Gold Shield Alliance - Freedom Club affiliate

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Re: Gold Shield Alliance - Freedom Club affiliate

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

So as I had anticipated the Organization has received an additional followup packet of material from Gold Shield Alliance. The packet had three components:
  • 1. An agency between GSA and the Foreclosure Dude that supposedly lets GSA act on behalf of Foreclosure Dude

2. A letter to Jacob J. Lew, Secretary of the Treasury, U.S. Federal government.

3. "Payoff Instructions US Treasury Settlement", addressed to The Target in the first set of documents.
The agency document is unremarkable and simply names GSA as Attorney-in-Fact and Agent.

The more interesting document is the letter to Jacob Lew, which instructs him to pay all of Foreclosure Dude's debts from FORECLOSURE DUDE's "birth Trust account" indexed to his social insurance number (Canada) or social security number (U.S.). The letter says:
The birth Trust account is the customer account referenced by their SS or SIN number. The name will be in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
The "Payoff Instructions" document now indicates that the Foreclosure Dude's various debtors can anticipate cheques from the U.S. Treasury that will be paid out of the FORECLOSURE DUDE "birth Trust" account, and so they should stop collection/bankruptcy activities.

And we have, at least, an explanation of just how this is supposed to work:
I. Introduction to the Trust: Beneficiary Reclamation

All "book" or circulated money in our world originates from our birth Trust account. As each individual was born their future energies were captured from their birth certificate as part of a growing national Trust. This Trust is the source of all loaned money in our current society. All local, county, state and federal governments, banks, IRS, CRA and courts receive their power on the "presumption" it controls these Trust accounts for the purposes of its mission. This "presumption" has directed initiatives that are unfavourable to the true beneficiaries of the Trust account(s).

The attached documents activate the control of the subject Trust account(s) to its true beneficiaries, in the common law original jurisdiction for the purpose of paying-in-full all obligations of the Trust account(s) by the Department of the Treasury who have been duly notified and are ready to serve the true beneficiaries.

II. Trust Definition:

A simple trust (sometimes referred to as a bare trust or a mandatory trust) is a trust in which the beneficiary has a right to both income and capital and may call for both to be remitted into his own name. The beneficiary is also entitled to take actual ownership and control of the trust property. Though there are trustees they are only effectively nominees and must act according to the beneficiary's instructions.

III. Displacement and Assignment of True Beneficiary:

Per the attached affidavit, Foreclosure Dude is/are now the true beneficiary(s), of the respective FORECLOSURE DUDE Trust Accounts hereafter referred to as Trust name.

[a whole lot of instructions to pay this and that, "expunge" court records, and so on.]

Penalties for non-complience: Committing a breach of trust or one knowingly assisting such breach can be held liable for losses incurred as a result of the breach. Jurisdiction in this matter has moved to Common Law Original jurisdiction.

No statutory law, government or court has authority over the true beneficiary or director of their Trust.

GSA appreciates the positive spirit applied to successfully satisfy the full payment of this account through special means. GSA also wishes to acknowledge the full cooperation of all the public servants making this a "paid in full" win for all.

Respectfully,

GSA Attorney-in-Fact
For Beneficiary(s)
[Style reproduced for fun.]

So, there you have it. GSA is nothing more than a classic Sovereign Citizen type "redemption" money for nothing approach. GSA has ‘seized control’ of a secret bank account that belongs to the beneficiary and is instructing the U.S. Treasury pay various bills and debts from that source.

Why the U.S. Treasury would have secret bank accounts for Canadian citizens is merely one illogical aspect of this debt elimination arrangement.

Needless to say, my Organization has not received any cheques from the U.S. Treasury. I am quite certain that Jacob Lew is simply ignoring anything GSA sends him.

But GSA want its pound of flesh, and is demanding a 10% slice of those funds as its "settlement fee":
Each CREDITOR is to submit a check payable to the beneficiary(s) Trust name for ten (10) percent of the gross payoff proceeds received from the Department of the Treasury as a settlement fee. Include full financial transaction accounting.
The letter to Lew also instructs that:
"Add a 10% settlement fee to your Treasury claim total and include a check for this 10% amount payable to the customer in their Trust name, i.e. in "ALL CAPS" and mail c/o GSA.
The Organization will be ignoring this tripe. Foreclosure Dude (and FORECLOSURE DUDE) still face foreclosure.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Basically a slightly drifted version of that ever popular and good old standby the redemption scam. I like it that it now seems to encompass the US treasury paying money out to Canadian citizens as well from the super duper secret accounts. Amazing the number of people who do fall for that every year, and that they can just keep right on selling it to the desperate and unwary.

