Gold Shield Alliance - Freedom Club affiliate

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Re: Gold Shield Alliance - Freedom Club affiliate

Post by davids »

notorial dissent wrote:Möwe, yes that does, gives a whole new meaning to a day late and a dollar short for some of them. I would suspect, as you point out, that most of the OPCA types usually don't get in to this mode until it is too late or nearly too late, and so there really isn't much you can do other than just file the things. The scarce few who still have a few minutes left on the clock are another matter entirely. I think it speaks highly of all of you that you do go the extra little bit to give them the opportunity to pull their heads out of the lions mouth or their nether regions, whichever, although it doesn't seem to be happening much.

Yes, I agree. As much as they are entertaining, it's also really sad to see them go on all Tertelgte-style knowing that they're just painting "idiot" on their foreheads and dooming themselves to the worst possible results.
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

Freedom club/Gold shield alliance has one of the most..bizarre...new spins on its "give us cash for promised remedies that will never come" scam.

So the premise of Freedom Club USA and all of its other scam programs is that you give these people money and then when they get "funded" when NESARA happens (AKA never) you will cash in to the tune of $150k-$300k per debt you owe depending on the type of debt (only a measly $150k for every credit card debt, but like $300k for that mortgage!). Why? Well because through the magic of the "administrative remedy" (AKA gibberish sov'run paperwork) and NESARA mythology about how banks cashed in on your signature, you are owed massive sums.

But now there is a NEW SPIN on the scam you can BID and pay these scammers more money every day in order to cash in bigger amounts on your administrative remedy after NESARA:
http://freedomclubusa.com/million_dollar_golden_bid/

This thing is extremely complex, but basically from what I can tell in addition to paying $2k-$3k to these scammers for your gibberish remedy paperwork you can now pay them up to an additional $10k (!) for EACH DEBT (!) and instead of collecting a piddly $100k on that credit card debt now you get $1 million.

Of course, all payments on your bids are due within 24 hours and you only get your increased pay outs when they get funding post-NESARA, which is also known as never, so really they are just milking idiots for even more money. How can people be so stupid? They are literally giving these idiots hundreds of thousands for NOTHING.
JennyD
Captain
Captain

Post by JennyD »

LiD:

I would love to go into the psych of how these people are able to continuously bilk the desperate out of their last dollars for the promise of more riches, but that would take pages upon pages, and I'd probably crash the Quatloos servers.

Suffice it to say it's a pretty easy formula if you're on the "giving" end of one of these scams:

Desperation is inversely proportional to the size of the promise being made.

In simple terms, if you are so desperate that you are about to be homeless,and can't seem to get enough money together for even a 3.50 cent cheap pasta meal from Stop and Shop, then you are more likely to buy into a promise of "all debt is forgiven" and "you will be a millionaire" scams. It's very sad, but it's been scientifically proven a few times over..
LightinDarkness

Freedom Club USA is getting more desperate - at this point in time Tom & Friends have been running this scam for almost 10 years and been promising "funding" any day now. They've scammed thousands of people over the years paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for "administrative remedy" processing promising huge payouts that will, of course, never come.

But now they are adding a $30/month required "fee" for all "members" - remember, people who have already paid $300 to join and then $2-5k for each "remedy."
FCUSA Members,

Although this was explained in the recent newsletter and on club calls, it appears a few still have questions around the recent $30/month maintenance fee.

Some asked about club voting. If you read your club agreement, you will discover you do not have voting rights. However, we take member input seriously and what we hear is a constant need for funding. This, of course, has been our mission from our founding.

To get to that point of funding, we need to complete many aspects that cost an ever increasing amount as the club grows. Web sites, conference lines, office space, phones, staff, hosting fees, programming costs, mail, supplies, research, computers, printers, etc. and that's before we pay one commission. If you bought a car with a full tank of gas, a month later you will realize you need gas again and thus incur a cost. So it is with the club. Your membership or AR (full gas tank) from months or years ago is long dry and needs refilling. Thus a maintenance fee of about $1/day to get your payouts of millions is well justified.
Apparently even extremely stupid people who pay out thousands and wait for years for payouts which will never come have limits - they want "voting rights" in the scam! Like most financial scams on this board (dinars, prosperity funds, etc.) Freedom Club USA and its other affiliated scams preys on people who are already in financial desperation. These people have finances that are so bad they are calling into the conference calls and asking if they can send money orders or reloadable cards because their bank accounts are garnished to the hilt.

As far as these mythical funding scams go, Freedom Club USA creates probably the most hardship on the financially illiterate/desperate by charging insane amounts - for the money most of these people are putting in ($5k-$10k each) they could hire a very good bankruptcy attorney and clear most of their debts.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Let's see if anyone mentions that the club growing should mean fees from the new members to cover the new expenses.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Well well well... Karma has caught up with the Freedom Club U.S.A. / Gold Shield Alliance folks.
Now things become very interesting.

Been a rough month for these guys. In Canada the courts declare their scheme a fraud and a basis for civil contempt (Alberta Treasury Branches v Nielson, 2014 ABQB 383: http://canlii.ca/t/g7n0r) and now the SEC is breathing down their necks.

I usually avoid pejorative language but in this case I'm quite content to label the promoters as scum. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching them twist in the wind.

LightinDarkness, have any chatter for us?

