Truckers to Bring 'Citizens Grand Juries' to DC

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Truckers to Bring 'Citizens Grand Juries' to DC

Post by notorial dissent »

Reportedly there were only about 30 of them anyway, so not much of a mass showing, the rains really slowed things down anyway, and other than being stopped and told not to block lanes, there so far hasn't been any thing resembling an incident, so another non-event in an ever lengthening list of non-events and showings.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Zeeda Andrews, the spokeswoman for this charade, says that she's gotten commitments from 3000 truckers .....

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/10/1 ... more-12526

Describing her conspiracy beliefs:
They [her beliefs] include her belief that Obama is actually Osama bin Laden in disguise, as she described in a YouTube post: “He is alive, call me crazy {Yes, I will!} but, Osama Bin Laden is our Obama do your research,” she wrote. “The CIA has been preparing for this since he was a boy. They have same height, bone structure, hands and ears both are left handed the Osama face was created by Hollywood. The fox is in the hen house.”
notorial dissent

Well, I would say obviously and seriously delusional to start with, and about -100% wrong on the turnout from all reports. I think more likely that the squirrel is in the attic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Tonight (Friday, 9 pm EST) Rachel Maddow reported that fewer than two dozen big rigs have materialized for this Truck-In. They evidently are not going to rally or stage speeches, they say they are going to drive around the area as slowly as the law allows (already at least one has been ticketed for driving too slow - 39 mph), with their tea party banners and signs on their trucks, to get other people's attention. Inasmuch as they arrived with the heavy downpour, no problem about driving slow.
Last edited by webhick on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed political paragraph.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Looked like around 30-40 according to news reports I've read so far. One stated that another few convoys are expected over this weekend since they were bringing vets in for a protest at the Memorials.

So far the best report I've seen is:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... pital-city
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well we've got a muddy convoy
Splashing through DC
We've got a fuzzy convoy
Demanding to be free
Where the heck is everybody?
The traffic's a godawful mess
I just hope the government shutdown
Won't turn off the GPS

Convoy!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

From what I've read, a whopping 6 big-rigs came out for the protest.

http://aattp.org/video-watch-frustrated ... -truckers/

:lol:
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Wall Street Journal comments in today's edition. To add insult to past negect on the topic the Journal's comment is only an opening teaser to an article unrelated to the Grand Jury issue:

The "Truckers Ride for the Constitution" that threatened to gum up traffic in the capital was a dud as of Friday afternoon. Police in the Washington, D.C., area estimated that perhaps 30 big rigs took part, not the thousands predicted. It is a far cry from the fictitious, mile-long challenge to authority in the 1978 film "Convoy."
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent

I think it was what can be characterized as a certified non-event, in a long list of non-events and fantasy acts of defiance. I don't think anyone in DC, other than the police, much noticed or cared, and the police pretty well blew them off too, only stopping some of them to tell them to quit blocking traffic, didn't get a ticket to whine about or anything on that one from what I heard, although a couple of them did get get tickets for other things from what I've heard. I would say that they spent a lot of money and time to accomplish nothing, and according to one report one of the so called organizers, if this thing can be called organized at all, has been accused of stealing money from the truckers meant to pay for gas. Some of the big shot, I use the term loosely, birther leaders were there trying to get some traction, and didn't even seem to get much attention when all was said and done.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

He's got a ticket to whine
He's got a ticket to whi-i-ine
And we don't care!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

grixit wrote:He's got a ticket to whine
And we don't care!
Have the clerk enter a Judgement of 500 Quatloo for frivolous use of a Lennon/McCartney melody.

:snicker:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

Gregg wrote:
grixit wrote:He's got a ticket to whine
And we don't care!
Have the clerk enter a Judgement of 500 Quatloo for frivolous use of a Lennon/McCartney melody.
I thought that was what Lennon/McCartney songs were for...
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP