Gordon Hall indicted

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Gordon Hall indicted

Post by notorial dissent »

The resounding silence about Hall’s latest incarceration may be due to this being his latest failure in his acolyte’s eyes, and I’m not too sure how many he really has left, or else no one just much cares anymore. I know he isn’t the one mentioned in the circles I follow, so either he has passed in to well deserved obscurity, or else he is so nichey that I’m just not seeing him otherwise.

I do find it interesting and telling that he got his start from his parents being Birchers and then found CTC in prison, which seems to be a marvelous symmetry in and of itself.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

notorial dissent wrote:....I do find it interesting and telling that he got his start from his parents being Birchers and then found CTC in prison.....
I missed that. I looked through the links earlier in this thread, but I have not located the information about his interest in CTC. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Something Jeffrey found when he was researching.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhoHn1vpfR0

He mentions that his journey into SovCit was triggered by being given a copy of CTC around minute 3. One thing that sticks out in his lectures is how he uses his time in jail as a selling point.

I'm going to have to get back to you on which audio he mentions that his parents were John Birchers; I didn't take notes.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Jeffrey wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhoHn1vpfR0

He mentions that his journey into SovCit was triggered by being given a copy of CTC around minute 3. One thing that sticks out in his lectures is how he uses his time in jail as a selling point.

I'm going to have to get back to you on which audio he mentions that his parents were John Birchers; I didn't take notes.
I listened to the first few minutes of that rambling. He needs to spend some of his jail time learning to organize his thoughts, to figure out what he wants to say, to make his points, and to move on.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Jeffrey wrote:One thing that sticks out in his lectures is how he uses his time in jail as a selling point.
Original Gangsta, Yo!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPUMnlq3-mU

Gordon mentions that his parents were John Birchers around minute 23.
erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

Gordon Hall is scheduled for a status conference on 18 Aug to determine the date his Arizona criminal case will go to trial.

He had a Faretta hearing on 11 Jun that determined he FAILED to demonstrate a knowing and intelligent waiver of his right to counsel and denied his request to proceed without appointed counsel.

He was ordered detained pending his trial after being deemed a serious flight risk and danger to the community.
notorial dissent

So here it is the middle of Aug, almost Sept and they are just getting around to deciding when the AZ case is going to go to trial. Along the way, they figured out, or at least judicially confirmed, something we already long knew, that he wasn't and probably hasn't been firing on all cylinders, again probably for a long time, that he couldn't waive assistance of counsel, which should cut down on the side affect he seem to have, and that he is a flight risk, yeah that too.

I wonder, facetiously, if he'll try more of his usual sovcit stuff on this trial? It worked so well for him last time after all.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Another trial?

I thought he was already in jail.
erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

Jeffrey wrote:Another trial?

I thought he was already in jail.
The trial in South Carolina resulted in a 180 month sentence.

He is now facing four federal charges in Arizona, along with Benton Hall and Brandon Adams, for trying to pass fake financial instruments totalling $1,503,573.86 in Jan 2013. On top of that, he is facing a charge of being illegally in possession, as a convicted felon (Nov 1999), of 2 rifles and one pistol in Mar 2013.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Benton is Gordon's son? Plenty of his material still floating around.

Brandon is CreditorsinCommerce?
notorial dissent

I had to stop and think about this one and then go back and re-read as all I remembered was the SC conviction as well.

I'm still unclear as to how he ended up being charged in AZ of all places and whether this happened while he was still incarcerated for the first crime, wouldn't be surprised, but.... details are sketchy.
erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

He lives/lived in AZ so presumably he tried to pass the the fake money orders in AZ. That is certainly what the indictment suggests (ECF 3 at http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/28c8qc ... all-et-al/)

I think the weapons charge came about when he was arrested on the first indictment back in Mar 2013.

The grand jury indictment for his current charges was delivered in Feb 2014, so he was in detention in South Carolina at the time.
notorial dissent

So the Halls in effect got busted for trying to pass two almost $900k money orders??? Can't tell if they were just of the ordinary garden variety or if really were spurious gov't docs, doesn't really matter in the long run I would guess, and Daddy got popped for felon in possession as well.

I don't think this will go well with the courts. The two junior partners will get whatever the going sentence is, betting Daddy gets enhanced since he is a repeat offender with a gun. He's really getting too old to be doing this much longer.
erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

The US District Court for Arizona has granted the Gordon Hall's motion to continue the trial from 2 Sep to 2 Dec 2014.

So it will be another three months at least before he goes to trial.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The trial for Gordon Hall and the other defendants has been re-set for January 20, 2015.

EDIT: To recap, the defendants are:
Gordon Leroy Hall
Brandon Alexander Adams
Benton Tyler Thomas Hall
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On January 12, 2015, Benton Tyler Thomas Hall pleaded guilty to counts 3 and 4, using a fictitious instrument and aiding and abetting under 18 USC 514(a)(2) and 18 USC 2. The trial for him was not held, and sentencing is set for April 6, 2015.

On January 13, 2015, the same for Brandon Alexander Adams: He pleaded guilty to counts 3 and 4, using a fictitious instrument and aiding and abetting under 18 USC 514(a)(2) and 18 USC 2. The trial for him was not held, and sentencing is set for April 6, 2015.

The trial for defendant Gordon Leroy Hall began as scheduled on Tuesday, January 20th, and is ongoing -- with one exception. The Court granted a severance as to count 5, the charge of felon in possession of a firearm under 18 USC 922(g)(1) and 924(a)(2). The Court will set a trial date for count 5 later. The other charges against Gordon Leroy Hall are being tried in the current ongoing trial.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

As part of their guilty plea deals, both Benton Tyler Thomas Hall and Brandon Alexander Adams filed written statements with the Court asserting that they participated with Gordon Leroy Hall in activities involving fictitious money orders in a scheme intended to defraud the Internal Revenue Service.

See docket entry 88 (January 12, 2015) for Benton Tyler Thomas Hall, and docket entry 90 (January 13, 2015) for Brandon Alexander Adams, in United States v. Gordon Leroy Hall, Benton Tyler Thomas Hall and Brandon Alexander Adams, case no. 2:14-cr-00184-NVW, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On January 22, 2015, Gordon Leroy Hall was found guilty on counts 1 through 4. Sentencing has been set for April 20, 2015.

Hall awaits trial on count 5. The trial on that count may begin in mid-February, but no decision has been made yet.

Here's the relevant docket entry:
MINUTE ENTRY for proceedings held before Judge Neil V. Wake: Jury Trial (Day Three) Completed as to Gordon Leroy Hall (1) on 01/22/15. Defense counsel makes an oral motion for judgment of acquittal. Motion is denied for the reasons stated on the record. The Court suggests Tuesday, 02/17/15, as a date to try the severed count (Count 5). Counsel are directed to confer and let the deputy clerk know within a couple of days if this date will work for both parties. Gordon Leroy Hall (1) found guilty as to Count 1-4 of the Indictment. Sentencing set for 04/20/15, at 11:00 AM, in Courtroom 504, 401 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003 before Judge Neil V. Wake. The Court directs the U.S. Probation Office to prepare a presentence report. See minutes for details. (Court Reporters Liz Lemke and Laurie Adams (for verdict only).) Hearing held 9:09 a.m. to 4:22 p.m. (NKS) (Entered: 01/22/2015)