Lawrence Mulqueen

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Lawrence Mulqueen

Post by Famspear »

Lawrence Mulqueen of Nanuet, New York is facing both state and federal charges in connection with death threats he allegedly made against various officials on his Facebook web page. He was arrested in February by police in Clarkstown, New York.

Mulqueen had allegedly stated that he wanted “all followers of President Barack Obama dead". He also allegedly called for the killing of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, U.S. Senator Charles Schumer, U.S. Representative Nita Lowey, U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Senator Harry Reid, and members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

The Clarkstown, New York police have reportedly stated that Mulqueen's writings include anti-government views similar to the extremist group, Sovereign Citizens.

See also:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130226/N ... evaluation

On February 22, 2013, in "The Terrorist Next Door (to Me)", commentator Greg Mitchell at The Nation, alleged that Mulqueen is "a follower of the right-wing Sovereign nation..."

http://www.thenation.com/blog/173049/te ... xt-door-me#

Mulqueen's lawyer is asking for a psychological evaluation for Mulqueen.

Here is a news release from the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York:
Nanuet Man Charged For Threatening To Kill Federal And State Officials And Illegal Possession Of A Weapon

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Thomas P. Zugibe, the Rockland County District Attorney, George Venizelos, the Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), and Chief Michael Sullivan of the Clarkstown Police Department, announced today the filing of federal and state criminal charges today against LAWRENCE MULQUEEN of Nanuet, New York. MULQUEEN faces federal charges for threatening to kill federal officials and others, and separate state charges for criminal possession of a weapon. He was initially taken into custody on the state charges on February 21, 2013, and was charged federally today. He is scheduled to appear before a U.S. Magistrate Judge in White Plains federal court tomorrow.

U.S. Attorney Bharara stated: “As alleged, Lawrence Mulqueen used the power and reach of Facebook to make incendiary threats, including the use of deadly force, against federally-elected officials and others. He even provided his like-minded Facebook friends with a virtual ‘how to’ on the most effective weapons to use in making good on those threats. The internet is a forum for free expression, but it does not give anyone a carte blanche to break the law.”

[ . . . ]

FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge George Venizelos stated: “The defendant is alleged not only to have threatened to kill elected officials. He did the virtual equivalent of standing in the town square with a megaphone, using his Facebook page to exhort others to carry out these assassinations. Freedom of speech is a fundamental right, but making overt threats is not protected speech, it’s a crime.”

Clarkstown Police Chief Sullivan stated: “ We’re pleased and proud to work with other local and federal law enforcement agencies to bring this person into custody and to protect our elected officials and all other citizens.”

According to the allegations in the Complaint filed today in White Plains federal court:

In February 2013, MULQUEEN posted numerous messages to his page on the online social networking site “Facebook,” threatening to kill members of the United States Congress, state and local elected officials, and others. Among other things, MULQUEEN posted on February 20 that he “[could] not wait to start killing” multiple United States Senators and Members of the United States House of Representatives, as well as a Governor and Mayor, adding that their “dirt nap [was] coming very soon.”

MULQUEEN instructed people who commented on his posts to secure a “high powered rifle,” and recommended a particular Italian-manufactured shotgun as “very light and . . . semi-automatic, [with] no need to pump or reload.” He added that readers should “se blades when you can to conserve bullets.” In other posts, MULQUEEN commanded readers to seek out and kill other individuals, including at least one political activist.

[ . . . ]

MULQUEEN, 49, is charged with one count of threatening to kill federal officials and one count of transmitting threats in interstate commerce. He faces a maximum federal penalty of 15 years in prison.

[ . . . .]

The charges contained in the federal Complaint and the state Indictment are merely accusations, and the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

The case is being handled by the Office’s White Plains Division. Assistant U.S. Attorney Ilan Graff is in charge of the prosecution.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressre ... harges.php
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Re: Lawrence Mulqueen

Post by Famspear »

The federal case is United States v. Lawrence Mulqueen, case no. 7:13-mj-00510-UA, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (White Plains Div.).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

News 12 Westchester in Yonkers, New York reports: "Lawrence Mulqueen's attorney says he may have beliefs that are not necessarily part of reality."

:whistle:

http://westchester.news12.com/news/alle ... -1.4716572
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Famspear wrote:... he may have beliefs that are not necessarily part of reality..."
Now there's an extenuating circumstance for you if ever I saw one!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

Famspear wrote:News 12 Westchester in Yonkers, New York reports: "Lawrence Mulqueen's attorney says he may have beliefs that are not necessarily part of reality."
In sovcitland, that comment is reason enough to fire your attorney.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Lawrence Mulqueen has been indicted on two charges:
COUNT ONE
(Threatening federal officials)

The Grand Jury charges:

1. In or about February 2013, in the Southern District of New York and elsewhere, LAWRENCE MULQUEEN, the defendant, knowingly and willfully did threaten to assault, kidnap, and murder United States officials to impede, intimidate, and interfere with those officials while they were engaged in the performance of their official duties, and to retaliate against those officials on account of their performance of official duties during their terms of service, to wit, MULQUEEN posted messages to an online social network threatening to kill members of the United States Congress.

