Truthers and Sandy Hook

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Truthers and Sandy Hook

Post by arayder »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
arayder wrote:... But, frankly, the outlawing of "dumb" guns with the grandfathering of existing guns is not a political reality in the U.S.
Given sufficient motive, the means will be found.
Could be.

One highly marketed solution to the challenge of assuring gun safety while providing gun availability is the use of a large gun safe, where less used rifles, shotguns and handguns are stored and a smaller gun safe which can be accessed through a combination finger touch pad. The small safe is bolted down in some place convenient to the home owner and is intended for use in home defense. The touch pad system is remarkably effective at keeping kids out.

The whole set up is more expensive than a smart gun. But it isn't government mandated and allows the gun owner to select the safe models that fit their needs while allowing them to store less used and heirloom guns in the big ole safe.

The firearm industry loves the solution since it allows them to market a second set of safes for use with all the small pistols they have recently sold in the several states allowing concealed carry. The idea being that after you carry your pistol all day you come home and place it in the small safe where it can be used for home protection.

This may sound like too much to the average person, but in a country full of "preppers" there is a demand for such arrangements.

Here in the states we still have plenty of cases of nitwits placing their loaded home protection guns on high shelves thinking the four year old won't be able to reach them. One subspecies of these fools hide the guns under beds or in books with cut out storage compartments.

It is my opinion that such individuals should be neutered after their trigger fingers are removed so as to render them harmless to society.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

When the kids were younger I used a case like this one. Takes four fingers to unlock, was relatively easy to open and program and had a backup lock, just in case. The thing that I didn't like about the fingerprint lock idea was that, in moments of stress, your body is going to sweat. That sweat, or anything else on the hands, can mess with the fingerprint reader. The other systems, like the RFID watch, could work a little better but then you have to worry about the battery in the watch or another device. I have yet to see any system that is foolproof enough that I would trust my life with.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

JamesVincent wrote:When the kids were younger I used a case like this one. Takes four fingers to unlock, was relatively easy to open and program and had a backup lock, just in case. The thing that I didn't like about the fingerprint lock idea was that, in moments of stress, your body is going to sweat. That sweat, or anything else on the hands, can mess with the fingerprint reader. The other systems, like the RFID watch, could work a little better but then you have to worry about the battery in the watch or another device. I have yet to see any system that is foolproof enough that I would trust my life with.
The low tech options of trigger locks or keyed safes would be hell to use if you are under stress. That's why the industry came up with all the touch pad and simple combination systems.

I am with you, James. I'd hate to find out how the system can fail just when I as using it for real.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Duke2Earl wrote:Some people for their own psychological reasons seemingly must deny that certain things happened or that they were some sort of conspiracy. I am not psychologist enough to explain why this happens. ... The human psyche is a very poorly understood minefield.
A significant portion of the issue lies with the general population's loss of trust in "the authorities" over the last several decades.
I believe you are right, and the reasons for that are many and varied, but there is still a piece of logic missing. Just because you have less trust in "authority" that does not require you to passionately believe the first wacko that comes down the street. Many of the so-called explanations are simply contrary to basic common sense.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

It is true that a lack of trust in authority SHOULDN'T lead to one throwing all reason and common sense out the window. But the Sandy Hook conspiracy theories and those who believe in that, do just that. I think personally it has to do with a lack of experience with the real world, which leads certain immature folks to conclude that there are these vast conspiracies and that all of the media and all of the police departments are in on it, etc.

And, like with the sovs, if you dare tell them they're wrong, or ask them to consider evidence, they'll call you every last thing in the book. All in the name of "free thinking."

I had an experience with these types online, where one was saying that it was "reported" that many of the families of the victims had only been residing there under a year and that "land records" would show this. A rather elaborate, narrated video presented this possibility. I made the suggestion that this was an easy enough one to track down - instead of finalizing the video, just go to the recorder's office and look for these land records. The tidal wave of conspiracy indignation washed over the forum from all of the kooks who were so offended at that suggestion.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

LANGLEY, VA—Shedding new light on a tumultuous period of upheaval that dominated international headlines nearly 30 years ago, the U.S. government declassified hundreds of documents Tuesday that confirm the CIA covertly organized and executed the coup that ousted lead singer David Lee Roth from Van Halen.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/cia-ad ... :1:Default

