the federal govt as well as mail fraud and bank fraud; that he ran 'schools' where he instructed his students to do likewise - which got them into trouble as well.
notorial dissent

I guess those little items rather conveniently slipped pretend pressy Timmy's trap like mind.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Jury verdict. Guilty on 10 counts.
Demo.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The trial took less than two full days including jury deliberations? Did I miss something? I would have thought it would have taken at least that long for the prosecution just to enter evidence even if Turner didn't badger the court with self-representation antics.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Somehow I doubt the jury spent much time deliberating. No real surprise in the verdict either.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

I can't say I am surprised with the verdict, the timing yes, I figured there would have been at least two or three full blown courtroom temper tantrums when Jimmy Tim wasn't allowed to share his fantasy with all and sundry. Sounds like the judge kept a tight leash on things. I always figured Jimmy Tim was so stupid and blatant that it wouldn't be so much a matter of proving the charges as just trotting his actions out for inspection, which is about what it sounds like they did. I will bet all is not well in FRUSA land tonight, let the spinning begin for the ones noit bright enough to see the light and go back under their rocks.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

A report from the Dothan Eagle in Dothan, Alabama:

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/crime_c ... f6878.html
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Ouch, 164 years, guess he showed them with his commercial remedy and all!!!!