President Tim Turner sentenced

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: President Tim Turner sentenced

Post by LightinDarkness »

I wonder if future RuSA propaganda calls will discuss whatever happened to all the "sure-fire" remedies they were going to use to break President Tim out of jail. If I am remembering them all, it includes:

- Going to the Hague and claiming Timmy was a political prisoner.
- Petitioning the United Nations
- Filing his Birth Certificate so the court could arrest the "Person" and release the "human being" President Tim

Kelby Smith if I recall was the head of his crackpot legal team. It was glorious listening to how sure they were that they would somehow win this and then when he was found guilty listening to them claim that they would surely get the judge to give him a minimal (months long) sentence with time served.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Burnaby49 wrote:From a Canadian perspective that seems a long sentence for his offenses given that they were all non-violent. However this very timely article puts American prison sentences in perspective.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/0 ... tence.html

I particularly like the comment:

That’s another point of these long sentences: to send a strong message that the prisoners in question should never, ever, ever be set free. In 1993 a Tulsa, Okla. jury sentenced two rapists to a cumulative 6,475 years in prison for kidnapping, raping, and robbing an elderly woman. The conviction was eventually reversed, the men were retried, and their sentences were quintupled: Darron Bennalford Anderson got 11,250 years in prison, while his associate, Allan Wayne McLaurin, got 21,250 years. (Three years later, an appeals court reduced Anderson’s sentence by 500 years.)

Whew! Dodged that bullet! Knocking 500 years off brings me down to, uh, just 10,750 years.
Canada and the U.S. diverge in an interesting way on 'ultra-long' sentences. In Canada a sentence in wrong in law if its term exceeds the offender's life expectancy. That rule comes from R. v. M. (C.A.), [1996] 1 SCR 500, at para. 74 (http://canlii.ca/t/1frb9). This case is an extremely unpleasant family sex and violence abuse scenario where the offender was a 55 year old father. He received a 25 year sentence, which the Supreme Court of Canada upheld as reasonable both in general and in relation to his age.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Damn bleeding heart judges, trimming that rapist's sentence by 5%. Heck, for good behavior, they might let him out when only half the sentence is finished.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

LightinDarkness wrote:I wonder if future RuSA propaganda calls will discuss whatever happened to all the "sure-fire" remedies they were going to use to break President Tim out of jail. If I am remembering them all, it includes:

- Going to the Hague and claiming Timmy was a political prisoner. Might be a bit difficult as I don't think most of them could come up with local bus fare, and Greyhound doesn't do an economy package over water, not to mention I don't think any of them have a clue as to where the Hague court is, or that their filing fees are even steeper than the USDC.
- Petitioning the United Nations They'd still have to come up with postage.
- Filing his Birth Certificate so the court could arrest the "Person" and release the "human being" President Tim Yeah, that'd work for sure.

Kelby Smith if I recall was the head of his crackpot legal team. It was glorious listening to how sure they were that they would somehow win this and then when he was found guilty listening to them claim that they would surely get the judge to give him a minimal (months long) sentence with time served. Kelby has his own problems with reality, and I suspect he will be emulating Pressy Tim in the not to distant future as well
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

:!: Wait a minute. Is The Hague a court with precedential effect over the Denny's or IHOP?

As for Mr. Turner, he's in a pickle of his own making. And right where he needs to be: Prison. It's the only place with a prayer of stopping him from doing the wrong thing.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It may be worth noticing that the Dept of Justice said that they began to look into Turner when he was with the Guardians of the Republic (a group not known to be tied to the RuSA), sending the Governors of all the states those letters saying Resign within a month or else you'll be 'removed'. If Turner hadn't been involved in that craziness, he might have stayed under the DOJ radar for quite a while longer.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:In Canada a sentence in wrong in law if its term exceeds the offender's life expectancy.
I was not a witness to the following, so cannot personally vouch for its accuracy. But I've heard it from enough typically reliable sources to believe either that it's accurate, or that a lot of folks think it's a really good story.