I'm sure that by this point there is a file at the Treasury for letter of this type, if nothing else so that they have some to fall back on when they ultimately prosecute the purveyor. I suspect it is bad enough that they actually have to have a correspondence section that handles stuff like this.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Hmm. It looks like the general explanation for Gold Shield Alliance has already shifted - how very like the classic prosperity program approach. The GSA website now links on its front page to an annotated version (GSA's notes in red) of an "Apostolic Letter" issued on July 11 by the new Pope (http://www.gold-shield-alliance.com/papal_decree).

GSA summarizes the Letter this way:
[Synopsis: Church = People = Trust

The Vatican created a world trust using the birth certificate to capture the value of each individual’s future productive energy. Each state, province and country in the fiat monetary system, contributes their people’s value to this world trust identified by the SS, SIN or EIN numbers (for example) maintained in the Vatican registry. Corporations worldwide (individuals became corporate fictions through their birth certificate) are connected to the Vatican through law (Vatican to Crown to BAR to laws to judge to people) and through money (Vatican birth accounts value to IMF to Treasury (Federal Reserve) to banks to people (loans) to judges (administration) and sheriffs (confiscation).

Judges administer the birth trust account in court matters favoring the court and the banks, acting as the presumed “beneficiary” since they have not properly advised the “true beneficiary” of their own trust. Judges, attorneys, bankers, lawmakers, law enforcement and all public officials (servants) are now held personally liable for their confiscation of true beneficiary’s homes, cars, money and assets; false imprisonment, deception, harassment, and conversion of the true beneficiary’s trust funds.]
I wonder if the people who bought into GSA to date will now receive another letter, saying "Whoops, we need a couple hundred more bucks to write to the Pope." And then there will be a barrage of letters sent off to the Vatican as well as the lucky Mr. Lew.

But, in any case, that still doesn't help Foreclosure Dude or FORECLOSURE DUDE.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dove, in her NESARA scam, actually did some of the things that she promised her followers, At least her acolytes (the Take Action Team) did them at her behest. This included a a big letter-writing campaign to the Supreme Court telling them to anounce NESARA, apparently the court was swamped with them. She had an old and apparently half-senile woman giving her money and she used it to rent a good sized truck that had NESARA NOW! painted on the sides like a billboard. She had this driven around Washington DC for a few days. She also got a bunch of dupes to picket the World Court in Brussels with NESARA NOW! signs, purportedly because the World Court, for some reason I couldn't fathom, had to sign off on NESARA and was dragging its heels. It still is. All in all she put up a show for her followers.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

I have been meaning for quite some time to update the GSA thread with a review of the documentation received by The Organization in the past several months. We have, in the interim, had another three GSA participants emerge: another Foreclosure Dude, Credit Card Debt Man, and most recently Bankruptcy Lad. All trying (ineffectively) to scour away the stains of debt…

The documentation has taken an abrupt turn – GSA no longer makes any mention of Mr. Jacob Lew, but instead has focused entirely on the Apostolic Letter, attaching an annotated version of that document to every package The Organization has received. Here is a copy (http://www.freedomclubusa.com/papal_decree); the annotations are in red.

The latest development is a “Warning” document that states unless the recipient does not comply with GSA’s instructions:
In 30 days your name will be entered into the new International World Court database of lawbreakers for your criminal offenses against humanity, should you NOT COMPLY with the enclosed directives. You can expect contact directly from World Court authorities.
Later the “Warning” identifies this court as the “Original Common Law World Court”.

So that made me curious and I popped by the GSA and Freedom Club Canada websites. I was quite surprised at what I found – I think GSA has converted to a prosperity program, but would be very interested in the conclusions of those more familiar with such schemes.

First, GSA is now advertising that persons can obtain an “Administrative Remedy” (usually abbreviated “AR”), that complements the GSA debt removal scheme. My interpretation of the GSA/Freedom Club materials is that if you have made a GSA debt clearance claim you can join the “Bronze Stage” AR to get additional cash at a future time. It costs $2700.00, but for that the Bronze Subscriber will receive at some point in the future between $100,000.00 and $375,000.00 per GSA debt clearance claim (http://freedomclubusa.com/rewards). You can “boost” your AR benefits by $100,000.00 or $200,000.00 by paying an additional $1000.00 or $2000.00 (http://freedomclubusa.com/early_bronze_ar_booster).

