Maybe one of Demo's Sovereigns

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Maybe one of Demo's Sovereigns

Post by Burnaby49 »

Identity and background should be out pretty soon. Sounds like he just drove up and shot the border agent. Since he was an American and our agents are all Canadians, unlikely to be a domestic issue.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -shot.html
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Maybe one of Demo's Sovereigns

Post by notorial dissent »

I suppose it is possible he was just a garden variety nutcase, it's not like we have a shortage of them either.

Still, utterly senseless.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Andrew Michael Crews, 32 year old tattoo artist in Seattle, originally from Las Vegas. I'm on the road, so I haven't had a chance to look for sovereign markers.
Demo.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

notorial dissent wrote:I suppose it is possible he was just a garden variety nutcase, it's not like we have a shortage of them either.

Still, utterly senseless.
Sounds like that's the case. It's beginning to sound like a deliberate murder-suicide attempt rather than someone being discovered at the border with a gun and trying to shoot his way out. Since he lived in Nevada prior to moving to Seattle it seems unlikely he had issues with the Canada Border Services that triggered it.

An article said he moved to Seattle because much more potential for a tatooist than in Nevada. No kidding! The entire Seattle-Tacoma(hi Cathuhlu!)-Olympia-Portland strip is tatoo paradise. I'm constantly being served by young people, particularly women, in bars and restaurants that look like circus freak-shows.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Burnaby49 wrote:I'm constantly being served by young people, particularly women, in bars and restaurants that look like circus freak-shows.
Sadly their self-indulgence significantly limits their prospects for work outside of bars. I can tell I'm getting old now that I look at heavily tattooed people or those dressed in thug-chic style and think: "if you didn't look like such a clown maybe you'd have a real job".
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think you are being overly generous on their behalf, and overly hard on yourself.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

It seems like there's now a requirement at every hipster joint to have at least four visible body piercings or tats before you can brew coffee. My RN sister says she's going to invest in tattoo removal techniques and make her fortune as these kids age.

I got a Starbucks apron at a yard sale last summer; seriously thinking I should do fake tats and piercings (okay, my ears are pierced, but the boring way that I did was just to stop losing my earrings, since that gets expensive) and practice "hey, I'm only doing this until my band releases the cd" and be The Cranky Barista this Halloween. There's still enough purple in my hair to sell it. My spouse has requested I go back to blue after the purple fades a bit more; he liked the blue better. It did cause me to get the greatest compliment ever on my hair when one poetic soul compared it to a starry night sky.

Burnsie, you still need to meet me at Harmon's! The vanilla-raspberry porter (dessert in a glass, 'cept it gives you a buzz) is only available, briefly, during the holidays. Sells out fast. So toe-curlingly rich I have trouble finishing a pint.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'd love to try the porter and I'm lusting for the fries and wings too! We'll be coming just that when is the problem. Doug the Driver (a relative of Bob the Builder) is in Turkey for another three weeks. He and I and a bunch of babes (ok, my wife and her walking club) were in Spain for three weeks and he just kept moving on instead of coming home. When he gets back he plans to OD on his very new grandson for a while but, as far as I know, we are still shooting for mid-November to early December.

I didn't mention piercing in my prior post because they are a trivial issue. You mature and decide you don't want all those studs in your nose, ears, and lips, you just take them out and let nature remove the evidence. Tattoos are a different issue. I was successful in two of my goals of being a father, my sons don't smoke or take drugs, but I couldn't stop them from getting tattoos. Fortunately not visible when reasonably clothed.

obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

Cathulhu wrote:The vanilla-raspberry porter (dessert in a glass, 'cept it gives you a buzz) is only available, briefly, during the holidays. Sells out fast. So toe-curlingly rich I have trouble finishing a pint.
Any idea when?
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Obadiah, the last time I got one was right after Thanksgiving. Not kidding about it selling out fast, it was long gone by Christmas. Still remembered fondly. Delicious! Had a raspberry porter at the Denali brewing co. when I was in Talkeetna seven weeks ago; tasty but not in the same league.

But I did get a pic of myself with the mayor-for-life; Stubbs the cat.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold