Tim Turner indicted!

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Tim Turner indicted!

Post by Famspear »

Wade Butler wrote:There is a call going around the nation that we are at peril of attacks from the enemies' forces within the nation's boarders ......

The United States has multiple enemies within our boarders.....
But who are the boarders? And how did the enemies get inside the boarders? Are the boarders within our nation's borders? Can we solve this problem by expelling the boarders from our borders (with the enemies still inside the boarders)? Probably unfair to the boarders -- unless the boarders swallowed the enemies on purpose, while the boarders were inside the borders.

:Axe:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The RuSA has cancelled its usual Thursday night conference call for July 4th.

Members are being asked to show up at Tim Turner's sentencing to be character witnesses. Also asked to write letters to the judge (to be sent to his lawyer) begging for a light sentence. I can only imagine what effect it will have if they start testifying that Turner is the fuehrer of an anti-government organization to which they belong. Especially since he won't resign his office even when he goes to prison.

I am sure that his pretensions to be President, and a leader of "more than a hundred thousand" people, will persuade the court that he is a serious danger - the sort that should be locked up for maximum time, and persuade the prison to keep him pretty much clammed up in the lowest dungeon.
Last edited by fortinbras on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

With that kind of help, he could get life plus 110 years for good measure. I seem to remember a case in my state where one got like 500 years, and no parole, they wanted to make sure he never got out.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Here is the final opinion in the Tim Turner trial (dated June 26th, it replaces one issued on June 21st). Not yet printed in F.Supp.2d, it can be referenced as 2013 WL 3270392, 2013 u.s.dist. LEXIS 89396:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case? ... s_ylo=2013
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

With regard to the "bonds" that were part of Tim Turner's scam, the Court notes:
.....Turner insisted that crafting these bonds in a particular manner would so powerfully invoke the law that the Secretary of the Treasury would have no choice but to honor them. In a videotape of one of Turner's seminars played at trial, Turner described his documents as so powerful that they struck fear in the hearts of federal officials who were bound to comply with them. For the hapless participants in his seminars, most of whom were burdened with debt, the picture he painted must have been an inspiring one: David besting the Goliath of the federal government with secret laws that only the truly clever had been able to decode. This assurance that the documents were lawful had a power of its own; it painted those who drafted them as insiders who had beaten the system at its own game.....
Tim Turner.... the Jethro Bodine of scammers......

8)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

More from the Court's decision:
In 2008 and 2009, Turner was the primary speaker and figurehead at a series of seminars held throughout the United States. The seminars, which typically spanned two days and took place in hotel conference rooms, promised attendees a solution they desperately needed: a way to make all of their debt disappear.
Yayyy!

The Court continues:
The key, attendees learned, was a complicated set of documents, colloquially referred to as "Tim's process." Instructions for crafting these documents were intertwined with lectures describing the philosophy behind them, a conspiracy theory of sorts positing that various parts of the United States government (and perhaps even the government itself) are illegitimate.

The court must confess that it is at a loss as to the full contours of this philosophy. Though it was frequently alluded to at trial and referenced in a number of Turner's filings, the logic behind the theory (if such a logic exists) remains elusive.....
Now, there's an understatement...
.....What the court has gathered, however, is this: Seminar attendees were told that the process they were learning would transform them into what Turner called "secured party creditors" or "sovereign citizens." A person who has become a "sovereign citizen" can then access a special account at the U.S. Department of Treasury.[footnote not reproduced] While this account cannot be used in all respects like regular money (for instance, a person cannot withdraw money from it and make a purchase at a store), it can be used to discharge debts. However, once accessed, Turner promised, any debt that a "sovereign citizen" owes, including tax debt, could be discharged by funds from this Treasury account.
Jimmy Timmy promised! Jimmy Timmy promised! Oh, why did the scheme not work??!!? I mean, Jimmy Timmy promised! It's just not faaaaaaiiiiiirrrr!

:cry:

[cue the Announcer:]

To followers of Jimmy Timmy Turner: For the purpose of registering your complaint regarding the failure of Jimmy Timmy's promises, please wait for a notification on Jimmy Timmy Turner's future permanent address at a facility of the Federal Bureau of Prisons -- which notification should be coming soon.