There are additional AR bonuses for signing up to be an “Ambassador” (http://freedomclubusa.com/ambassador_bonus), making this a MLM, and GSA is offering exciting holiday trips as well (http://freedomclubusa.com/fcusa_victory_celebration).

And it seems that the notices The Organization has received from GSA on the impending Original Common Law World Court proceedings actually require another buy-in by our various suckers: $100.00 to activate the “GSA World Court Notification System” (http://freedomclubusa.com/inc/sdetail/62146/65275). But it must be effective, as GSA observes:
The World Court Notification System will notify the International World Court authorities of your lender's abuse or failure to comply. These are the same authorities who have arrested 80% of the worlds dark hats and will be directed to take necessary actions.
The “dark hats” comment hints at a new flavour to GSA. The entire scheme has taken an increasingly conspiratorial tone. For example, one of the common banner ads reads:
One Magical AR/GSA
Beginning

> End of Reptilians
> End of Immunities
> Thinning of Veil
to 5th Dimension
> Papal Decree
> Katherin May Call
> Keating - Wanta - Barnwall

Funding Begins

Early Bronze closes........
learn more
I have not tried to identify what role the “Reptilians” play in this scheme. However, that parallels a decidedly flakey new-age aspect that has appeared in many GSA-oriented communiques, for example in this report by “founder Tom” (http://canadafcusa.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... under-tom/):
Do You Believe in Magic

A week ago for the first time since i have been measuring human energy growth and posting on our .org site, the energy indices dropped 1-2 points on the groups tested. A normal week would be an advance of 1-2 points.

Something magical happened starting Wednesday last week on 10/23/13 and has continued right up to this posting. Can you believe perhaps a 10 point jump? That would be outstanding. How about a 25 point jump… even more outstanding. How about a 100 point jump… impossible you say? Then what would a 200 point just be? We’re still not there…

We encountered a jump of 269 points in less that one week! That is a whopping 35% increase worldwide!!

Can you say ascension? Indeed, ascension is well underway. Can you feel something in the air and in your heart?

With 452 individuals in the first ascended group, they are awestruck and absorbing their new gifts in most loving company. The launchpad number for ascending is 2000 or above.

Here are the numbers from a week ago and now:

Energy Indices

FCUSA: 1553 > 1591
USA: 757 > 864
Canada: 724 > 872
World: 766 > 1035
% of human hearts open: 98%
% of hearts fully open: 53 > 62%
% of human minds open: 99%
% of minds fully open: 40 > 48%

So, how does one improve their numbers for ascension? Many are offered right here as part of our club offerings:
Wednesday Prosperity calls
Earth News
Quantum Energetics (QE).

By far QE can boost your energy index the fastest by joining our live or recorded sessions. Learn more: http://freedomclubusa.com/quantum_energetics
Ascension sounds like a pretty attractive option - instant bio-tuneup! - but it does seem to require a pretty hippy-esque zeitgeist (http://canadafcusa.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... -dawn-tom/):
The first group of 542 test ascenders have left the planet and are coming to full consciousness. As part of their upgrade, they are being refurbished in their healing chambers and returning to youthful beings. Their return to Earth will follow soon.

Some ways to prepare yourself for ascension is to let go of all old and current angers, fears, bitterness, sadness, etc. This has come about from your life experiences and separation with your Creator and the loss of deep unconditional love. We all agreed to play this Earth game knowing the rules and now is the time to end this game and return to our hearts and reengage with Creator and his/her unconditional love for each of us.

Can you love your perpetrators? This is not easy, but essential. This is why we do QE (Quantum Energetics) with all our members who choose. We know of nothing faster or more powerful to release deep hurts even from childhood we are still carrying. Unresolved, they lead to dis-ease. Resolved, they lead to natural healing from the inside out.

Nameste,

Tom
I guess Ascension is not for me; I rather enjoy my usual state of borderline rage.

We also have regular excited conspiratorial updates of all kinds, telephone conference calls for the lucky subscribers to share notes and learn news - all the usual prosperity program flags.

Here’s what strikes me as the ugly part; I have a nasty suspicion that the GSA debt elimination scheme was intended and designed from the start as bait for people who would then be a gullible and desperate pool from whom ongoing contributions could be elicited, all as the promise of a larger and larger AR is dangled, just around the corner.