Many years ago, a certain USDJ in Manhattan (who, BTW, is still on the bench) sentenced a defendant to 100 years incarceration. The defendant, then in his fifties, said angrily, "How am I supposed to do 100 years?" The judge responded, "Do as much as you can."
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Actually, I think it is more a stew of his concocting. I still think he should have gotten the whole 160 years, just for the heck of it. I am also willing to be he'll have some con going almost as soon as the door slams shut on the new "presidential residence".
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Another account of Turner's sentencing, severe in view of his targeting govt employees and to make sure he was harmless when he gets out...

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/07/3 ... more-11580
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:Many years ago, a certain USDJ in Manhattan (who, BTW, is still on the bench) sentenced a defendant to 100 years incarceration. The defendant, then in his fifties, said angrily, "How am I supposed to do 100 years?" The judge responded, "Do as much as you can."
I've heard similar stories.

And I want to say that I, and I believe other taxpayers, will forgive him if he fails to serve the full term.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

James Timothy Turner is now shown as being "in transit" as inmate # 14154-002 in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. His projected release date is not yet posted.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Well, James Timothy Turner is no longer "in transit." He's now at the United States Penitentiary at Atlanta, inmate # 14154-002.

As of now, no projected release date has been posted for him on the Federal Bureau of Prisons web site.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

Famspear, I don't understand. Kelby Smith and "President" Timmy's crack legal team told everyone in RuSA that the United Nations and the Hague would become involved and that besides the US corporate courts could have no power over the de jure might that is RuSA! Surely Timmy will be declared to be a political prisoner by the Hague any minute now?
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

On a distantly related note, I wonder if anyone has any solid information on how these bozii are treated once they are in prison - how treated by the administration and how treated by other inmates.

I suppose we all imagine that once the other inmates realize these guys are unhelpful they make things rough on them. But does it actually happen as we imagine or is is something else??
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

fortinbras wrote:On a distantly related note, I wonder if anyone has any solid information on how these bozii are treated once they are in prison - how treated by the administration and how treated by other inmates.

I suppose we all imagine that once the other inmates realize these guys are unhelpful they make things rough on them. But does it actually happen as we imagine or is is something else??
In today's prison world, it depends a lot on the gang you wind up being aligned with or owned by.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent

Jimmy Tim is a grifter, albeit cheap and incompetent, so I would suspect he will gravitate towards that segment of the prison population, and since while he is many things, dangerous isn't one of them, I really don't suspect they will have him in with the really dangerous ones, probably more likely in with the white or semi white collar ones who didn't rate a min sec camp.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Annnnddd.....

....we now have a projected release date, per the Federal Bureau of Prisons.....

If 57 year old Jimmy Timmy Turner is a good boy, he could be released as soon as May 23, 2028.

:|
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LightinDarkness wrote:......Surely Timmy will be declared to be a political prisoner by the Hague any minute now?
I think it will be a while before the court in The Hague takes up Jimmy Timmy's case. I bet the court is trying to determine whether actor Bill Murray's rights were violated a few years ago when he was stopped by police in Sweden for driving a golf cart down the streets of Stockholm at 3:30 in the morning. I know they'll get to Jimmy Timmy eventually, though.....

:)
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

As a RuSA Life Member (and Official Elector from the state of South Carolina) I receive regular missages from RuSA.

The following is the latest -- a "Republic Address from President Turner"
It seems that President Turner is entrusting his (and the nation's) fate to the hand of a benevolent deity.
(without highlighting or corrections)
Address to the Republic

I write this as a public address to the People of the Republic. I am honored to be called your President and more so to be called your friend. I understand the need to hold an election. Some are concerned that the law is not being followed. I don't have access to the information in question so I cannot comment on the issue. I have prayed and asked the Lord to give me a message for you to help you during this difficult time. The following is the message He placed upon my heart for you. It may not be what everyone wants to hear, but it is the truth.
**ADDRESS**

To my fellow Americans of the Republic for the United States of America: Listen and learn a parable of the tree. The Republic from its earliest times has been compared to a tree. It has been referred to many times as "The Tree of Liberty." That is an appropriate analogy. We must be like a tree if we want to survive adversity. A tree is made up of many parts. You have roots, a trunk, limbs, branches, twigs and leaves. It takes all of these members to make one tree. If any of these fail to complete their purpose the tree dies. We must work in unity in order for the tree to survive.

The roots represent the strong foundation. Our Republic stands on the strongest of foundations. Our foundation is love, truth, honor, integrity, law, [and] honesty; all are products of God's Natural laws. Natural laws cannot be defeated. Can any man, country, army, or worldly force stop or even alter God's natural law? The answer is NO. No earthly power can stop the sun from rising and setting, the moon from shining or the wind from blowing. It simply can't be done. Yehova our God is the only power that controls these things. Just as certainly as He is [in] control of our Nations and our laws, He is also in control of His Republic and it shall not fail. It also provides the means for the roots to supply necessary life giving nutrients to the limbs, branches, leaves and fruit.

Our determination to see this through is the trunk of the Tree of Liberty. Many of you are supernaturally compelled and driven to get this Republic in place. This compulsion comes from God to help you stand strong during adversity. The job is not easy and we must stand strong as the trunk of the tree to support the Republic until it bears fruit. Those who make up the trunk of this Tree of Liberty are those who are dedicated to see this through to the end. God has given you the desire, wisdom, means and ability to get the job done. Sometimes it is a very heavy and wearisome burden but when it bears fruit in its season you will get to enjoy the fruits of your labor and enjoy the cool refreshing shade of the limbs, branches, twigs and leaves that you have born for so long. That day is soon to come if we faint not.

The limbs represent outreach. Those who are limbs spread the word of the good news that America has hope. They are the established members of the tree that support the branches and leaves (new members) and nourish (train) them in the ways of a Republic. The limbs must prepare to train so they will be ready when the masses come on board.

The branches are new members who are learning to become productive member of the Tree of Liberty. They support the leaves and fruit.

The leaves represent those who abide for a while but fall away in their time. While they are with us they perform many important functions. Some bring new life and energy to us for a while. Some bring material support. Some bring knowledge that helps us grow before they move on. No matter what task they perform in their short duration, it helps the tree to grow strong.

The twigs of the tree are special. The support and nourish the fruit. They also are members who are learning and growing to become seasoned members of the Republic. They bear the buds that produce fruit. The twigs are those who will join us and help us complete the Republic by filling necessary positions in the near future. The addition of the twigs will create the momentum we need to be recognized by the world as the Republic for the United States of America. Many of the twigs will remain and produce fruit (future generations) who will perpetuate the Republic in the future.

The bark of the tree protects the whole tree from cold, disease and even fire. The Tree of Liberty has a very thick bark for protection. A strong base of prayer warriors protect this tree and strengthen the bark of protection. A good knowledge of the laws of our land also helps to protect us as the bark protects a tree.

We have certainly been through the fire and the cold. We have been attacked repeatedly by saws and axes (the CORPORATION) but through it all we have survived. The winter has been long but spring is approaching and just like a tree we will see new life soon if we stand. I have suffered as much as any for our cause. I am not discouraged or disappointed. I see so much hope and I look forward to relaxing under the shade and protection of the Tree of Liberty and watching a new generation continue our work. When that day comes all of you will stand with me and be very proud that we made the sacrifice that saved our future generations. We will enjoy a great time of peace, safety and prosperity unlike any in the history of the world. We will also experience the manifold blessing of Yeshua our God because of obedience and sacrifice.

All of the parts of a tree must work together in order to bear fruit. The roots and trunk are unmovable while the winds of adversity blow strong upon it. The limbs and branches must ben and sway in the wind or they will break and fall away. If they try to be too rigid the wind will snap them off. They must give a little in order to withstand the winds.

We as member of the Republic must also be willing to be flexible and able to bend during times of adversity or it can cause the tree to be damaged. We can lose those we need if we become unsympathetic to different opinions or new ideas. None of us know everything. Some know more than others, but even a brand new member can teach us new things if we pay attention. We must remain with a teachable spirit and walk in compassion and love for one another. If you truly love your brother and sister you will not try to harm them. The older must teach the younger members but never get to the place you cannot be taught. Even babies teach us how to love without question. We could learn a few things from them. I am not saying we should not stand strong on our laws and principals but don't be afraid to listen and learn from new ideas.

