Hello and Question

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Hello and Question

Post by LPC »

Flatulating Bovine wrote:
Gregg wrote:Just remember that if you live to get a few hundred posts, we get to choose your style and title.
Not the first semi-unwelcoming post here.
To add to (and confirm) what The Observer wrote, the posts you're seeing were not intended as un-welcoming, but as various (and perhaps strange) attempts at humor.

As I think about the evolution of some of the inside jokes around here, I think a lot of them are take-offs on the tax protester perception of the IRS as "jack-booted thugs," as well as often pervasive paranoia about the Illuminati, Freemasons, "international banking community" (i.e., Jews), United Nations, "New World Order," FEMA, black helicopters, etc. Having gotten bored with trying to deny or refute that stuff, we now play to it.

For example, trying searching for "webhick" and "interns" (but not if you're squeamish, or using your employer's computer).

My own post was, as the Observer suggested, intended as a tease on your handle. Sorry if it didn't come off as amusing as I had hoped. Not all (or perhaps "any") of my attempts at humor succeed.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

In addition, references to (and comparisons with) Monty Python, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, various musical artists, etc are commonplace.

In specific, Flatulating Bovine, although a legitimste handle, is one of the best straight lines ever posted here.

So, put the spill protector over your keyboard, put unbreakable glass in your irony meter, and join the frivoloty - and the serious debunking of the various nasty people out there.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Paul

Post by Paul »

As are references to Dr. Tom, but only with reverence.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

My post was indeed a very friendly welcome. Getting a title is (usually) a high honor here abouts, and though no one has ever agreed with me, I fancy myself among other things the high commissioner of the rules of Quatlosian Heraldic Title Creation.

I'm also the most thoroughly Illuminati person here, I went to one of "those schools", spent time in the military as a helicopter pilot, went to grad school in England, taught for a time at a university in Ingolstadt, worked at one time for a Federal Reserve Bank and of course, my hometown is Argillite, Kentucky, World Operational Headquarters for the the Illuminati. (bonus points, if you can figure out how to see either my own or the local master of interns Facebook page, you can indeed see the building wherein is the actual smoke filled room from which we rule the world.) :haha:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

Ah. So *that* is how the strange, yet fascinating titles come into being. Sort of like a fighter pilot earning her or his call-sign. Neat.

In concise answer to the OP's question, the all-caps thing stems from the sovereign belief that they can divorce themselves, as the flesh-and-blood free man on the land, a child of God, et al., subject only to his own whimsy, the dicates of 23 of his closest friends
(i.e. the "common law grand jury/"jural society"), and his personal interpretation of the Bible and the U.S. Constitution (an odd belief for Canadian and U.K. sovereigns, but there you have it), from the corporate 14th Amendment Citizen that is otherwise subject to the statutory law of the land. You do this by a magic combination of words and documents, and suddenly, *poof* like magic you are FREE from all obligations of being an American...yet you enjoy all the benefits all the rest of us 14th Amendment slaves enjoy. What's not to love? :roll:

Bonus: In a criminal indictment or information the 14th Amendment Citizen...your "strawman," if you will, is referred to in all capital letters. That can't possibly be the same person as you, the free man traveling on the land!

You know...I've been reading this stuff for much too long, because (shudder) I'm actually beginning to understand it. I'm going to go lie down now.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Chados wrote: You know...I've been reading this stuff for much too long, because (shudder) I'm actually beginning to understand it. I'm going to go lie down now.
Whenever that stuff starts to be understandable to me, it means my blood sugar is really low. I recommend a nice nosh to restore sanity. I'd fix you a tuna sandwich if you were in reach.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

One important thing to understand when trying to translate any sovereign mythology into English is that there is seldom any one correct (consistent) explanation. Concepts and ideas get twisted and altered as they pass through each Guru in a way reminiscent of a brain damaged game of telephone. So to add to Chados's fine contribution and at risk of straining Cathulu's tuna sandwich budget even further, a few other (cat box) nuggets about ALL CAPS NAMES:

These days with word processors and computers there are many ways to add emphasis to text. We can bold it italicize, change size, color and several other ways. Now, think about how you could make important details stand out on a page with a 50 year old mechanical typewriter. WRITING IN ALL CAPS was almost all you could do. So to make the names of parties involved on court documents easier to find something of an informal convention was adopted to write them in ALL CAPS.

