Tim Turner indicted!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Tim Turner indicted!

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

LightinDarkness wrote:So now that some time has passed since the sentencing:

(1) Can I get recordings of any part of the trial? ...
You can call the clerk and find out the price of a transcript but be prepared for a shock at the cost. :? Recordings (if there were any retained) would also be under the purview of the clerk/reporter.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Jimmy Tim's sentencing is scheduled for July 29th. He faces a possible maximum of 164 years in prison, although with good behavior that might be cut in half.

http://www.aicpa.org/interestareas/tax/ ... 326-2.aspx
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

You could get some audio plays of Rumpole to listen too.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

Looks like the Republic is making one final, last ditch effort to save President Timmy - this is a long email but look in particular at the parts in bold for the absolutely hilarious parts. Also, they must be more desperate than usual, as it starts out stating they are sending it to anyone who has helped Timmy out but of course I've never done so, I'm just on the normal RuSA propaganda email list.

Let the hilarity begin:
Hello Friends of President James Timothy Turner,

You are receiving this message because you have expressed your support for President James Timothy Turner by either writing a letter for his bond hearing, personal appearance, donations or support the Republic. President Turner greatly appreciates all you have done for him and his family.

We are asking for your assistance once again. First we are asking for those of you willing to appear in court on President Turner's behalf as character witnesses to please send an email to jamesttinfo@gmail.com as soon as possible. President Turner will need to submit a list of witnesses prior to sentencing.

Secondly, it is common for friends and loved ones of those facing sentencing to write letters to the Judge asking for leniency. The prosecutors are asking for 155 years. Our beloved President and friend is facing life in prison. The sentencing is currently scheduled for July 29, 2013.

The memorandum below is to advise you of the proper manner of doing this in terms of when and where to send letters, proper manner of addressing the Judge and some do's and don'ts about content. The letter (but not the envelope) should be addressed to:

Honorable Myron H. Thompson
United States District Judge
United States District Court
Middle District of Alabama
Post Office Box 235
Montgomery, Alabama 36101-0235

The proper manner of addressing the Judge is "Your Honor" or "Dear Judge Myron H. Thompson." The letter should refer to James Timothy Turner by name either between the address and the salutation or in the first sentence. The letter should also contain your return address and the date. Generally, the letter should be between one and three pages long.

As to content of the letter, we want to be able to show the Judge the many positive aspects of James Timothy Turner's character and background. Below is a brief outline that you can use to help you with your letter. Of course, it is important that you write your own letter in your own words. You should identify in the letter how you know James Timothy Turner and for how long. It might be good to include, from personal experience, a specific and heartwarming example of James Timothy Turner's generous, kind, and/or loving character. A more general letter about a lengthy and positive relationship in which James Timothy Turner has been a trustworthy and caring friend or family member is also helpful.

In contrast, it would not be useful to declare that James Timothy Turner is or must be innocent or to express resentment as to his treatment by the government or the Judge; there is always a risk that such sentiments will be attributed to him and be held against him. So as you can see, the focus should be on James Timothy Turner as a person, and not on any feelings as to his guilt or innocence, about whether someone else is really to blame for what has happened to James Timothy Turner, or about the criminal justice system in general.

Very important: Please make sure that you DO NOT MAIL YOUR LETTER DIRECTLY TO THE JUDGE - WE WILL SEND MAILING INSTRUCTIONS AFTER JULY 3RD. This is critical because, although you of course will include in your letter only what you consider to be information that will be helpful to James Timothy Turner at sentencing, there is always a possibility that someone may unintentionally include something that could actually be harmful., James Timothy Turner is representing himself and will want to submit all the letters to the Judge at one time in an organized way.

It is also very important that James Timothy Turner receive your letters as soon as possible prior to sentencing so that he can review them, suggest changes if necessary, receive any revised letters, and organize them all as part of a cohesive sentencing package for James Timothy Turner that can be submitted to the Judge in advance of the sentencing date.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support to James Timothy Turner in this important time.

God Bless you and President Turner

Letter Outline

Dear Judge Thompson;

I. Relationship:
a. In what capacity do you know James Timothy Turner? (i.e. relative, friend, spouse)
b. How long have you known him?
c. Feelings for James Timothy Turner (Important to show love, friendship, respect)

II. General statement of support and character:
a. What good things can you say about James Timothy Turner.
b. Mention character traits (honesty, courage, love, etc. and examples)
c. Offer any personal experiences or insights that may help the Judge understand James Timothy Turner's true character.
d. Include your thoughts about James Timothy Turner's conviction for the law.