Comments from those more knowledgable in this subject are very welcome. If I am correct it may be this thread belongs in the “Prosperity Program – NESERA” subforum instead of here.

SMS Möwe
notorial dissent

Amazing!!!

The pickings must have gotten thin in the debt clearance scam so they decided to branch out.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Sounds like part NESRA, part Scientology, with just a touch of Elizabeth Claire Prophet.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

Nothing like the good old tried and true scams when all else fails.
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

Mowe,

Actually - I think, I could be wrong - its the reverse order of events. I investigated FCUSA for a few months in the summer. The Scam.com message boards had an active thread on it with one of the disgruntled members posting links to the recorded "members only" conference call. Someone from FCUSA watches closely for what shows up in google when you type in "freedom club scam" and found the thread and somehow got Scam.com to delete it. Its hard to ascertain the correct order of (scam) events without them, but from what I could tell:

(1) FCUSA seems to date back to at least 2005, and its led by a new age guru/scam artist who calls himself Tom. The scam actually began as a modified prosperity scam, whereby Tom offered anyone stupid enough to pay him money that "administrative remedy" which would guarantee them fantastical sums that Tom would unlock using soverign citizen/prosperity style magic.

(2) From 2005 to 2009, the scam just got more elaborate. He started adding levels, then the pyramid scam component you talked about where these idiots pay thousands to be "Ambassadors" and get a commission for recruiting other idiots. There are lots of really angry ex-FCUSA members out there who lament they never got their "remedy," but Tom keeps getting new ones through the "Ambassador" pyramid scam and there are a sizable number who just keep hanging on much like the dinar idiots keep hanging on for an RV. Tom always promises them that the administrative remedy is just days away. He is VERY good with creating a sense of urgency to get idiots to sign up for this. His different levels are always "for a limited time only" to get people to rush to pay him money and he closes them (and then later creates new levels) to make people think they are getting in on a "deal."

(3) Around 2009 or so he started offering another way to get money out of these idiots, and that is his QR healing scam. Basically he promises you "quantum" new age style "energy" work for money, which he claims to to by phone, and people pay for that as well.

(4) This year in 2013 is when he started Gold Shield Alliance, yet another way to get people to pay him money for promising insane things he knows won't happen. This time, as you know, its a debt elimination scam. The idiots pay big bucks for this so that they will be debt free when the "administrative remedy" comes and so they can be rich without having to pay any of their debts.

So thats actually three concurrent sources of income that Tom has conned people from: (1) "administrative remedy" scam starting in 2005, (2) QR "energy healing" scam in 2009. and (3) Gold Shield Alliance in 2013. Its actually quite profitable, hes getting thousands of dollars per mark on this so if you even get 100 people to do it you can live off it for years since hes taking the money and pocketing it. To me this whole thing is probably the worse of the worse when it comes to prosperity scams in that the people believing in it have paid thousands to Tom (usually from credit cards or mortgage refinance loans, not money that they actually had) AND the level of stupid you have to be to buy this stuff is so high it just boggles the mind that he is able to do this.

By the way, just curious, why would someone who had declared bankruptcy (you said your organization had receiving GSA gibberish paperwork from someone who was bankrupt) need to wipe away their debts? Doesn't bankruptcy do that?
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Thanks for that review LightinDarkness. I had not fully appreciated the backstory on Freedom Club. This seems very much an evolving scheme.
LightinDarkness wrote:By the way, just curious, why would someone who had declared bankruptcy (you said your organization had receiving GSA gibberish paperwork from someone who was bankrupt) need to wipe away their debts? Doesn't bankruptcy do that?
Bankruptcy Lad's documentation is cryptic. A little explanation - when the first GSA packages arrived they were very detailed, carefully formatted documents with lots of specific instructions, pre-prepared forms to be filled, and so on. All were shipped express post, with registration and tracking. They looked pretty professional. I soon realized that some of the matter identification indicia pointed to court files and so I was able to track down the background of the GSA subscribers in that way.

As time went on, the GSA packages have become vastly more slapdash and authoritarian - thou shall do this or that - and no longer appear to be conventional commercial or legal documents. They also arrive by mundane snailmail. The lastest volley, which includes the first appearance of Bankruptcy Lad's matter, is reduced to a few notices only populated by a few variable fields. And the all-important Apostolic Letter.