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
LightinDarkness

Mowe, I am so happy to hear this - I was just getting around to checking up on the GSA to see what our favorite scammers have been up to. As you know there are two parts to Freedom Club scam:

(1) Administrative Remedies - This is the scam Tom has been running since 2004, and is the focus of the SEC complaint. What I find amazing is that they say he has gotten over 2,000 people to pay for their ARs with promises of "funding." If you figure an average AR price of $2,000 each, that means this guy has made over $4 million dollars off this scam. And not only that, but its likely $2,000 average is low - given all the "promotions" he runs to jack up the price I'd imagine the real median AR people have bought is between $3,000 and $3,500.

(2) Gold Shield Alliance - Sadly, it does not appear as though the SEC complaint addresses this unless I have missed something. Given the fees for this, and since its been running for a few years now, I would expect Tom and company have received another $1-$2 million off this scam.

What GSA/Freedom Club shows me is that just how gullible people can be. For 10 years Tom Lawler has been running a(terribly formatted) website and using new age/sovereign/redemption mythology to get people to pay huge sums of money - and hes made millions from it. And even though not a dime of his "administrative remedy process" has been paid out, people kept buying them even after years of promises of funding any day now.

In reviewing the Freedom Club website I note that Tom has removed most references to the AR scam, but he is still peddling the GSA even as of this Monday on the weekly propaganda calls. I do note that he was very careful on Monday about talking about ARs. He did mention the SEC lawsuit, and laughably brushed it off as a few angry ex-members (which doesn't seem to be the case - this is not a complaint by individuals, its from the SEC). This man is either supremely stupid or supremely cocky to still try to sell his GSA scam while under investigation by the SEC for another scam.

But the end is near - although he still has kept the website up, many links regarding the AR process are gone or no longer work. Nearly all the call recordings have mysteriously vanished, except for the most recent Monday call where he didn't peddle the AR scam. It looks like from other forums people are reporting his staff of 3 or 4 people have fled for the hills. I am so happy to see its the beginning of the end for yet another redemption scammer!
LightinDarkness

I just finished the GSA call from 8/4. It was hilarious. Tom didn't mention the "administrative remedies" until 20 minutes in in which he stated that they aren't offering any ARs because the SEC is doing their "due diligence." No, Tom, due diligence is the process of investigating you before filing formal charges. Tom presents the SEC suit as "disgruntled former members" who were upset about lack of funding (perhaps because funding doesn't exist, Tom?) but assured all that they would be offering ARs again "soon."

And wouldn't you know it? Tom has some fancy UCC "notorial protest" he plans to make to get all this cleared up, and surely the SEC will drop their suit once they see the full power of his UCC papers. :haha:
LightinDarkness

I can't be sure but it looks like Tom Lawler's millions from FCUSA/GSA have been frozen now, the hearing was last week about that. On this week's call (I love that he keeps doing calls about this stuff - its like handing the SEC more evidence) he revealed that the website went down briefly because the bank account he was paying out of was shutdown by the SEC. Interesting that he revealed that since he also claims that the SEC has done nothing and all this will be just fine and he'll be back to selling ARs again once they behold his powerful paperwork.

However, despite the fact that he is apparently lying and the freeze did go through, Tom is as I said before doing the insane thing of continuing to promote his GSA scam on his calls. This week he even started doing his normal promises of "funding" happening this week and claiming all those evil elites were arrested again (what is this, the 100th time the world elites have been arrested in the past few years?). I presume all the promises of funding/fantasizing about mass arrests was to stop people from bailing the sinking ship. Hes still got thousands of people signed up doing monthly cash payments for his scams.

Finally, a note on how insane the people are that buy into this stuff: Someone called in saying they had placed an FCUSA order for the administrative remedy scam, but did not pay for them. They WANTED TO KNOW HOW THEY COULD PAY FOR THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW THE SEC HAD SHUT LAWLER DOWN. Really? How stupid can you be? You've been informed you bought into a scam where this guy is basically taking your money and going on Hawaiian vacations with it, and that the SEC has an injunction to shut down his bank accounts to stop it, AND YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH WITH GIVING HIM MONEY ANYWAYS? This is just an incredible level of stupidity at work, just incredible.
LightinDarkness

I was looking at the court transcripts for the SEC actions against Freedom club (found here: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=255047&page=54). I saw some interesting things I wanted to share.

Freedom Club USA has scammed about 2,000 people out of approximately 4 million dollars - and thats is just all they can document from 2012. During that time, people who pay for this stuff have each paid between $1000 and $10000 each on the promise of big pay outs with the mythical NESARA. Remember this scam has been going on for 10 years. Tom Lawler admits in the hearing that the "club" has had over 10,000 members since it started and to be a member you need to pay at least $300, that is another 3 million dollars.
If the SEC were able to do a total accounting, its likely the magnitude of this fraud has passed 15 million dollars total.

The judge asks Lawler if hes ever paid any member of his program. Lawler answers that its not his responsibility to pay people, he just sends the letters to President Obama and the Secretary of the Treasury and orders them to do it. If they fail to fund the payouts its because the bureaucracy got in the way. Lawler testifies that he suspects its just that Obama et. al. are a little busy with the dinar revaluation. But after that, his members will get paid. :haha: :brickwall:

Two things are shocking about this:
(1) The sheer number of idiots willing to pay this man for such an obvious scam.
and
(2) That even in the face of a SEC court case, Tom Lawler is still spouting off to the judge about how its all true and we all have birth trust accounts controlled by the Vatican.

I mean literally this guy has become a multimillionaire off of doing nothing more than telling prosperity/conspiracy believers what they want to hear. It is amazing.