III. Conclusion

Respectfully yours,
Your Name
So they are once again turning to the stalwart members of the Fake Republic to help out President Tim. Except that they don't actually trust them enough not to send ranting crackpot style rants to the judge so they won't let you mail it directly to the court. But they are desperate enough that they want you to mail it to them in advance so they can tell you how to change it in case you accidentally tell the judge that he should be fleeing the bench before the sov'run magic that President Tim invoked in his case.

I remember all the blustering that these idiots did when Timmy originally was arrested. Big talk about going to the Hague, the United Nations, arresting the judge in the case and the police that were involved, etc. They made a big deal out of their totally elite legal team involving such big sov'run gurus as Kelby Smith and how they would of course present iron-clad evidence that Tim was innocent and there was no way the government could win. And now here we are, the last dying gasp of Timmy's "defense"...which has been so successful thus far.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I personally would think that appearing in court could well be hazardous to the health of the appearees considering Jimmy Tim's past. Wonder if any of them considered that little detail - probably not!!! Just think of all the damage they could do if asked the proper questions.

The memorandum actually exhibits a modicum of sense for once, and far more than I ever expected from that quarter, not that it will probably sway any of the faithful.

That they need to vet the replies does show a certain lack of shall we say faith in the faithful.

In truth, I think the last thing they need to bring up or attempt to bring up is either Jimmy Tim's character or past at sentencing, as he is in bad enough trouble as it is.

And the hilarity rolls on, downhill, but still rolling.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The unfortunate fact is that most of the letter writers, although they might try to characterize Turner as a friend, will have to admit that they know him only as the supposed pretender to the Presidency, who continues even now to claim that office. Under that situation the judge may decide to give His Excellency his very own taxpayer-provided residence, complete with guards at the front gate, for some multiples of a four-year term.

I had wanted to throw into this mix, my vagrant thought that the RuSA (as well as some other wannabe governments like the Republic of Texas) are really 'cargo cults'. Although I suspect very few genuine cargo cults still persist in the Third/Fourth World, the same delusion seems to possess the RuSA people.
notorial dissent

What would be even worse is that if some of the ones who really know him and have been working with him ended up having to answer questions that should probably be answered by invoking their 5th Amendment rights. I wonder if any of them have thought that far ahead, obvious rhetorical question, of course, none of them acknowledge they are either breaking or conspiring to break the law either, which could have real world consequences if admitted to under oath in court.

Actually, I think the 155 years in the offing, might just be sufficient, although I'd vote for all that the law allowed, consecutively.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

notorial dissent wrote:Actually, I think the 155 years in the offing, might just be sufficient, although I'd vote for all that the law allowed, consecutively.
Such a sentence might be cut in half for good behavior.
notorial dissent

fortinbras wrote:Such a sentence might be cut in half for good behavior.
And how likely is that? Knowing Jimmy Tim I would be willing to bet he is running some new scam, or variation of one of his old ones, almost as soon as he gets settled. You can't fix stupid, and he has shown no evidence of learning anytime in past history. He is first and foremost a con man, and I really doubt that will change.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Actually, that was a joke recycled from a Woody Allen movie. Clearly, a 155 year sentence cut in half is still 77 years, hardly a kindness.

Is anyone going to pick up on my comment about RuSA being a cargo cult?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

fortinbras wrote:Is anyone going to pick up on my comment about RuSA being a cargo cult?
No. Cargo cults at least had a basis for believing that wonderful things would come their way since they had received some benefit or product in the past, little as it was. As far as I know, RuSA has never received anything of any benefit from what they preach. So for them to believe that their dream is going to come true has no basis or reason for doing so.

However, you are welcome to try again and find a better example.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Good point.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

So they are once again turning to the stalwart members of the Fake Republic to help out President Tim. Except that they don't actually trust them enough not to send ranting crackpot style rants to the judge so they won't let you mail it directly to the court. But they are desperate enough that they want you to mail it to them in advance
Pretty standard instructions-- I have seen memos like that from some very reputable criminal lawyers. You want the defendant's F&F to write letters to the judge, but the lawyer wants to submit them all at once, after vetting them to delete the "he's innocent and the corrupt court railroaded him" ones (which you sometimes get even in non-sovereign cases.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Yes, I have seen similar instructions from the defense lawyers in other cases. In this case I would not be surprised if at least one jerk sends a letter threatening the judge .... Would he be more of a jerk to send it direct to the judge or to send it to Turner's lawyers seriously expecting him to pass it along to the judge?
notorial dissent

I'll go you one better, I am willing to believe/bet that more than one jerk has already sent threatening and/or abusive letters to the judge, all of which have been turned over to security by now.