But living breathing person's names weren't the only name so written but artificial persons, corporation's names were as well. So through a supple leap of sovereign logic it came to be realized that all names on legal documents written in ALL CAPS were corporations, again artificial persons not flesh and blood free men on the land. And for reasons deserving of a separate thread if you refuse to admit to the court that you are that ALL CAPS entity not only will they not have jurisdiction over you but you've got a whole lot of money coming to you.

Not too heavy on the mayo if you please, Cath.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Lettuce, tomato, onion? Your choice of bread is whole wheat, whole wheat, or whole wheat. Pickles?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Additional sovereignorami mythology:

Warning -- please tighten the brain explosion prevention helments

Birth Certificates.

How does a newly-arrived flesh-and-blood individual become a government entity?

Simple. There is a birth certificate printed on bond paper thereby CREATING A BOND to be deosited with the government. Said bond is then monetized by the FED for somewhere between $5k and $5m (depending on the guru/legend).

Thus, there has come into existence the special drawing rights fund which a sovereign can use to issue his own money orders.

Stay tuned for the next lession: Roll-your-own definitions of English words (Attourners) and homonymizing (e.g Berth Certificates)
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Flatulating Bovine

Post by Flatulating Bovine »

First - I and my all capitals corporate fiction straw cow both thank you for the explanation. I will be sure to give a celebratory toot whenever I see a Monty Python reference (especially my fave, "feche la vache")

Second - yes, I know the basic (lack of) logic of these guys. I was wondering if there was a purported set of facts (heavy emphasis on purported) that they rely on in the realm of straw men and redemption nonsense. But I guess not. Someone once said it had to do with Roosevelt's acceptance speech. :brickwall: :lol: :cry: Whatever.

I actually have a fair amount of familiarity with this nonsense from local libertarian circles, and from cases involving persons who have gone to a guru to help them save their house. It can be quite comical. I may even have some real gems I could post up - names deleted of course - for yur amusement. Yes, alcohol should be involved.
Last edited by Flatulating Bovine on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flatulating Bovine

Gregg wrote:My post was indeed a very friendly welcome. Getting a title is (usually) a high honor here abouts, and though no one has ever agreed with me, I fancy myself among other things the high commissioner of the rules of Quatlosian Heraldic Title Creation.

I'm also the most thoroughly Illuminati person here, I went to one of "those schools", spent time in the military as a helicopter pilot, went to grad school in England, taught for a time at a university in Ingolstadt, worked at one time for a Federal Reserve Bank and of course, my hometown is Argillite, Kentucky, World Operational Headquarters for the the Illuminati. (bonus points, if you can figure out how to see either my own or the local master of interns Facebook page, you can indeed see the building wherein is the actual smoke filled room from which we rule the world.) :haha:
"master of interns" sounds quite Clintonian :shock:
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Flatulating Bovine wrote:I will be sure to give a celebratory toot whenever I see a Monty Python reference (especially my fave, "feche la vache")
You seem to be setting yourself up as a kind of bovine Le Pétomane (certainly the most celebrated flatulist of all time).

Which I had to mention just in case someone here did not know his story.

Yes, hang around long enough and you will get a *very* interesting title.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AndyK wrote:Additional sovereignorami mythology:

Warning -- please tighten the brain explosion prevention helments

Birth Certificates.

How does a newly-arrived flesh-and-blood individual become a government entity?

Simple. There is a birth certificate printed on bond paper thereby CREATING A BOND to be deosited with the government. Said bond is then monetized by the FED for somewhere between $5k and $5m (depending on the guru/legend).
That reminds me of David Merrill's fantasy about how the words "In God We Trust", on our currency, creates some sort of legal trust.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: That reminds me of David Merrill's fantasy about how the words "In God We Trust", on our currency, creates some sort of legal trust.
The sad thing is that he was SO close to figuring it out. It isn't a Cestui que trust but rather an ecclesiastical trust. I think his lingering bitterness over what Jesus did to his motor scooter blinded him to the truth. We dodged a bullet on that one. :roll:
Flatulating Bovine

That is some classic stuff right thar. :mrgreen:
Flatulating Bovine

I want to thank everyone for having such an informed and often hilarious discussion going at this site. I am not going to be online much in the near future but just wanted to say I've really enjoyed it. Cheers!