The reason this is relevant is when Bankruptcy Lad's documents dropped on my desk I looked through them for the tell-tale court file numbers - and lo, they are there but ... they look like absolutely nothing in our jurisdiction. I ran Bankruptcy Lad's name through various searches and sure, he and The Organization have been involved, but that was years and years ago, in various collection and insolvency matters.

I could have spent a lot of time trying to work through Bankruptcy Lad's backstory but I actually do have real work, so my investigation ended at that point. So that means whatever Bankruptcy Lad was trying to achieve is a bit of a guess. I can suggest two possibilities.

First, it is not unusual that a bankrupt will be required in Canada to make a certain number of payments for a period of time to the debtor pool post-bankruptcy. It may be that Bankruptcy Lad is trying to avoid that obligation.

However, the second and I think more likely scenario is that Bankruptcy Lad is somehow thinking his magic GSA documents will unwind all his prior debts, foreclosures, etc., and that all that lost stuff will flood back to him.

That's a guess. I have a rather low expectation for the 'thinkingness' of the average OPCA litigant, but the GSA target pool is grim even by that standard, so I hesitate to propose exactly what Bankruptcy Lad expects. Well, aside from his multimillion dollar AR payout.

SMS Möwe
LightinDarkness

Mowe, any updates on how your employer dealt with the GSA fruitcake letters? I am very interested in this particular scam. We see a lot of crazy stuff on this board, but the vast majority are just crazy people being crazy - they may be delusional, but they aren't charging for it (like RuSA). At most they beg for donations.

The scammers behind Freedom Club USA/Gold Shield Alliance deserve a special place in hell for all the false hope they offer people at the cost of thousands of dollars. Yes, you have to be very gullible to fall for this kind of scam, but just because someone is gullible doesn't mean they should be taken advantage of. Just to do one "administrative remedy" and have Tom (the FCUSA cult leader) tell you your money is coming "next week!" costs nearly $3k ($300 membership fee plus $2700 for gibberish documents).

They have recently been holding some public calls for prospective members and just listening to it is infuriating. Its always someone whose being foreclosed on or has other debt problems, and instead of seeking legitimate help through bankruptcy or some other avenue they are paying Gold Shield Alliance thousands of dollars for gibberish documents sent to the "world court." They could use all the thousands of dollars they are throwing at GSA and hire a really good bankruptcy lawyer, most lawyers in the US will do bankruptcies for $1k-$2k so I'd imagine $3k+ would get you very nice treatment.
notorial dissent

LightinDarkness wrote:They could use all the thousands of dollars they are throwing at GSA and hire a really good bankruptcy lawyer, most lawyers in the US will do bankruptcies for $1k-$2k so I'd imagine $3k+ would get you very nice treatment.
That, and avoiding the possibility that you might just get to go to prison on top of all their other problems for using some of those documents.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

LightinDarkness wrote:Mowe, any updates on how your employer dealt with the GSA fruitcake letters? I am very interested in this particular scam. ...
Nothing new, really. GSA has fired The Organization a few minor variations on the previous documents, but it's pretty much all the same. They are sticking to the Papal Decree as the basis for threats against "public servants and agents thereof". The last GSA documents were in November - it's been quiet since.

Needless to say, we have not (yet) seen any action from the World Court.

It's a bit of a pattern change from the original waves of documents, where the same 'action' came up again and again. Now we just get the Papal Decree materials, "Notice of Liability", and that's it.

One thing I don't know about GSA - perhaps you have picked up some chatter on the point - is whether GSA 'cc's their customers what they send. "Best Efforts" or not, the current approach must seem a little disappointing.

But we did get our first OPPT "Courtesy Notice" last month! I was extremely excited.

SMS Möwe
LightinDarkness

Mowe! Do give us details (at least what you can say)! Someone is still sending out OPPT courtesy notices in March 2013? You'd think they would look at the comments on the OPPT website to see the 100% failure rate, but I guess if they were that intelligent they wouldn't be sending courtesy notices to begin with.
notorial dissent

Someone's always slow about reading their memos, or maybe they're so not in the loop they've dropped off the cc list.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

LightinDarkness wrote:Mowe! Do give us details (at least what you can say)! Someone is still sending out OPPT courtesy notices in March 2013? You'd think they would look at the comments on the OPPT website to see the 100% failure rate, but I guess if they were that intelligent they wouldn't be sending courtesy notices to begin with.
The sad truth is that the Do-er and Be-er appears to simply be moving through a nest of OPCA precedents, trying them one after another. I think this is the fourth or fifth variation?