I know judges routinely don't look at any kind of case related mail when they are trying a case, does this still apply in the sentencing phase? I can't see why they would, for all the very same good reasons they don't during a trial.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

When Jimmy Tim finally arrives in prison, I wonder if his cell will be in the West Wing....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:When Jimmy Tim finally arrives in prison, I wonder if his cell will be in the West Wing....
Maybe not, but he will have a self-cleaning "oval office" with fresh running water where he can sit all day. Too bad the seat won't be designed for comfort.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Kestrel wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:When Jimmy Tim finally arrives in prison, I wonder if his cell will be in the West Wing....
Maybe not, but he will have a self-cleaning "oval office" with fresh running water where he can sit all day. Too bad the seat won't be designed for comfort.
He can also use it to make his Pruno (gag)....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

I know the letter writing process is pretty normal, but what didn't seem so normal to me (correct me if I am wrong):

The 360 degree turn around from "our crack legal team headed by Kelby Smith is going to complain to the Hague the UN and Timmy will be free in 48 hours!" (in October 2012) to "Oh god please someone write a letter saying something nice about TImmy so he doesn't get to jail for the rest of his life and please don't say something incredibly stupid on it like start spouting the sov'run gibberish we've all been feeding you idiots for the past 3 years."

I just thought the irony was delicious (and sad) - this was to be a court case that would be told through the ages of when the great Republic's grasp of legal knowledge would defeat the de facto in their own court. Judges and lawyers would flee before their legal incantations.

From that...to this plea for letter writers to a group of people they know are all as nuts as TImmy, so nuts that they have to specifically tell them not to put insane sov'run gibberish in the letter.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

from the RuSA people:
Prayer Call for the Nation
July 1st. and 2nd.

Dear Prayer Warriors,

There is a call going around the nation that we are at peril of attacks from the enemies' forces within the nation's boarders over the July 4th weekend through July 11th. We are on high alert from above that we may change the course of events before they unfold. Hear what the word has to say and what has been prophesied plus the path to overcoming the enemies' plans. As a nation and a people we are seeing some of the greatest outpourings of the century through small groups such as our prayer teams and as we face some of the greatest challenges in history.

The United States has multiple enemies within our boarders. As we seek our LORD HE is telling Intercessors and Prophets that we must pray and seek HIS face as never before. We are entering a time when the nations celebrates that which made in great, the men and women who have laid down their lives to make us free. Unfortunately we have an enemy that desires that we enter into bondage through fear, oppression and isolation by means of terrorism.

Tonight I have several guest speakers who will express that which father has told them about our efforts in repentance and what is at hand if we do not continue. Trumpets are being sounded both of triumph and warning. One incident of major attack has been diverted. Our efforts on the National Day of Repentance helped change the course of our nation. We cannot stop now!!!

Join us tonight as we press in to seek Fathers face. We are planning a major prayer focus for tonight July 1st and tomorrow evening the 2nd to pray down demonic attacks planned against the US. We will be meeting again on Monday July 8th and Wednesday July 10th.

Join us if you can and hear Pastor's Fred Forshag, Intercessors David Pembleton, Aric Leavitte, myself and many others as we press in for the souls of our nation.

If you would like to be a guest speaker and have a fifteen to thirty minute platform to share what the Lord is saying please e-mail me what your topic is and you will be invited to speak on our call. reysvine@sbcglobal.net

Yahweh is in charge.

The Call in number for each Monday evening is: 530-881-1300 pass code 201870#

Times 8:30 Eastern, 7:30 Central, 6:30 Mountain, 5:30 Pacific

Blessings,
Wade Butler
In His Name Ministries
281-236-8442
reysvine@sbcglobal.net
Wade Butler is the "National Chaplain" in RuSA, and you're entitled to be puzzled since the Constitutional Convention of 1787 didn't have a chaplain nor prayers. I have serious qualms (including Constitutional qualms) about people being told to pray on command, at a time chosen by some bureaucrat.