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Faking a courthouse full of back dated deeds is no harder than forging a birth certificate, after all.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

JamesVincent wrote:
LANGLEY, VA—Shedding new light on a tumultuous period of upheaval that dominated international headlines nearly 30 years ago, the U.S. government declassified hundreds of documents Tuesday that confirm the CIA covertly organized and executed the coup that ousted lead singer David Lee Roth from Van Halen.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/cia-ad ... :1:Default
Long live the Onion! 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/13/ny ... -home.html
Randall Bell makes house calls in some of the world’s most forbidding places. And not just any houses, but properties touched by carnage, natural disasters and other headline-grabbing tragedies.

So when the distress call came six months ago from Hudson City Savings Bank, Mr. Bell accepted the assignment.

The house the bank wished to consult him about in Newtown, Conn., may have been considered attractive once, with its yellow facade, Colonial-style dormers and spacious two-acre lot. That was before Dec. 14, 2012.

Now it is reviled, a painful reminder of the day when one of its occupants, Adam Lanza, killed his mother in her four-poster bed, and then gunned down 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary, his former school. The last life he took, as the police closed in, was his own.

Two years after the shooting, Newtown is finally ready to wrestle with the gnawing question of what to do with the house at 36 Yogananda Street and the painful memories it arouses. There are no easy answers. Many would like to see it razed and the property returned to woodland so that every hint of what stands there eventually disappears.

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

http://www.neonnettle.com/sphere/353-1- ... andy-hook-

Yes, some ass filed a 1 trillion dolla lawsuit against the media, DHS. and others for staging Sandy Hook. Why was it staged? To change and influence policy at a national level. You know, all those laws that didn't change and wouldn't have helped anyway. Those policies.

Also listed on pacer

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

James - don't get too upset. Shanley is an obvious crank who has already had three identical suits dismissed sua sponte. 14cv1881 (DCT); 14cv1929 (DCT); 15cv579 (DCT). We can hope that #4 is the one that brings on the well-earned "vexatious litigant" award.

And neonnettle.com is alongside WingNutDaily and GodLikeProductions in Conspiracy Central.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

It's not the suit per se that bothers me Wes, I've seen much worse. What does bother me is the fact we are almost at the four year Mark and it seems that more people then ever are believing this kinds crap. The person I got the link from isn't your everyday nutnjob, she's actually kinda cool, yet here we are. It's like the stupidity disease, just keeps spreading.

Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

JamesVincent wrote: ... It's like the stupidity disease, just keeps spreading.
(i + n + t + e + r + n + e + t) X (i + g + n + o + r + a + n + c + e) = STOOPID :brickwall:

(There - fixed it 8))
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think that is actually 2 or 3 isn't it?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:I think that is actually 2 or 3 isn't it?
No, you need to replace with in order to make that an accurate formula.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

True, all too true.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Should we make a new thread for Orlando truthers or?

I had a timer out, first hoax rumors started about hours after the shooting.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Jeffrey wrote:Should we make a new thread for Orlando truthers or?

I had a timer out, first hoax rumors started about hours after the shooting.
I'm hardly the final word on it, but I think we should wait a few days and see if the activity is high enough to do that. If we get an active discussion going I'll set up a new thread and move the appropriate posts to it.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra

Post by wserra »

It's kinda off topic, and edges toward politics. Yes, it's stupid, and reflects a certain mindset, but that's typical.

You don't think so? Refresh my recollection as to who, to the general public, is the most prominent birfer.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

wserra wrote: Refresh my recollection as to who, to the general public, is the most prominent birfer.
Lou Dobbs? :sarcasmon: (Just kidding, I know it's the Donald. In a rational world, Lou Dobbs would be more prominent then Donald Trump, even as a retired news reporter vs. a billionaire politician.)

Although the disbarred former candidate for California governor (whose name I've forgotten) probably is close enough to a Sovereign to be appropriate for this forum.

That being said, I don't think gun control conspiracy theories are appropriate for the Sovereign forum, unless the proponents have other Sovereign characteristics. Of course, if many of those conspiracists are Sovereigns, I could be convinced otherwise.

Perhaps the former JREF forum would be appropriate for those conspiracies.
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Copyedit, adding reference to the JREF forum
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95