The one previous was, believe it or not, an old-school Menardian "Constructive Notice of Child of God Status" (http://api.ning.com/files/c3yyoaj2Q7PnZ ... ToKnow.pdf).

It's kind of pathetic.

SMS Möwe
notorial dissent

I'm curious, what do you do when you get something like that in the mail from someone, do you just file it away for future use, or is there some kind of response you send out, that has always been a question of mine.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

notorial dissent wrote:I'm curious, what do you do when you get something like that in the mail from someone, do you just file it away for future use, or is there some kind of response you send out, that has always been a question of mine.
I think the appropriate response would be an Official Notice to Gey Kokken Offen Yahm. (For non-Yiddish speakers, that literally means "go defecate in the ocean"; the connotation is slightly more vulgar than "get lost" and slightly less vulgar than "go f*** yourself.")
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

notorial dissent wrote:I'm curious, what do you do when you get something like that in the mail from someone, do you just file it away for future use, or is there some kind of response you send out, that has always been a question of mine.
Truth told, it depends. In The Organization we have found that a large number of Sovereign/Freeman documents that simply appear by mail are, for pretty much any purpose, irrelevant. Once I track down the related legal matter I discover the deal is done - the matter is legally concluded because the source did not show, there has been summary judgment, appeal periods have expired, and so on. Not only are the documents The Organization received legally irrelevant, we couldn't do anything with them one way or another even if we wanted to. Those get stuck on file with a (very short) memo summarizing the subject matter and investigation.

In a smaller number of instances magic documents appear and relate to a live issue. In those instances the usual response is a quick letter in reply: no, we don't buy into that, you might want to read Meads v. Meads, see you in court. Perhaps go into a some further detail on what legal authorities have commented on this specific strategy.

The Organization tries to be reasonable in these instances because, frankly, a cost-benefit analysis in my opinion favours trying to reason to a degree with these people, so as to avoid tragic confrontations when, for example, a home is foreclosed. The effort required in Canada is minimal given our jurisprudence, and the courts have in certain instances indicated that an attempt to educate the OPCA litigant is a basis for elevated costs against that litigant. Why not get the foundation for that laid as soon as possible?

An interesting example of 'trying to be reasonable' came up awhile ago. We received magic documents, pulled the file, and discovered the OPCA litigant was facing a limitation period in the next week or so. Once that was discovered, all parties involved (other than the OPCA litigant) agreed to effectively extend the limitation period by about a week by not moving to immediately obtain summary judgment. Instead, The parties wrote the OPCA litigant, informed the litigant of this decision, suggested the OPCA litigant's magic documents weren't going to work - read Meads v. Meads - and you, OPCA litigant, should really take the opportunity we are giving you to get a lawyer and make real arguments. Or talk to us about resolving this.

I was pretty pleased everyone cooperated on that, because it simply established a level of fair play and conduct that gave the OPCA litigant the opportunity to hang himself/herself (which he/she did), and also every chance to dig himself/herself out of that hole. It's not hard to argue and obtain indemnity costs in that situation! And who knows, perhaps the OPCA litigant would catch on.

We're lucky in that the local courts have taken a very active role in responding to Sovereign/Freeman litigation that comes to the attention of the judiciary. Meads v. Meads suggests at paras 256, 694 that the court preemptively declare OPCA documents have no relevance except as evidence against the OPCA litigant on costs, criminal charges, vexatious litigant and litigation status. This works wonders! OPCA litigants that I thought were hard cases who would definitely require trial and/or multiple applications have folded after receiving a stern notice from the court that their strategy is already invalid. I hope this practice becomes common across Canada.

Hope that answers your inquiry notorial dissent, if just on an anecdotal basis.

SMS Möwe
notorial dissent

Möwe, yes that does, gives a whole new meaning to a day late and a dollar short for some of them. I would suspect, as you point out, that most of the OPCA types usually don't get in to this mode until it is too late or nearly too late, and so there really isn't much you can do other than just file the things. The scarce few who still have a few minutes left on the clock are another matter entirely. I think it speaks highly of all of you that you do go the extra little bit to give them the opportunity to pull their heads out of the lions mouth or their nether regions, whichever, although it doesn't seem to be happening much.