The Constitution of our land is a sacred document. It is not necessarily a perfect document. I think it can and must be improved to compensate for the changes in society. That being said it must not be changed or amended lightly and cannot be changed by any congressional act. The Constitution must only be changed or amended by the American People and only when we have sufficient numbers to do so. Until that time we must abide by its principles. If we fail to uphold those sacred principles we have violated our oaths of office and are not fit to serve the People. We must uphold it until we can lawfully amend it as required. If we begin to do things to avoid the law we will soon be no different than those who currently govern. Our God Yehova will not bless any government that violates the laws of our land. We must hold steadfast to the law.

Opinions are debatable and sometimes principles and definitions of law are debatable. We always should listen and show respect for the opinions of others even when de don't agree. Do not turn against one another because of disagreements. If you do you have fallen into our enemy's (Lucifer) trap. He has been using division to divide and conquer for millennia. We should learn from past mistakes and not allow him to win. If you can't agree with one another, agree to disagree and part friends. We must not allow disagreements to cause division. Our enemy is counting on destroying you by disagreements. Some who are making the most noise over the least things are working for the enemy. You are more mature and knowledgeable than to fall into that trap. Recognize it and don't let him succeed. He cannot beat us even with his greatest weapons unless we allow it.

Sometimes we must note our disagreements on and for the record and come into agreement even though we don't get our way. It is necessary sometimes to keep unity. If you raise a protest on and for the record you will have legal standing to raise the issue in the future at a proper time when it will not harm the Tree of Liberty. We must stop the infighting or we will fail. Put your disagreements on hold, make a compromise and move forward. Millions of lives are at stake and you or I being right or wrong on a particular issue cannot stop our forward progress. Table it and move on together even if you think the action is in violation of the law. Reserve your right to address the issue at a future time and move on. You will likely find that if something that you feel is unlawful is implemented it won't work anyway and when you re-address the issue there will be little or no resistance to correcting the problem. Be like the tree and bend with adversity when it is absolutely necessary to keep unity. Just like the tree, the Republic will sway to and fro with the winds of adversity but when the winds stops it will still be in its correct position and undamaged. Those who will not bend will be broken and will be lost. Most who have left us can't even remember the all-important reason they left. The reasons are many but often on second look they were not that important. When we succeed they will be ashamed that they did not stand until the end. We must put our differences aside and bring unity. Without unity and true love for one another we will certainly fail.

You are a great and noble people who are working for an honorable cause. I am proud to be your President and your friend. I am praying that the Lord Yeshua will deliver me and allow me to resume the position as President. It will take a great and mighty miracle for that to happen. If I am released it will be His will for me to resume my official duties. If He does not release me in time before the election then I will accept that He has another to fill the position.

Anyone who is interested in the position of President must understand that it is a great sacrifice. When you take that oath your life belongs to the People of America. You have no personal life as President. You must be willing to serve this great People even if it costs you much. Please do not accept the job if you do not truly have the heart of a servant. If you want to be the boss; go work for the corporation because you will not be successful as President of the Republic. I pray that you will elect someone who has great love and commitment to this cause. Support him as you have me. I consider many of you as more than friends but more like family. Pray for your President faithfully. He will be faced with many many impossible situations and will be required to make many decisions without having the luxury of the time to inquire of the Lord and wait on an answer. His relationship with God must be sure so that he has our Lord's guidance and wisdom to make those critical and quick decisions. I can look back and see things I would have done differently. Given time to think it through I could have done better. Your next President will feel the same when his term is done. Don't be too quick to judge the President's actions until you know the facts. Many times he must make instant decisions with a lost less information that you may have after the fact.

I appreciate the faithfulness of A.P. Geiger throughout this incredibly difficult time. Jim has been a faithful friend to me and the Republic. Suzanne, his wife has also worked extremely hard and sacrificed more than most of you know for this Republic. Pray for them and support them in every way you can.

I better close for now. If God delivers you will see me soon. If not please choose carefully and prayerfully who your next President will be. You have some good choices and I will pray for and support him with all of my heart. It is an honor to serve such a noble group of people.

God Bless America.
Your President and Your Friend,
James Timothy Turner
(followed by a fervent request for donations via PayPal, credit or debit card, or direct wire transfer)
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
notorial dissent

What a great maundering pile of drivel, saying absolutely nothing. How inspirational, imaginary hopes for an imaginary government.