(Title 18, United States Code, Section 115(a) (1) (B).)

COUNT TWO
(Transmitting threatening communications)

The Grand Jury further charges:

2. In or about February 2013, in the Southern District of New York and elsewhere, LAWRENCE MULQUEEN, the defendant, knowingly did transmit in interstate and foreign commerce a communication containing a threat to injure the person of another, to wit, MULQUEEN posted messages to an online social network threatening to kill federal, state, and local elected officials and others.

(Title 18, United States Code, Section 875(c).)
--from Indictment, March 7, 2013, docket entry 5, United States v. Lawrence Mulqueen, case no. 7:13-cr-00157-KMK, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (White Plains division).
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On May 28, 2013, Mulqueen changed his plea to guilty on both counts.

Sentencing is set for October 16, 2013.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130619/N ... ons-charge
Lawrence Mulqueen is due to court in New City on Sept. 4 to face a charge of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Clarkstown police said they found an illegal knuckle knife at Mulqueen’s home when seizing two rifles, two rifle bayonets, a rifle scope, bulletproof body armor, and about 100 rounds of ammunition, including 27 rounds of .50-caliber armor-piercing, tank buster bullets.
And my favorite part:
Mulqueen also faces fraud charges in a scheme to exchange food stamps for cash at the Nyack Food Mart, 4 Waldron Ave., Central Nyack.
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20131016/N ... -officials
A Nanuet man said last year that he was “anxious to start killing various public officials” was sentenced Wednesday to 15 months in federal prison.

Lawrence Mulqueen has already served around 8 months of the sentence, having been incarcerated since his arrest in February, when prosecutors said that he wrote on his Facebook page that he wanted “all followers of President Barack Obama dead,” calling them “traitor scum” and declaring “death to them all.”
[Judge] Karas opted for a lighter sentence in line with federal sentencing guidelines after hearing an appeal from Mulqueen’s lawyer, Jason Ser, who said that when Mulqueen isn’t drunk he’s a “totally different person.”
notorial dissent

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:[Judge] Karas opted for a lighter sentence in line with federal sentencing guidelines after hearing an appeal from Mulqueen’s lawyer, Jason Ser, who said that when Mulqueen isn’t drunk he’s a “totally different person.”
Well, that just excuses everything right there. NOT!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

notorial dissent wrote:
Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:[Judge] Karas opted for a lighter sentence in line with federal sentencing guidelines after hearing an appeal from Mulqueen’s lawyer, Jason Ser, who said that when Mulqueen isn’t drunk he’s a “totally different person.”
Well, that just excuses everything right there. NOT!!!!
To American-ise a Scottish? joke: "Dr Jekyll, this potion that you claim turns you into Mr Hyde, looks like a bottle of moonshine."
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

If he'd gotten nailed for alcohol abuse treatment along with the sentence and probation dependent upon him not drinking I might have been fine with the sentence, otherwise, in my opinion, that is judicial mis-conduct, the drinking excuses nothing, and in my opinion elevates the complaint.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Fifty year old Lawrence Mulqueen is now inmate # 68226-054 at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York. No projected release date has been published yet.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

From docket entry 7 on November 12, 2013, in United States v. Mulqueen, case number 7:13-cr-00157-KMK-1, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (White Plains Div.):
JUDGMENT #13,0339-WP as to Lawrence Mulqueen (1), Count(s) 1, 2, Lawrence Mulqueen is hereby sentenced to 15 months to run concurrently on Counts I and 2, followed by 3 of supervised release to run concurrently on Counts I and 2. $200.00 special assessment. (Signed by Judge Kenneth M. Karas on 11/1/2013)(jty) Modified on 11/19/2013 (jty). (Entered: 11/19/2013)
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

Mulqueen admits weapons. Police seized a small arsenal.
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/r ... e/8054839/
A Nanuet man already facing federal prison for threatening to kill elected officials pleaded guilty Wednesday to possessing an illegal knife during a plea agreement in Rockland County criminal court in New City
And my favorite...
Mulqueen, despite his anti-government rhetoric, still faces misdemeanor fraud counts in Rockland on accusations of ripping off the food stamps program. He is among more than dozen people arrested following an investigation.

Mulqueen is accused of exchanging food stamps for cash at the Nyack Food Mart, 4 Waldron Ave., Central Nyack. He is accused of using his electronic benefit transfer card to purchase alcohol and cigarettes in violation of the program.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Mulqueen, inmate # 68226-054, is now at the Residential Re-entry Management Office in New York. No projected release date is shown at this time.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Lawrence Mulqueen was released on October 25, 2014.