Republic for the united States (RuSA) Fruitcake Extravaganza

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Republic for the united States (RuSA) Fruitcake Extravag

Post by PeanutGallery »

]
LightinDarkness wrote:...... This week, he announced that he had heard from God (no, really) that the "lease on the US corporation" was up on October 16 and that the fRuSA would be in power after that. .....
When your hearing voices from a higher power you generally have one of three options to consider:

1) It's God. Clearly God wants me to do things. This is all part of an ineffable plan and I must do my bit.
2) It's the Devil. Clearly the Devil wants me to do things. This is all part of an ineffable plan and I must do my bit.
3) I am suffering from delusions. Clearly I need medical attention. This is not part of any plan.

It's amazing how few people ever go with the third.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

fortinbras wrote:...
It may be amusing but it's not amazing that instititutionalized (or marginalized) people think they hear from God. ...
They not only hear from "God." I had a relative who was eventually institutionalized for over a decade for his arsonistic tendencies, brought on apparently by a "still, small voice" that told him to start fires.

But in the case of Timmy, he knows perfectly well he's not communicating with a deity; he's simply building on his fantasy and believes some number of people will blindly follow along.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think in Jimmy Tim's case it is also a matter of him trying to convince himself that he is still relevant and a mover and shaker, and since none of those were ever really true it is a hard sell. Jimmy Tim is but a fading memory in the May Fly memory of his once adoring followers, or some such nauseating drivel.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:But in the case of Timmy, he knows perfectly well he's not communicating with a deity.....
He may have started crooked, but prison will make him crazy. The inmate psychology is to minimize their wrongdoing in their own heads - even to the point of believing their fake alibis and the like - and desperate to communicate with someone sympathetic - the usual statistic is something more or less like the average prisoner stops getting visits after 5 years and stops getting letters after 10 years (probably worse with federal prisoners since they are often assigned to prisons very distant from anyone they knew). The less esteemed they are among prisoners and the outside world, the more likely they are to believe that they are on God's speed-dial.
notorial dissent

Since Jimmy Tim never believed what he was doing was wrong to begin with, still doesn't believe any of what he was doing was wrong, and believes that he is in fact a political prisoner, not much there. He was talking to and hearing from his deity well before any of this came about, it's just this is the only thing to report on any longer, and he is just getting further and further out there as his imagined relevance fades to nothing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
morrand

Post by morrand »

LightinDarkness wrote:This week, he announced that he had heard from God (no, really) that the "lease on the US corporation" was up on October 16 and that the fRuSA would be in power after that.
I happen to have before me a very personalized mail-merge letter, postmarked July 29, which announces:
Peter Popoff wrote:You've prayed for a seemingly impossible miracle. On October 16 2014, the miraculous occurs. Your greatest prayer shall be answered and your greatest wish shall come to be....
Not knowing the rules for incoming prison mail, I make no claims of a relation between these items.
---
Morrand
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The 16th of October 2014 is a Thursday, it's Shemini Atzeret, which I am sure you all know is the last day of Sukkos.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemini_Atzeret

Oddly enough, Farakhan's Million Man March on Washington, which goes back something like 15 years, also took place on Shemini Atzeret, which might explain why so few Jewish leaders responded to Farakhan's ultimatum that they all come to him to discuss their differences.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

morrand wrote:
Peter Popoff wrote:You've prayed for a seemingly impossible miracle. On October 16 2014, the miraculous occurs. Your greatest prayer shall be answered and your greatest wish shall come to be....
Liar. My ex called earlier and she's still not paying child support.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Say what you like about Farakhan, but his Million Man March had a very positive aspect to it. The marchers were going to DC, not to ask for anything, but to demonstrate to themselves, their families, and society at large that they were committed to fulling their responsibilities and promises and to being good role models.

It was a physical restatement of the old NOI slogan, "The Blackman must do for self".

That's very different from whatever the sovs are trying to live by.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

fortinbras wrote:The 16th of October 2014 is a Thursday, it's Shemini Atzeret, which I am sure you all know is the last day of Sukkos.
And all this time I thought it was an exotic mushroom.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

On a very slightly related detour, this weekend is the Values Voters Summit in DC. A big national convention devoted to the Christian rightwing, with the usual anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-evolution, anti-Obama, etc., speechmaking. My suspicion is that the audience may get a rare flash of anti-semitic animus as well. I don't think it was mere coincidence that the Summit is scheduled during the Jewish High Holy Days - it minimizes the number of Jews in the audience, and one or two speakers may take that as an invitation to relieve themselves of their real feelings about Jews.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Actually, I'd say completely unrelated. Please don't do this stuff.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

I'd say the Christian rightwing is more likely to be programmed to never criticize anything Jewish or related to Jews or Israel whatsoever.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

from the latest RuSA email, "Sheriff" Richard Mack is going to be their next guest star, talking about his Constitutional Sheriffs organization and something about the Bundy business, on their Thursday night conference call, with a special cameo from Terry Trussell.
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

According to the latest RuSA propaganda/organizing call, there a country government that has enough crazy people on it to think RuSA is real or has some sort of power. That county is Delta County, Colorado, which has a press conference scheduled for Monday at 8:30AM. Supposedly, at that time, some number of county commissioners will be doing a press conference announcing they are opening the doors of the real government to the fake RuSA.

Now, while this sounds like normal RuSA blustering/insanity, keep in mind that in many smaller counties nearly anyone can be elected county commissioner and it wouldn't surprise me that enough crazy people got elected to one to form a majority. Delta County only has 30,000 total population. Its sort of like how some state legislator from a low population district every few years introduces random nutjob sovereign citizen sounding legislation.

In any case, Monday could be interesting. The RuSA faithful are certainly pinning all their hopes on it.

EDIT: I have to say though, in defense of small governments (I did a lot of local government management for a few years), most of them are run with the utmost professionalism. If Delta County really is this stupid, it is in my experience (as someone who worked in local government management before starting my PhD) the exception.

EDIT 2: Upon further investigation, I am now confused. The same guy who trumpeted this as a RuSA victory on one call is now claiming it is a Darash/Vidurek style common law grand jury flavor of crazy that the county is embracing.
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

Another RuSA update: RuSA has established a crack team of 3 people that will now be traveling through the states to ensure any non-"green" state can get their gibberish paperwork into RuSA and join the fake union. In RuSA parlance, being a "green" state means there are at least 5 people or so in your state that have decided to take the role of Fake Governor, Fake Senator, etc. and have filed all appropriate gibberish paperwork with RuSA national.

Of course, that crack team needs some funding help...wouldn't you know...but as long as you pay for all their travel and lodging, your state can now become a part of the Fake Republic and have a seat in the Fake Congress (which had 16 people or so as of last count!).
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

RuSA has reached a stage where its conference calls feature "guest stars" from other crank outfits planning their own coups - who do not, however, belong to nor plan to join RuSA. And, having momentarily run out of such cranks (whoda thought it) has bestowed, in its latest email announcement, this "special guest star" status on its very own National Chaplain, Wade Butler.
notorial dissent

fRuSA is running out of their own home grown cranks and is now having to import them, how quaint.....
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Actually my point was that it had been importing cranks - who somehow weren't quite crazy enough to join RuSA - and it had run out of imported cranks and was now promoting its own cranks as special guest stars.
notorial dissent

Sorry, totally misunderstood you. I guess it's hard beign suitably crazy these days.