Thank you!
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Still, Turner's appeal was not frivolous. He actually had an unaddressed question of law going right to the intent of Congress. The issue of the meaning of "be an actual security or financial instrument issued under the authority of the United States" had not been considered before and the court could not dismiss Turner's appeal offhand. When the court has to review the legislative history and intent of a statute in order to arrive at a judicial interpretation an appeal has at least some merit; maybe not much but a worthwhile shot on Timmy's part.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Sentencing for Jimmy Timmy Turner, formerly set for today, has been rescheduled for Wednesday, July 31, 2013.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I sent Turner a letter imploring him, for his own good, to renounce or abdicate or resign or whatever the 'presidency' of RuSA immediately (i.e. BEFORE his sentencing). I believe that his persistent claims to be leading a substantial (I figure a couple hundred but Turner claims more than ten thousand) troublemaking group will get him MORE prison time than otherwise. Notwithstanding my own limitations, I think any savvy person would advise Turner similarly - and I suspect that I am not the only person who has already told him this.

Apparently he is not taking my advice. One likely result is extra time, under the Sentencing Guidelines, for being the leader of a conspiracy. Another is that various law enforcement agencies will take an unwelcome interest in the remaining leaders of RuSA.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

With all due respect, when has Jimmy Tim ever shown even a modicum of sense? He was, and still is for that matter, and will almost certainly always remain a cheap con man. He wasn't very good at it to begin with, and didn't get much traction until he stumbled in to the RUSA gag, and then he did his level best to get everything out of it he could. He certainly attempted to scam his "constituents" for everything he could get out of them, and unless an actual audit of what went on during his tenure is performed, we'll probably never know for just how much. Unfortunately for Jimmy Tim, the pickings weren't anywhere near what he had expected, and it was already starting to go sour when the wheels came off the rest of his little games, and the gov't finally took an interest in him and stepped in. I think, after a lifetime of niggling failure, that as this last episode draws to a close, he has begun to believe his own stories and is no longer really quite dealing with reality. I am coming to the conclusion that he really does believe at least some of what he has been spouting. I think he does believe that he has legions of followers, and that he really is the president of the re-inhabited USA and so on, which doesn't change where he is or what is going to happen one little bit, but he isn't about to give up the fantasy now, it's all he has left to show for his life.

I think you also have a point, that thanks to Jimmy Tim's efforts, the not only unwelcome, but unhealthy, for them at least, interest of the authorities became quite focused on the rest of the RUSAites. Unfortunately for them, many are themselves cheap jack conmen, Kelby being at the start of the list, who in my opinion needs to go down next, followed by their Sec of State who is fond of filing bogus documents, but then she is already on the radar and scheduled to go down fairly soon. I do think the rest of them really should be very very nervous and do some serious soul searching while they still can. I do think that Jimmy Tims estimation of his following is off by about a factor of one hundred, I would be surprised if there are really more than a bare handful of the faithful left, particularly judging by how few of the national and state offices they have filled, maybe two or three per state if they aren't busy fighting with each other, and then I wonder.

As I recall, they have an interim speaker of the house, and I don't remember if the new Supreme Court justice they had stuck around or not after the first one jumped ship. but sounds to me like they are getting thin on national officers right about now.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Last night (Monday, July 29th) the RuSA conference call was completely devoted to their "national chaplain" leading them all in prayer for Turner, whom they still refer to as their President.

Usually their Tuesday night conference call is devoted to listening to their Congress posturing, but I have not received any emails about that yet (2 pm). Their Thursday conference call will come after the sentencing.

In case you forgot, back in March, Turner was convicted on every count of a ten-count federal indictment, which included conspiracy to defraud the federal govt, passing fictitious obligations (in the form of homebrew 'bonds' that pretended to draw on a non-existent Treasury account based on his birth certificate, referred to as "Tim's Process"), aiding & abetting the passing of fictitious obligations (he got other people to try the same stunt), interfering with the administration of the tax laws, failure to file one tax return, and perjury in a bankruptcy proceeding. On top of this, he vexed the trial court with some nonsensical pleadings such as the (consistently rejected) claim that the federal criminal code (title 18 of the US Code) is invalid.

A ten count conviction, and no sign of remorse, and he still calls himself President (and claims that the RuSA has 'tens of thousands' of adherents, which I think moved the decimal point two places), should net him at least 30 years and anything less might prove that those prayers worked.