Gordon Hall indicted

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Gordon Hall indicted

Post by notorial dissent »

Certainly seems like this has been a long time in coming. Bet he had a few pithy things to say afterwards as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

For Benton Tyler Thomas Hall, I believe sentencing is still set for April 6, 2015.

At the request of the government, the Court dropped count 5 against Gordon Leroy Hall in February. His sentencing on counts 1 through 4 is set for April 20, 2015.

For Brandon Alexander Adams, sentencing has been re-set for May 18, 2015.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Benton Hall was sentenced on April 6, 2015. Docket entry:
JUDGMENT AND COMMITMENT ISSUED as to Benton Tyler Thomas Hall (3): Counts 3 and 4, Defendant committed to the Bureau of Prisons for TWENTY-SEVEN (27) MONTHS on Count 3 and TWENTY-SEVEN (27) MONTHS on Count 4, terms to run concurrently. Sentence to be served concurrently with the sentence imposed in United States District Court, District of South Carolina, Greenville Division in 6:13-CR-00170. Supervised release of THREE (3) YEARS is imposed on Count 3 and on Count 4, terms to run concurrently. Special Assessment $200.00. Counts 1 and 2 are dismissed. Signed by Judge Neil V Wake on 4/6/2015.(LMR) (Entered: 04/06/2015)
----docket entry 119, April 6, 2015, United States v. Benton Tyler Thomas Hall, case no. 2:14-cr-00184-NVW-3, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona (Phoenix Div.).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Sentencing for Gordon Hall has been re-set for June 15, 2015. Defendant requested the delay, and the government did not object.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The sentencing for Brandon Alexander Adams, which had been set for May 18, was re-set for June 15, 2015.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

On June 16, 2015, Brandon Alexander was sentenced to 40 months. On June 17, Gordon Hall was sentenced to 96 months, to run consecutively with the South Carolina sentence. Recall that that sentence was 180 months. So Gordie is doing 23 years.

Seems like someone facing 23 years in the federal pen might reflect on whether what he does is working. But that "someone" would not be Gordie Hall. Two days after the sentence, he files a "Rejection of Offer for Cause Without Dishonor". That'll show 'em.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Gordy is the gift of stupid that just keeps on giving.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:... Two days after the sentence, he files a "Rejection of Offer for Cause Without Dishonor". That'll show 'em.
The fact that someone could write out in longhand a stream of utter nonsense in such detail should be looked at as evidence of mental defect; I submit that perhaps because of his incarceration, Hall may now actually be caught up in an even deeper fantasy of his ego's own making.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent

I think it's the same string of nuttiness that he had going from the beginning. I would just like to know for my own curiosity if he actually believes any/all of it, or if it is just one more act in a really bad play, since I do know there are people who really do fully believe in this crazy. Doesn't make them any less crazy, or guilty, but it at least explains a few things.s
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Gordon Hall has acted this way throughout the trial. It's as if he's trying to set up an insanity defense. At the beginning he just couldn't express a wish either to have a lawyer or to go pro se, his answers to simple questions were long undiagramable gibberish.
notorial dissent

I know he's been doing this particular song and dance routine from the beginning, but doesn't really tell me if it is an act or if he is a for real and true died in the stupid believer. I'm inclined to believe he is a true believing nutcase, but that isn't based on anything really concrete other than my admittedly distant take on the proceedings. After all, as Freud is reputed to have said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

notorial dissent wrote: ... real and true died in the stupid believer. ...
:snicker:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

It was all for nothing anyhow, everyone knows that a rejection of offer without dishonor is no good without a thumbprint.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

notorial dissent wrote:a for real and true died in the stupid believer ...
I think you meant "dyed". I'm not sure, mind you. :snicker:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

To bring us up to date:

Sixty-two year old Gordon Leroy Hall is inmate # 41280-054 at the United States Penitentiary at Marion, Illinois. His scheduled release date is March 27, 2033.